What is coming in 2010 from Audio Fidelity

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter K, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. art

art Senior Member

Not to offend, but many suggestions on here are shockingly awful and pedestrian (Tull, Live, Styx, Mike and the Mechanics, Bread? ... Just waitin' for Huey Lewis, Loverboy and Asia ... oh, wait!). How can it be that so many wretched, obvious titles are suggested in succession? Surely the imagination extends beyond the music that was completely (and unfairly) ubiquitous and overwrought in its time?

2. George P

George P Notable Member

:wtf:

3. World of Genesis

World of Genesis Active Member

Thanks, Art! I forgot about that first Asia album! :)

Seriously, what would you recommend? More Alice Cooper?! I hope not. I think people were throwing out titles and artists that might show significant improvement as a remastered recording under AF. While you might love to hear a Steve Hoffman treatment of artists like The Beatles, The Stones or Bob Dylan, either (A) its all been remastered recently or (B) the artist will probably not relinquish the rights to do it anyway.

4. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

My wish list!

Stevie Wonder: Talking Book, Innervisions, Fulfillingness First Finale, Songs In The Key of Life.

Jim Carroll: Catholic Boy

Patti Smith: Radio Ethiopia (it's just always kinda overlooked)

5. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

This trend is troublesome to me, too. I think our demographics are leaning towards the mainstream more and more around here....:sigh:
    The only title you mentioned above I would even consider purchasing would be the Jethro Tull "Benefit".

6. World of Genesis

World of Genesis Active Member

Not to worry. Huey Lewis' Sports was already done by Mobile Fidelity.

7. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

The DVD-A actually sounds pretty decent. I'm looking forward to hear what Steve can milk out of this.

8. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

I have to agree. I subscribed based on the titles promised at the beginning. If a lot of the titles being suggested here came out, I'd have to reconsider being a subscriber. Right now the main benefit of being a subscriber seems to be that when defects are found you get the replacements sent to you automatically.

9. serj

serj Forum Resident

I think it would be great to have some:

Stevie Wonder
    Jethro Tull
    Iron Maiden
    Elton John
    David Bowie
    Kate Bush

10. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

No way, they do not need it. The Barry Diament mastered cd's sound just fine. By "remastered" if you mean "louder", HELL NO! Especially if you're thinking of a certain someone who has worked on many Genesis related things. Those Collins albums on cd sound just fine.

11. ... now this I will second.

12. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

AF will be happy to down-res the SACD. Like with Machine Head. Seems goofy to me though. I'll stick with the SACDs.

13. PaulB

PaulB Forum Resident

One vote for Nickelback!

14. George P

George P Notable Member

:agree: :righton: :agree:

15. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Good point. To turn the tide, I recommend Kansas Leftoverture.

:D

16. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Stevie Wonder's "Talking Book" or Jethro Tull's "Benefit" are the obvious top choices.

17. KeithH

I would take any of Steve Wonder's '70s albums. Please, oh please.

18. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

I will admit Id like to hear what SH could do with a Breads GHs. But yeah pretty milk toast titles on the others.

What titles would you like to see, art?

19. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

PLEASE something more recent... How about something from the '90s?

20. KeithH

Was there music in the '90s?

:D

21. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

I heard tell of it Keith, but never did listen to any of it ;)

22. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

America
    Rocks
    Benefit
    Dusty in Memphis
    Buff. Spring. Again mono

aaaaand dream on johnny.
    bring on the Asia :sigh:
    could we get anymore yatch rock?
    And lets stay away from crappy recorded music that isnt going to benefit much even if its easier to license. Draw the Line - nooo. Rocks- yess.. Schools Out - noo Killer-- yes! And how many remasterings of the same album thats been done by audiophile co. already? AF has some unique titles to be proud of but there are too many light weight titles and repeat titles. and great titles that are never going to sound great no matter what you do because they were recorded sounding like crap. I would gladly pay 55 bucks for a premium title. Why? because Id rather see 25 great titles released than 12 dated ones and 15 good and 10 great. I would pay that much for Fleetwood Mac Rumors.. Americas ST.. Buff Spring..Dusty. I have enjoyed several but I think its slippin some. Come on AF!! We are behind you! Bring the great titles on! :)

23. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Good idea :righton:

24. George P

George P Notable Member

I couldn't be happier with my original Tamla and Motown CDs. :shrug:

25. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

Absolutely none.

Here we go with my desires:

Hip hop - Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Jungle Brothers, Mos Def
    Hüsker Dü
    Beck (!)
    Flaming Lips
    Public Image Ltd. (I'd cry if Steve remastered Metal Box or First Issue. Literally.)
    The Clash
    The Damned

and other stuff that I currently cannot think of.

I know that a majority of AF's consumer base isn't interested in anything more recent, but still, I'm sure that, say, a remastered version of Beck's "Odelay" or The Clash's "London Calling" would sell healthier than a remastered Joe Walsh or Rod Stewart album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.