What are you gonna do when the Beatles Remasters suck?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drexler_McStyles, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm waiting for the first post-9/9/09 thread called "how soon until the next Beatle remasters?"

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

O.K., 50 threads.

3. cakeordeath

cakeordeath Forum Resident

:laughup: :blah: :biglaugh:

4. Leee242

Leee242 Forum Resident

You got that right.

And if they happen to be not what I like, then I'll just pull the Doctor and purple bird stuff out of storage and go about my biz......yeah, yeah, yeah.

5. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

Ah..but what if they DON'T..THEN WHAT'LL WE DO ?? Something to think about!:righton:

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

No, that's not gonna happen. The 1987/88 CDs have been on the shelves in mass quantities for more than two decades. Even if SOME think they're superior, there are way too many of them to ever be particularly valuable...

7. Oatsdad

Why kid yourself that you had any intention here other than acting like a troll? That was clearly your goal: to provoke and irritate. Good going! :rolleyes:

8. nothing

9. J. R.

J. R. Cat Herder

Glass half-full? You don't even have a glass!

10. KeithH

I have purposely avoided wading through the neck-level of Beatles remaster threads to know the level of detail around the project because I cannot imagine obsessing over the project months in advance of the release. When the remasters finally come, assuming they do, and if they happen to be well regarded here, then I will consider buying something.

Getting back to the Drexler's original post, does anyone here really, honestly expect to be gushing as though it were a Hoffman remaster?

11. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

Let me tell you something here,You're not giving these even the slightest glimmer here..I say,Just let them do the talking,OK? Just give them a chance..you're not even doing that! They're not even out yet,AND YOU'RE PUTTING THEM DOWN? Just hold off until they come out,already! SHEESH!:shake:

12. Jack

Jack Senior Member

13. Oatsdad

Given the reaction to "Heartbeat City", even SH masters aren't immune!

14. KeithH

We get our share of trolls, no doubt, but not everyone who goes against the grain here is a troll. While he did take a controversial point of view, I did not see him targeting anyone. Did he know going in that he would incite a riot? Probably, but no one has to get worked up and take the bait. It is possible to have a civil discussion. People who do not share his point of view can express themselves without vitriol.

By labeling every contrarian as a troll and debasing them as nothing more than pot stirrers who could not possibly have a legitmate point to make, we go down a dangerous road of eliminating the challenging opinion and thought-provoking discussion. You might as well then call this the Kool-Aid Forum, where only popular opinion is welcome. Perish the thought.

15. Oatsdad

"Drexler" didn't intend on any real discussion, though. He just wanted to act like a jerk. There was no desire for a "civil discussion" on his part - he simply intended to push buttons...

16. Phlo

Phlo Formerly dave-o

The thread title uses the word "when" rather than "if". That doesn't sound like an effective use of thought-provocation. It's designed to agitate. I bought in, unfortunately.

17. TMan

TMan Forum Resident

Even as someone who is not drooling with anticipation over these, I must say that the OP is a troll. Many modern masters suck, so therefore these will? SOME newer releases aren't bad, like Chinese Democracy or the new Paranoid DE. I wouldn't be shocked if they weren't perfect, but I think it's at least plausible that after supposedly spending 4 years on these that they would be aware of the negative reaction they would get from audiophiles (most of whom are the age group who will be picking these up) if they were squashed or no-noised. Based on the original press release they are at least aware of the issues. "Light peak limiting" for the stereos does not necessarily mean brickwalled. FWIW (not much), my money's on them sounding very good, with only the pickiest of audiophiles (most of which are on here :) ) complaining about a few of the peaks being chopped off, that hopefully won't be audibly noticeable. (Again, I wouldn't be totally shocked if they are worse than that, but I wouldn't bet on it.)

However they sound, life will go on as normal regardless - can't see much use in endless speculation before they actually get here, but that's another issue.

18. Why, did Sarko sign legislation mandating that any Beatles remasters to be sold or played in French territory must preserve full dynamic resolution?

19. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Hmm, that's pretty much how a lot of people would describe this forum though. Contrary opinions are labeled 'trolling' or (the ever popular) 'threadcrapping' and a trusty gort usually comes along to delete said comment so that everybody's happy.

This is the only rock forum I know of where this practice occurs, and is even encouraged.

20. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Having a contrary view is not a bad thing, but let it be based on something a little more substantial than merely speculating about something that no one can really know anything about until September.

21. George: Hey John, isn't Eternal Bliss wonderful?

John: I don't know, George. I think I prefer tuning in to planet Earth, and finding out how people feel about feel about the upcoming Beatles remasters. Talk about watching the wheels spinning!

22. Ursun

Ursun New Member

I think the author just wanted to express his hopes for an earlier release and superb mastering :laugh:

23. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

Just curious... doesnt anyone read the press release??

Steve

24. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

Maybe someone should post it... :laugh: :hide:

Of course getting someone to actually read it is another matter...

...it's easier to just start negative, inflamatory post and hide behind the guise of being a minority opinion. This thread wasn't intended to have any real discussion - even the thread title is rhetorical.

25. flashgordon

flashgordon New Member

Isn't it what lot of members doing here on 50 threads dedicated to the future "Beatles" remasters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.