What audio toys do you want Santa to bring you?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by LeeS, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drh

drh Talking Machine

Thanks--oh, yes, I have been already. It's gotten me back into playing my 78s in a way I haven't in at least a decade. Nice bonus is that it also is a noticeable step up for LPs, too, from the phono preamp section of the Adcom tuner/preamp I was using before. Even at the good price I found--not a "giveaway," but well under half of new list before shipping--it's easily the most expensive piece of stereo gear I've ever bought, but so far I think it's money well spent--like a really good camera for a photograpy buff. I hope you're as happy with yours!

2. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Good to hear you're enjoying it. It struck me as a vintage vinyl collector's dream phono. I'll report back when I get mine connected later this week.

3. cara

cara Member

If AP ever decide to release it, I'll have one of these please Santa...

[​IMG]

4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Well, I got the job! Going back into the workforce after being retired two and a half years. It's time, and I got lucky: was offered the first job I applied for. (Boy did I work hard to prepare for the three consecutive nterviews, three hours at the facility!)

As a reward I ordered the Decware interconnect I need to re-introduce my Decware ZBOX into the system, and decided to try a new power cord recommended to me, a MAC (My Audio Cables) "Digital Sound Pipe"--I'm going to use this on either my DAC or CDplayer and use the power cord from that component on the ZBOX.

I already have the ZBOX in the system, stole the interconnect and power cord I need from my second (bedroom) system in the meantime until the new pieces arrive. And to make it up to the second system for being slightly dissected, I ordered the discounted Marantz BD7004 Blu-Ray player from Music Direct (299!) to put in there. Should have that Thursday.

Made myself a nice little Xmas!

5. Lonson

Oh and the sound of the main system. . . wow. I could only dream of sound like this twenty years ago when I had a wife who was a bit too addled to work and an annual salary of twenty thou!

6. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

:angel: It's not quite on AP's doorstep to say though, they have already decided on their part and the serious coin spent.

Congrats to you! Best of luck at it too. :cheers:

7. Lonson

Thanks Chris! Now I can afford some frim fram sauce!

8. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

:laugh:

Here I've set up a good enough speaker/amp setup for my situation, have a good digital disc front end and bought headphones I'm really happy with. The next steps I need to get 'round to are new stylus (and/or cart), real quality sound card and/or DAC for digital file sources and a quality headphone amp.

Just hand me the check for the water... :D

9. fmuakkassa

fmuakkassa Dr. M

Santa is bringing me a Fozgometer in addition to a lot of LPs.

10. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan Thread Starter

11. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Doesn't matter. As long as I've been an audio guy{30 years} not one time have I ever got a present that had anything to do with A/V.

12. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan Thread Starter

:shake:

13. ROLO46

ROLO46 Forum Resident

EAR /Toshino 834 amp
    Currently on the Bay at HALF its original £4.5K
    But still too expensive for Santa and his Elve (IMF cutbacks)

14. simonux

simonux Custom Title

A Denon pma 1510ae or a Nad C356 BEE...

15. fmuakkassa

fmuakkassa Dr. M

Thanks Lee. Interesting product but it seems it's not available yet for purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.