Top Ten Awesomely bad movies from the 80's

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Curtis, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjBryan

DjBryan New Member

zug zug

2. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I remember a horror flick called Humongous (sp?) which had a really sick gratuitous rape scene in the first 5 minutes, and when one of the characters was dispatched, you could see the 'face' was a doll head. I don't think I ever finished it.

3. lil.fred

lil.fred Señor Sock

Has anyone mentioned The Apple ?

4. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

AUGHHH!!!! :(
    No way! This movie so accurately captured the tone of the book (even the author gave it a thumbs up). I guess if you never read the book you wouldn't 'get' it.

Even my wife the prude (I thought she'd be offended by the incest) wept and wept buckets when it was over. She liked it better than Steel Magnolias. I was so glad that Hollywood made a challenging and 'difficult' book like this into a movie.

5. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

That reminds me of I Spit On Your Grave, where the graphic rape seen was made ok because the victim then got to gorily kill all her assailants. My favorite was when she started the boat motor in the guy's crotch. I think she was more gentle in dispatching the retard, as he wasn't as culpable, what with him being a retard, and all. :rolleyes:

6. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

I liked it, but I like all things John Irving! It certainly beats the pants off the film adaption (Simon Birch) of "A Prayer for Owen Meany."

7. Jim in Houston

Jim in Houston The Godfather of Alt-Country & Punk

I love Mars Attacks, but the I know nothing of the trading cards.

8. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

9. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

wow. I don't remember it being so hated and raped at the time of its release. Oh well, it certainly fit my vision of the book very well.

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the tub scene! Ouch!!! Yikes...

11. Michael

the Mars Attacks! movie was based on the cards from 1962...

here's a link about the history of the original Mars Attacks! cards...

http://www.marsattacksfan.com/homepage.htm

12. Michael

this movie really freaked me out when I saw it! Clowns....AHHHHHHHHHH...

13. 51nocaster

51nocaster Senior Member

Don't forget "Popeye."

14. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

I've always tought ''Popeye'' was one of the better Robert Altman films with one of the best Robin Williams performances.Williams and Shelley Duvall were perfect in their roles.An unfairly maligned film in my opinion.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  15. Michael

if ever a human looked like Popeye it was Robin Williams. He had it down pat! but, it seemed everyone likes Popeye where he belongs as a cartoon! although, I liked it...and the rest of casting was perfect!

16. Drew

Drew Senior Member

You guys are talking about "Mars Attacks" starring Jack Nicholson and Directed by Tim Burton? That movie came out in 1996.

17. doubleaapn

doubleaapn Forum Resident

I'll nominate the repellent "Street Trash". Indescribably tasteless.

Aaron

18. Terrible, terrible movie - badly filmed, badly acted, no plotting to speak of, and boring as hell. A real Alan Smithee production, but those involved seem quite pleased with what they achieved, oddly enough. Came out in '78, I think.

19. jacksondownunda

jacksondownunda Forum Resident

Unintentional?;
    Someone recently gave my kid a VHS of the updated 80's King Kong and the Twin Towers. Done with a giant head and a guy in a monkey suit.

20. jostber

jostber Forum Resident

21. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I remember seeing a movie called Attack of the Killer Refrigerator some twenty years ago. You could clearly see members of the film crew pushing the refrigerator around when it went after its teenage victims. I think it was shot in western Massachusetts.

22. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

It's from the 70's. I was an extra in the World Trade Center crowd scenes.

23. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

You must mean the King Kong that came out in 1976. It was a huge blockbuster release at the time. It was gonna be the movie of the summer of '76, much like Jaws was the movie of the summer of '75. Oh well. At least Jessica Lange looked absolutely beautiful in the movie. She really was like a current Grace Kelly at that brief point in time.

24. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

I did actually work on one of these. The Garbage Pail Kids Movie. Our crew went to see it on opening night in Hollywood. We were most of the audience. We through popcorn at the screen the movie was sooooooooo bad.

25. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Here's a pretty funny review of the movie

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0765/

I might have to pick it up on DVD sometime...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.