Top Ten Awesomely bad movies from the 80's

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Curtis, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

I have to disagree with him about it being the worst movie ever. it is just th second worse movie I have worked on. Slavegirls from beyond Infinity takes top honors. Howling II is a strong third.

2. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Unless he means "King Kong Lives" (1986) with Linda Hamilton. I never saw it but I heard it was pretty bad.

I remember seeing the '76 version at the theater when I was 6 years old. I loved it then! I revisited it a few years ago and while it's certainly dated in some respects, I don't think it's as bad as some have made it out to be.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...correct.

4. slinkyfarm

slinkyfarm Forum Resident

Come on, you guys, how did this thread go this far without mention of Night of the Creeps?

"The good news is, your dates are here. The bad news is, they're dead."

5. RDK

RDK Active Member

Troma should get a pass: they're meant to be cheap, laughably bad movies.

6. Michael

forever living on the back of the Toxic Avenger which actually was a really neato movie! the sequels sucked.:D

7. RDK

RDK Active Member

The best thing that Troma ever released was Matt Stone & Trey Parker's Cannibal: the Musical. Hilarious stuff! The first Toxie is pretty funny/cool too.

8. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Yeah, it was a pretty big event for me too, when I was 5. They were even selling marquee-size movie posters in the lobby on opening night. My dad bought me one and it hung in my bedroom for quite a few years.

9. Radiotron

Radiotron Tube Designer

I haven't read the whole thread but I'd say most films starring Steve Guttenberg. Has he made a good film?

10. vinyl anachronist

vinyl anachronist Senior Member

Yeah...Diner!

11. Michael

Toxie rules! The DVD is great as well...

12. Michael

and The 2 Cocoon movies were fun.:agree:
    ...he was also good in the day After TV Movie.

13. Radiotron

Radiotron Tube Designer

Unfortunately he followed that one with the Police Academy series. :thumbsdn:

14. Michael

ah, come on now! those Police Academy's are classics! great stuff indeed...

15. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Absolutely. Its the ones with real actors, writers and budgets that are TRYING to make a real movie and fail miserably that deserve this honor.

I stand by my choice of "Steel Magnolias," but several other posters reminded me of what is maybe the gold standard for this type of movie: "Red Dawn"

16. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

Thank Goodness no one's bashed "The Allnighter"...Susanna Hoffs is beautiful in that...too bad the script bites!:winkgrin: Michael Boyce

17. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Can't remember any as I wanted to forget them the instant I saw them.

18. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

That's a big 10-4 good buddy! Troma and Ed Wood's results are understandable.

19. Scott Wheeler

Police Academy I and II

20. Scott Wheeler

he said good film. That was a great one

21. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Steve Guttenberg is in The Boys From Brazil and Short Circuit that I enjoyed. All actors are in a few barkers.

22. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Was "Steel Magnolias" the movie where they tried to convince us that Daryl Hannah was a dorky wallflower by giving her big glasses and making her stumble around a lot?

It reminded me of another movie which I had thought was from the 90's but, its from 1986: Clan of the Cave Bear.

Here's the Empire plot summary:

"Thirty-five thousand years ago, in what appears to be a Canadian national park, a young Cro-Magnon girl, Ayla (later to grow up into Daryl Hannah), is adopted by Neanderthals and proves herself superior in every way."

Several reviewers have commented that the movie's best performance is given by veteran screen animal Bart the Bear, who mauls several cavemen and removes one of their heads. He's awesome.

23. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

That could make a good Geico caveman commercial.

The audiences were probably all too ready to identify with Bart's character as well. :laugh:

24. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I've always gotten Clan of the Cave Bear, Quest For Fire and Tarzan the Apeman confused. And the one with Ringo Starr, I can't remember its title. Didn't they all feature naked hot cave babes?

25. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

That would be the Box Office Bomb "Caveman"..his future wife Barbara Bach played a part in it,too. Michael Boyce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.