What show/movie are you proudest of avoiding?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GregM, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That's a different thread! :D

2. GregM

GregM The expanding man Thread Starter

As someone who can get seriously addicted to shows (e.g., Sopranos, Mad Men, Curb Your Enthusiasm) I am grateful I never got into Lost.

People watched it religiously for years expecting a great payoff or epiphany. Apparently, the writing team was just using gimmicks and had less clue about where to take the show than many viewers, making it a colossal waste of time--but that's just what I've heard.

3. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

As far as the OP statement above (the threads title), there should be no complaints or ill defense of any show someone has named. Every bitch and moan should be considered thread crap. Some people just can't help themselves. Of course, the thread would be pretty boring if someone didn't break the rules. ;)

4. Without any stance of superiority or whatever, here are some major pop films and TV shows I have never seen:

- Lost
    - The Sopranos
    (it was never broadcast uncensored in Canada until fairly recently, and I've never got around to the DVDs)
    - Glee (This was so heavily hyped I got sick of it anyway)
    - Any reality shows since the first seasons of Survivor and American Idol (well, aside from Hoarders and Intervention occasionally)
    - Any of the Lord of the Rings movies
    - Any movie or TV show involving teenage vampires
    - Any TV show involving a rich girl who came to broad notice after releasing a sex tape having a sex tape "leaked".

5. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

I have avoided any vampire show, book or movie since the original Dracula. Not into zombies either...but I respect those who are, for whatever reason. No condescension intended or implied.

6. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

These people should avoid David Lynch movies at all costs. :laugh:

7. Jay F

Jay F New Member

I never liked the concept of vampires or zombies as entertainment, but because everyone was reading those Ann Rice novels in the '80s, I picked up a copy of the first one, and threw it across the room after 50 pages (paperback), and haven't sought vampires in my entertainment on any day since. I even made the Ann Rice movie the first Tom Cruise movie I didn't see. I'm not "proud" of not having seen any of this stuff, I just know it's not for me. I don't like science fiction, either.

Bleah. I hated Twin Peaks.

Oh, and it took me only three eps of Lost before I was lost.

8. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

This thread has wandered way, way off-topic, including a lot of personal jabbing at members' opinions, actions, etc. The topic is: What show/movie are you proudest of avoiding? Let's stay on-topic, please. (34 posts deleted)

Thanks,
    Matt

9. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I wish I had read this thread 15 minutes ago! ;)

10. lugnut2099

lugnut2099 Forum Resident

Good news, then - Looney Tunes are back on CN and have been for a year or so.

11. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

Sorry, you heard from the wrong people then. Many wanted some contrived big bang ending with a big surprise, but anyone who paid attention all along realized it was a spiritual and dramatic show, not a science fiction or suspense show.

Many were drawn in for various reasons, not all the same. If anything they tried to cater to too huge of an audience.

12. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Star Trek and all it's spinoffs.

13. Pibroch

Pibroch Active Member

I'm really proud that I didn't bother reading all of this thread.

14. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Never saw all of Saturday Night Fever
    Never saw more than 15 minutes of Friends total

15. subatomic09

subatomic09 Forum Resident

I posted basically the same thing, but it got deleted for some reason. I loved the ending because I saw the show as modern mythology exploring the mystery of existence, not a sci-fi soap opera.

16. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I find this damn near impossible to believe. You realize they release more than cartoons right?

17. egor

egor Forum Resident

I'm proudest of avoiding prime time US television since about 1998.

18. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

Just in time to miss crap like "The West Wing"...:confused:

19. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Glee
    Jersey Shore

20. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

I've never seen one Ashton Kutcher movie, even though I work with (and am friends with) his twin brother.

21. clayton

clayton Senior Member

The Kardashians, Kate +8, American Idol and pretty much every other reality based show, Twilight movies

22. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

:righton:

I watched a few episodes of some but never could handle much more as I find far too many insulting to my intelligence and especially hate most of the 'stars'.

The only reality show I watch is American Roadshow because I do learn something.

23. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Spoiler Alert: The ship sinks.

24. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Why bother being proud of something when you have missed some cool stuff?

25. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

No reality TV for me. Just not my cup of tea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.