What are you gonna do when the Beatles Remasters suck?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drexler_McStyles, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Let It Be
    Sgt. Pepper
    MMT

Those 1987 cd's do not sound awful to me. The rest of the lot is another story.

2. I've heard them all and I have to say that next to really good vinyl editions, these are now the definitive versions of these albums based on sound quality and packaging. Hands down no argument. Now if you listen through an iPod or your computer and are satisfied with the OK 87 versions with pretty crappy packaging, then enjoy those. I understand.

I have so many remastered versions and versions from Costello to Bowie to the Hendrix, the Doors, Dylan, Stones Kinks, Byrds and so on and I would say that this is probably one of the best reissues of an entire catalogue ever.

Put on any album and enjoy. Yes you can nit pick and find some vocal or guitar bit that might sound different but I think 95% of you will do just that, enjoy the music. How crisp, clear and fresh it sounds.. You'll enjoy having wonderful packages too. Get off the economic factor. Yes many of us have paid over and over but it still costs to do what they have done here in terms of the remastering itself, designing, packing, printing and marketing.

I am very happy and feel it was worth the very long wait

3. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Hundreds?

I don't think so.

4. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

I'm hoping to see my MONO box today. Really only looking for an upgrade on the 1st four Beatles albums. I'm not expecting any miracles, but the 1st four of the 1987 discs should be very easy to improve on. If the others sound just a little better, I'll be more than satisfied.

5. DragonQ

DragonQ Forum Resident

Well I dunno how many posts but if we're counting people, it's closer to ~5, lol.

6. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Don't waste your time opening a thread. There is already a whole website dedicated to it. http://www.areddy.net/beatles_suck/

7. Drexler_McStyles

Drexler_McStyles Active Member Thread Starter

has anyone posted wavforms for any of the new beatles cd tracks on any of the other numerous Beatles threads yet?

8. mkboy1313

mkboy1313 Member

Details, details....

9. Yes.

10. ATR

ATR Senior Member

Sez it all, don't it? Look, from the very first announcement I was skeptical as to what could be expected and accomplished by remastering this catalog. My hope was for an engineer of the caliber of Steve Hoffman, preferably Hoffman himself, to go back to the master tapes and give them the Analog Productions treatment. Hybrid SACD's with both the stereo and mono mixes for each album. Definitely not what we're getting.

But I was also intrigued by the idea of The Mono Box from the start. These were mixes that I had either never heard, or heard only long ago. Kind of like jazz, where you hear different interpretations of the same compositions, only this time not the performance necessarily (I don't know the details, but are some of the mono mixes different takes as well?) but the engineering. There was simply no way, mastering aside, that I was not going to hear these versions.

So today I took the final step and I think I was able to reserve a mono box for a 'reasonable' price. My email has confirmed it, but I won't know for sure until I have it in hand. And I also ordered a second 'Mono Box', Louis Armstrong on Mosaic. Those ought to last me until Christmas.

11. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.