What are your rarest CDs? #3

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by darkmatter, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Geesh, I just figured out how to filter.
    According to my discogs for me it's the-
    US Atlantic Abba-Super Trouper, good God.

Mbe, blaken123, billnunan and 3 others like this.
  2. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

I have the Mooreland Live Yardbirds I think that was quickly withdrawn.

3. no.nine

no.nine (not his real name)

Haha! :laugh: That's why I didn't point it out initially!! Ignorance really CAN be bliss!

We all have different buttons, tolerances, preferences, etc. Digital clicks are one of my buttons. You might be lucky enough to not be as sensitive to them as I am. I couldn't help but notice it on this, and then I would cringe as that part approached every time I played the CD. That's why I embarked upon my long search for a click-free mastering!

Dave S, Carraway and c-eling like this.
  4. no.nine

Just found a real interesting one the other day. Phil Collins' Hello, I must Be Going: this is the only copy I've ever seen where the song title "I Don't Care Anymore" is spelled phonetically. I wouldn't even be surprised if this is the only one like this in existence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nightflight75 and c-eling like this.
  5. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

I don't have this disc, but surely there must be similar vintage releases with the spelling mistake.

6. no.nine

That's not a spelling mistake. I mean, that's how he pronounces it in the song! And it's also spelled that way on the back cover. I can't imagine it would be spelled wrong in not just two spots, but three. It has to be deliberate.

[​IMG]

nightflight75, Dave S and blaken123 like this.
  7. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Or it's April 1st!?!?

Mbe likes this.
  8. George P

George P Notable Member

The elusive Three Stooges pressing.

Mbe and no.nine like this.
  9. no.nine

YA!!

[​IMG]

My comment about it being the only copy in existence was meant to be a clue. But maybe it was too subtle of a clue. Sorry, @Dave S. And after you responded, I couldn't resist running with it just a bit more! So, more apologies.

d.s.l., Mbe, impalaboy and 6 others like this.
  10. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Ha, I never would believe it to be anything other than a mistake though.

Mbe likes this.
  11. no.nine

I was going to go with the spelling "Anymo" at first. It fit the same premise of the pronunciation but it looked TOO much like an obvious mistake to me, like two letters were simply lopped off by accident. I figured "Anymoe" would be more likely to make people think "WTF"? :laugh:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    bagofsoup likes this.
  12. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

13. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Yes, lopping two letters would make it too obvious.
    [​IMG]
    This rear insert is obviously wrong, since it's the insert that goes with the target CD and not the golden great disc. That's a good paint good btw.

14. no.nine

You're not supposed to notice that. :laugh:

Actually, to be honest, I didn't even know that. The label and catalog # are the same, so I figured it was fail safe!

15. deredordica

deredordica Music Freak

You "just found"? Don't tease us like that...we need details.

16. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

One of the tricks for finding targets. The insert for the golden great disc has some extras added (later targets also have this insert).
    [​IMG]

no.nine likes this.
  17. deredordica

deredordica Music Freak

Not exactly rare, but not very common; I have numerous CDs that would be a real pain to replace, and not cheap. I probably have several classical CDs that are truly rare--just don't know which ones off the top of my head.

18. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

Ha, this post is just about nine years old!

(Found in the bins. Still up there on my list of all-time good bin finds.)

deredordica likes this.
  19. deredordica

deredordica Music Freak

Lol, I didn't notice the date!

20. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I have an update. I visited an estate sale and looked over about one hundred classical CDs in mint condition but this Japan for Japan Denon disc stood out. For a buck, it had to come home with me.

Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 "Choral" Suitner 38C37-7021. Matrix 7021 D2, or B2. This matrix is a very crude etched or stamped and is in the hub AND mirror band of the disc. A frosted edge, smooth sided "1" case and a Patent pending '4' 12 tooth tray is in mint condition. The CD has a code 1982-12, which I assume indicated the approximate original release, December 1982.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    deredordica, Dave S and c-eling like this.
  21. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Nice find Michael!
    Those old Denon's are nice. Being a 38C does the face have the three band color design-Black-Silver-Black?
    My Vivaldi 38C has 1982-11
    Man these puppy's were expensive 3,800 YEN in 1982

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    mdm08033 likes this.
  22. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Sorry about the lack of pictures, I've lost access to Imgur at work. Yes it's the typical Denon three band-Black-Silver-Black. I had previously found a Denon classical compilation, A Bouquet Of Piano Music, (1984.5) so I new what to expect for sound quality. Anyone who spots these early Denon discs in the bins, don't blink, they sound great.

c-eling likes this.
  23. Yardbird

Yardbird Forum Resident

Rarest? For me it's a Robert Plant The Principle of Moments West Germany target in which the target is gray, not black.

I actually had two of these and traded one to my friend at targetcd.net.

The cd can be seen at targetcd.net Target CD Details

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.