VPI Introduces new "CLASSIC" turntable

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TommyTunes, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j3brow

j3brow Forum Resident

I read Harry's review of the 'Classic' last night myself. It is a very positive review. Sounds like HP was very impressed given the cost. In fact, he feels it is the best (i.e. least) sounding TT VPI makes. He was apparently using a 6K cartridge too (IIRC).

The Classic is apparently Harry Weisfeld's favorite TT in the line-up as well.

I have a Signature Scoutmaster with periphery clamp/center weight, and after reading the review, I have to admit Im wanting to hear this table in my system....

I am especially intrigued by the superior noise rejection, my SM/9/Clearaudio Maestero has been hounded by low freq rumble since day 1, although my McIntosh preamp nearly completely removes the woofer flutter on 99% of what I play.

Also, I love the retro look of this table. A real thing of beauty to me (at least in the pics). Tullman, yours looks outstanding!!

Jason

2. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

That's the selling point for me, just the aesthetics alone. Hopefully I'll find one for a lower price in the future. For now, my Marantz 6100 is keeping me pleased!

3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

For now, your avatar is keeping me pleased. TMI? :D

4. macster

macster Forum Resident

Talk to Bruce at Stereo Unlimited. If he has one, he'll may able to work something out with you. At the least you may be able to see one, and take a listen also. That's probably what I'm going to do. But I'll want an in home demo before I let go my Linn.

M~

5. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

:) Oh yes!

6. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

Hmmm...will do! Hopefully he'll have one. I'll try to drop in this weekend...it's been a while...Good luck on finding your TT as well!

7. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I checked with Music Direct and my Classic did come with the steel tonearm. I understand that the steel tube is stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.