What audio toys do you want Santa to bring you?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by LeeS, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Santa's been a no-show for years.

Many years.

Can't even be bothered to leave coal.

I could use new speakers, however... both systems.

Joseph Audio and Salk are on the short list.

2. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan Thread Starter

I was really amazed at the sound the Joseph Audio Pulsars were putting out at RMAF. Small box, huge bass. Go figure.

3. Puma Cat

Puma Cat Forum Resident

Music.

4. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

I could also go for a pair of JBL K2 S9900s.

[​IMG]

5. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

So I hear, but I have to be realistic. I purchased an ARC Phono REF 2 earlier this year, and then I purchased an ARC 40th Anniversary Reference Preamp. And, of course, I bought a ton of vinyl this year (as usual). The sounds coming from my system are wonderful -- I just don't think Santa is going to stop by to drop off any more audio equipment.

BUT, I will actually be at my ski house for the holidays. Maybe Santa could stop by there and drop off some ski boots. The linings in my current pair are all torn up from years of use.

:wave:

6. Paradiddle

Paradiddle Forum Resident

Santa would really like to get me a Salamander S30 rack (with sides and door) but is having trouble fitting it in his bag/budget. For the last 9 years I've been using a flimsy "rack" from The Container Store that's just not going to cut it anymore now that I have a decent TT.

7. LeeS

You have been naughty. I will make you a deal. Donate the Phono 2 to the LeeS Christmas Fund, a most worthy charity and I will tell Santa that you are now short one big audio toy.

8. motorcitydave

9. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Dem are some pretty fine speakers!:edthumbs:

I'm really going to hope Santa can give me pair of those. But he would probably say: I just gave you some 1970 AS-300s and a brand new Sansui GX-100 rack.

Dem are some pretty fine speakers!!!

All it takes is money. That's it. To tell you the truth I don't even know if they would fit in my house! Looks like they would need a pretty big room to breath, real big room really, to function as designed. The neighbors would love those!! haha.

I really like the design and style. How much do they sell for???

10. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Now these are super fine. They definately wouldn't fit in my house. haha. They are just beautiful!.

What do they cost? I know I will be totally blown away. A guess: $25,000?

Quite Honestly: I'm quite happy with my 4 sets of Sansui speakers. :>) For my home, they work perfect! Satisified! But I do love the sound quality of 4300 series speakers!

11. motorcitydave

bluesky: The K2s are believe are $40000, maybe more. The Everests are around $60000, probably more.

Our best bet in the JBL line are the 1400 Arrays. Those go for around $12000. Cheaper if you look around and go through a JBL rep. They were reviewed in Stereophile 6 months ago.

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/jbl_synthesis_1400_array_bg_loudspeaker/

As far as fitting in your house, well the Japanese audiophiles manage to wedge these bad daddies into dinky rooms. I dunno how they do it!

4345s are good, great even, but the downside are the old fashioned tweeters and midrange horns. The Arrays and K2s have superior high frequency response. But the 4345s will probably blow your brains out! And they're cheaper for the most part. I would buy those from Kenrick Sound in Japan. They fully restore the old JBLs. Buying them used is maybe taking a chance, unless you don't mind restoring them yourself!

12. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

Tascam DR-2D.

13. Lontano

Lontano Forum Resident

No audio toys for me - I am done for the foreseeable. Camera toys only please - nice Leica lenses.

14. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

Just googled the 4345, I want a pair!! :righton:

[​IMG]

15. David Powell

David Powell Well-Known Member

As I'm content with my current audio components, my Christmas present for myself this year is a beautiful & affordable sunburst Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster guitar.

16. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

You'll shoot your ear out.

:wave:

-Bill

17. Glen B

Glen B New Member

"Santa" is not in the habit of bringing me audio toys for Christmas. I'm just thankful that "Mrs. Claus" has put up with my audio passion during our 29 years of marriage.

18. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Let's think even bigger. Let's enter into a partnership for an airplane. You bring the airplane and I'll bring the air.

All the best to you and the other Forum members for the holidays. :wave:

19. LeeS

If I remember correctly, you work in the legal field so perhaps you are most qualified for the hot air part.

:winkgrin:

Just kidding Hal. Have a great holiday!

20. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

I guess like squeezing into clothes like this. Just because you can does it make it right?

Attached Files:

21. Ocean56

Ocean56 Forum Resident

A Squeezebox Touch!

22. motorcitydave

Oh yeah, I hear ya. Those things will grab you by the throat and slam you into the back wall. They're probably a lot of fun!

23. guitarguy

guitarguy Tone Meister

I would be happy if some elves would come in and re-rip my whole library in a lossless format! OH - and rip my movie collection, too! I can never find the time to make a dent in that project.

I really do have everything I need and count myself blessed in many ways. However, I would like to get my wife a Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 for her D200...but that will have to wait for a while.

24. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

Santa pre-ordered the Mofi Stevie Ray Vaughn SACD's for me. That's more than enough for me.

25. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Audio Enthusiast

I'm actually picking up a Conrad Johnson 16LS on saturday. That and I picked up a new watch when I was in Grand Cayman a couple weeks ago. I'm good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.