What are you gonna do when the Beatles Remasters suck?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drexler_McStyles, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Thanks buddy! :righton:

2. SgtMacca

SgtMacca New Member

+1 :edthumbs:

3. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Spoken like someone who has never heard Let It Bleed on an SACD player...:agree:

4. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

...and you call yourself a Gort? CAPITOL?? C'mon Keith. If you're going to post, come to the table with facts, not myth. Ron

5. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Skip each one across a large pond and see which title goes the furthest,
    then take my set of needledrops and put them inside the new packaging and presto I'll be happy. :D

6. brainwashed

My needledrops are better than yours:righton:

7. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Don't bet the ranch on it. :righton:

8. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

I wonder if the announcement of the 9-9-09 release date was made so far in advance to intentionally provoke all kinds of debate like this, to fan the flames on both sides of the fence. So that the "They are gonna suck" crowd will buy them to prove they were right, and the "They are going to be great because the press release said so" crowd will buy them to prove they were right all along.

Unless they just got tired of nuts like us emailing them constantly about the subject...

I don't believe the OP is a troll; I think he just wanted some banter back and forth about the issue and objected to the perceived consensus that these reissues necessarily must be good. If we shouldn't knock what we haven't heard, then we shouldn't praise what we haven't heard either. Probably optomism is more common than pessimism in human nature, so we want them to fulfill our expectations.

Or maybe the OP is following Bobby Zimmerman's line of thought--"Ain't it hard when you discover that.....he really wasn't where it's at...." to the present day and is purposefully keeping his expectations low.

9. Let's blame it on his bee-yotch ex :laugh:

10. CRAP, If they really do suck . . . I'm gonna to mail them to YOU Andrew!!
    :laugh:

JUST KIDDING FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!

11. See, I think you're absolutely wrong here. If they sound good, I'm going to try to
    be the loudest trumpeter of the news of their magnificence (and I believe a lot
    of the other worriers here would be similarly surprised, and vocal about it too).
    I just don't think that exact team of engineers has "our" (hoffman-esque) interests
    at heart. They want something "that will sell". Bloom? Analoguey sound? Unlikely.

I'm wishing, and praying and hoping to hear the most magnificent mastering possible on those discs.
    I want to be 100% wrong about my prediction.
    I want the new discs to sound nothing like the recent 'Photograph:The Very Best Of Ringo Starr' cd.

12. Maybe he heard Hot Rocks and More Hot Rocks on SACD.
    Chesty and opaque sounding. Not a little bit processed; in fact a lot processed.

13. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

If the Beatles remasters suck I can just put them with the hundreds of other Beatles items I have that I never play.

14. BeatleJWOL, you win the prize.
    That disc only sounds great on equipment no longer manufactured, ie: a SACD player.
    The redbook layer is mediocre at best.

15. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Depends on whether you have 1 ear left or 2 ears left after rollerblading in traffic.

16. tagomago

tagomago Original Wrapper

I could listen to the Beatles on a ****** cassette player and I wouldn't mind. The Beatles are all about the songs and the melodies, to me the audio quality is not that important.

Just enjoy the music!!

I'm glad the remasters are coming, but do I need them to enjoy their music? NO!

17. warmbuddy

warmbuddy New Member

That's good to see actually. Most here think he can also walk on water - he must be tired of all those synchophants at his feet... :eek: a heretic among us!

18. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

:rolleyes: SACD players are still being produced. Try Marantz for one example.

19. warmbuddy

warmbuddy New Member

:laugh: That's comical, considering the "If you're not with us, you're against us" mantra, the deteriorating freedom of speech, action, and other liberties most of you acquiesce to...

20. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I am assuming you got this info via PM from him or is this just conjecture?

21. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

I am certainly not saying everybody but-IMHO there is a certain self fulfilling prophecy in regards to a lot of stuff we talk about.

If someone thinks they won't like something, I feel that many times the person goes into the listening experience looking for everything wrong with the music. They are expecting it to bad and their tolerance for anything "wrong" is at a low. There is this weird satisfaction that they were right.

22. brainwashed

Ha, the ranch, my studio and my 1959 Strat :angel:

23. You're just a blindingly brilliant ray of sunshine, ain't ya bub?!?:D Talk about a pre-emptively negative thread subject!:eek:

24. Henry the Horse

Henry the Horse Active Member

Can someone post a press release?:D

25. phish

phish Jack Your Body

in all honesty.... if we are going to speculate, why can't the speculation go both ways?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.