What are you gonna do when the Beatles Remasters suck?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drexler_McStyles, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

See, that right there is your problem! You assume that any of these people criticizing the upcoming remasters have either read or comprehended the press release, and even if they have then they seem to assume its a propaganda document trying to lure them into the trap their conspiracy theories are already building! :) It seems that for a lot of people their default position is "PhilCohen absolute negative" and theyre never gonna give that up based on any information that might give us hope in the press release! :laugh:

Steve

2. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

+1

I've been wondering for years why everyone here has wanted Beatles remasters, when 99% of the remasters that come out are bashed here. I'm not saying those shouldn't be bashed, because they probably sound like crap. I don't understand why everyone thinks the Beatles remasters will be be different.

Were the Rolling Stones remasters? How about the Who remasters? Or Bowie or... the list goes on and on.

3. GowG

GowG Forum Resident

Spit to my face, by myself!

4. SgtMacca

SgtMacca New Member

What are you gonna do when the Beatles Remasters suck?

What kind of question is that??

:yawn::yawn:

5. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

If and/or when?
    Listen to a gazillion other records and CDs I like per usual.

6. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

If and when they do, good long run yet today of help no discussion. But yet, not even the digital Sgt. can yet do the undue of it all, no way man.

7. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

I don't necessarily believe that.

I think the problem is that when someone disagree's with something-Sometimes they don't even understand or don't care how disrespectful they are being. Half the problem on this forum is not the differing opinions but that people can be jerks about it.

8. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

No, they are merely relying on the facts as stated in the press release.

9. John

John Senior Member

I agree with you about not getting worked up. Im expecting a lifeless rendition with these remasters, I doubt they will have squashed dynamics though. It will prove interesting to see how they sound. If they suck, I will continue to listen to my few UK original LPs and my MOFI vinyl box. Vinyl reissues are what Im holding out for...

10. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

I think quite a few remasters DO sound good though. John Lennon, George Harrison, Elton John, Dan Fogelberg, Moody Blues, Love soundtrack, Yellow Submarine Songtrack, etc.

I think 99% is overstated, but it shows that not everyone will be happy. Some never are.

11. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

What am I gonna do? Celebrate with the OP's mom. :)

Evan

12. TMan

TMan Forum Resident

Did they allegedly spend four years on those, and put out a press release beforehand stating how they would be treated? That's why people think these may be different.

13. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

I don't know what, exactly you're 'disagreeing' with since people are called 'threadcrappers' when they dare to voice a dissenting opinion around here and gorts do delete posts which go contrary to the mood of the thread. Surely these practices are not in question?

And I don't feel the Hoffmanites who offer dissenting opinions are any more 'jerks' than people who offer dissenting opinions anywhere else are. What do you do in the real world when someone disagrees with you? Call on someone to come and take the offender away?

14. Robertazimmerman

Robertazimmerman Member

Unbelievable! How did you get to hear them so soon???? I thought that they aren't coming out until 9/9/09!!!

Wow! I really appreciate your commentary, so now I can dispense with having to listen to them for myself and coming to my own educated conclusion.

Great post. We ALL appreciate experts' opinions.

R

P.S. :rolleyes:

15. Phlo

Phlo Formerly dave-o

Nice. Thanks. :wave:

16. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

"I will be on the internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world."

Attached Files:

17. TMan

TMan Forum Resident

:laugh:

That is exactly how I've pictured many of the fine folks on this forum. :cool:

18. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

Looks like some of us beat him to this!
    :laugh:

19. The press release made clear that the mastering engineers are aware you should be very careful with things like noise reduction or digital compression. That's a good thing. Of course that doesn't mean we'll get audiophile quality releases, but at least it indicates they've learned something since Let it be naked.

20. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I don't have a problem. I am one happy and optimistic dude. I don't sit around starting anti-Beatles threads and then complain how many Beatles threads there are. First there were supposedly 75. Now there are 50 threads? When in reality, only one is really still going. The other ones on Past Masters/Mono Masters speculation have died out a week ago. So I don't know why you guys keep complaining about something you haven't heard. But to let other peoples enthusiasm ruin your day shows some misguided logic. Let us be happy. If you don't care about 9-9-09 and are convinced nothing will beat the sound of your German first pressing of Rubber Soul on an 8-track played ONLY in your mommy's car, then I can't do anything for you. Go moan somewhere else.

21. mr123paul

mr123paul Member

thanks for this thread - it gave me a great laugh reading through it.

as for the beatles remasters...well, i'm not that bothered as i have most of the beatles that i want on vinyl anyway, but may pick one up out of curiosity. i'll leave all the in-depth analysis of their pros & cons to others here. i hope that they are of good enough quality to allow those who love the beatles to enjoy them.

there are a few beatles fans here, aren't there? ;-)

22. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I never engage in discussions of waveforms.

I rarely register opinions on anything Beatle-related.

Having said that, if the remasters suck, I'm punching Yoko in the nose. ;)

*This post in no way codones violence against women, and should not be construed as such. In fact, I like Yoko. I like everyone, really. But sometimes when I read threads like this, I want to punch myself in the face.

23. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

Thank God for Twitter!

24. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Wasn't the redbook layer of that brickwalled and REALLY loud?

I thought Audiophiles weren't always so crazy about all MFSL masterings; word is the DCCs are really where it's at.

25. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

Thanx,Pawnmower..I've been trying to explain that the whole time! I'm so glad a fellow Forum member is getting as tired as I am about these Posters moaning about CD's that have not even come out yet! GOOD JOB,MAN!! KUDOS TO YOU!!:righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.