Unremastered Cream CD's Any Good!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Iamthewalrus, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Two versions of that DCC, USA version has bonus tracks.

2. 32XD Japan1

32XD Japan1 Forum Resident

Correction: Wheels Of Fire - DCC Gold

3. 32XD Japan1

What are the bonus tracks? I think I may have the one with the bonus tracks but I burned a CDR of Wheels on one disc and they didn't fit if I remember correctly. Are they "Anyone For Tennis" and "Wrapping Paper"? I think I tacked those on to my rip of Goodbye.

4. old school

old school Senior Member

The DCC American version has 3 alternate mixes not bonus tracks! "Sitting On Top Of The World", "As You Said" and "Pressed Rat And Warthog."

5. 32XD Japan1

The version I have doesn't have those. I think Wrapping Paper is on the DCC of Fresh Cream, maybe Anyone For Tennis is too.

6. old school

old school Senior Member

Do you have the DCC Wheels of Fire American release? That copy has 3 alternate mixes at the end of disc one studio. They are not listed. ( hidden tracks )

7. 32XD Japan1

No, not to my recollection. I ripped all the tracks to one CD, even though it's a two disc set, and it was 81:45 minutes. I did trim down some of the blank space at the end of the songs. EAC burned it fine. So therefore it could not have had those bonus tracks, they wouldn't have fit on one disc. It was like a year ago so it's a little fuzzy. I think I left off the bonus tracks on the DCC of Fresh Cream (Coffee Song and Wrapping Paper) because I thought they were lame and wanted the original running order. And I think Anyone For Tennis may have been on Wheels Of Fire as a bonus track but I had to leave it off to get it all to fit on one CD. You are straining my memory banks bro. Just so you know I do in fact have all of the Cream CD's I listed. I am unaware of there being a DCC version of Wheels Of Fire with the bonus tracks you listed. I'm not trying to pull a "snowjob" on anyone here. I made a honest mistake with thinking I had the MFSL of Wheels Of Fire. I own this stuff, I listen to it, and I prefer it. :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  8. old school

old school Senior Member

The DCC gold disc of Fresh Cream has 3 bonus tracks Spoonful, Wrapping Paper and The Coffee Song. The DCC of Wheels of Fire US version has 3 alternate mix tracks as I stated above. What version of Wheels of Fire do you have?

9. 32XD Japan1

The Wheels Of Fire original 2 disc set that I ripped before I sold it off on Ebay to the best of my recollection did NOT have the bonus tracks, only Anyone For Tennis. Is my testimony over now? Or am I to be cross examined again? Yeesh

10. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

I have the Japan version without the bonus tracks - great CD set.

Al Kuenster and 32XD Japan1 like this.
  11. old school

old school Senior Member

Hey I was just trying too help you. What is this man?

Tuco likes this.
  12. 32XD Japan1

If that was you're intention I apologize. After a rather lengthy explanation I typed, I perceived it as I was being "grilled" by you for information I honestly don't remember, as I stated it was over a year ago that I ripped this CD. So no longer having the original copy, there is no way for me to ascertain which version I had. That's all I can say about it, other than the fact it sounds very nice to these ears.

13. old school

old school Senior Member

You know I have no idea what you're talking about " grilled" I was trying too help you with what version you have that's all! How did I know you sold the copy which is another story for another day! Then you get pissed off this whole scenario is just bizarre for sure.

14. screechmartin

screechmartin Senior Member

Perhaps this is another thread, but does anyone know if any of live tracks on Wheels of Fire or the later ones released were overdubbed or edited?

15. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

'What a Bringdown'

kevin5brown and 32XD Japan1 like this.
  16. 32XD Japan1

Sorry man, what more can I say. It's like 2 o'clock in the morning when I was writing all that stuff!
    And I really don't wanna get into how I secured my copy and why I decided to sell it. It's all rather boring. The important thing here is I misinterpreted you, I apologized, and that's really the end of it for me. What more can a guy say when he makes a mistake?

17. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

You could start with 'Sleepy Time Time'

old school likes this.
  18. 32XD Japan1

haha nice one.

19. Tuco

Tuco Senior Member

No. All live.

20. old school

old school Senior Member

32XD Japan1 you said you sold you're DCC gold disc set?

21. 32XD Japan1

Yes was low on cash and got it dirt cheap. I just sent you a private message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.