What if Crosby hadn't gotten booted from the Byrds?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PhilBorder, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

I'm always amused when I look at the horse 'standing in' for Crosby on the cover of NBB - but then I think about the huge bitterness that must have been behind the break; and the documentary evidence we were given (on the reissue) of just what a pain in the posterior Yosemite Sam could be in those final days.....:laugh:

2. waynenet

waynenet New Member

I think they could have struggled through one more album. But no more than that.

3. ehoove

ehoove Forum Resident

I think they pretty much ran their course. One more album might have be rather forgettable. IMHO
    Regards,
    Jim

4. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Seeing that the original topic has been exhausted apparently, does anyone remember how McGuinn, Crosby, and Hillman got along doing the reunion tracks for the first box set ? Did any old issues or problems surface or did it go smoothly ? I can't remember.

I guess I'm glad at this point that McGuinn has resisted Crosby's desire to still get together as the Byrds.

It's amazing to me after all the bad blood that went down between them that David would still be up for doing a Byrds project.

But, without Michael... and Gene especially, I think McGuinn is probably right to put the
    band to rest.

Strangely though I guess, I'd be OK with them releasing something as McGuinn, Crosby and Hillman.

Once "The Byrds" name is attached to a project I expect another level up, or something, and I don't think that they can deliver that.
    It's just a name, but still..

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

To the OP, It would have been Stills, Nash, and sometimes Young. Still a killer band.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.