Tom Petty - Damn The Torpedoes [Deluxe] - Vinyl/Blu-ray/2CD 11/09*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerryb, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

How does the deluxe vinyl issue sound compared to a Backstreet copy?

2. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I bought the Tom Petty & Heartbreakers BR at Best Buy when it first came out and i forgot all about the free 24/96 download. Does anybody know where I can download this? I can't believe I did that, lol!

3. 51nocaster

51nocaster Senior Member

4. theanswer337

theanswer337 Forum Resident

You can't. It expired.

5. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

6. Peter K

Peter K Forum Resident

I bought the album just before christmas from Because Sound Matters. It arrived with a seam split and when I went to download I found it had expired. I contacted them about it but they said they could do nothing about the download. What a bummer. I asked for a replacement sleeve but they said they had none left. BSM gave me a 20 per cent discount but still am pretty pissed off. I won't be dealing with them again. I see no reason why they should be able to send out an album without warning that the download is expired.

Funny how Audio Fidelity have been able to send all their albums to date to me without seam splits. I have to say I am especially impressed with their albums to date. I would put them up there with all the good labels.

7. easyge

easyge Senior Member

Concerning the seam split that is just one of the risks buying online. Unless you buy from Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, Music Direct or Soundstage Direct where you can request them to ship the vinyl outside the sleeve this can and will happen.

My copy also has a small seam split. S**t happens. I have learned to deal with it. Maybe you can find a copy reasonably on Ebay? If so have the seller ship the vinyl seperately.

Either way enjoy this. It sounds great.

8. un4gvn94538

un4gvn94538 Forum Resident

I bought the limited red version from petty's fan club. Although the split at the top of the outer sleeve (less then an inch) was disheartening, I got over it. Its about the music after all.

9. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

A little late to the party here, but I'm going through a MAJOR Petty phase, and I can't stop playing "Nowhere", the first bonus track on this deluxe edition. What a tune, and what a take! Love the snippet from Jimmy Iovine after the band finishes and he is just blown away by how good the version was they just recorded. Hard to believe this was left on the cutting room floor all these years.

Peter Pyle likes this.
  10. David P. Hill

PM, the answer337

11. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

I just got a copy of this myself. It'd be a nice bonus to have a high quality download too. Although I don't see an expiration date on the included insert that has the code, I can understand if it was a limited time offer. Has it moved from the URL that was given (tompetty.com/torpedoesdownload)?

12. I just downloaded the FLACs on July 30 without a problem. Kind of weird that the promotion suddenly ended. Keep trying...I just tried it and the site timed out saying "no data received"...maybe it is temporarily down. Make sure that you don't use the www. in front of www.tompetty.com/torpedoesdownload.

13. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Thanks for the reply Rick. That's interesting that you did it less than a month ago because the earlier posts that are over a year old already claimed that it expired. I guess it came back for a limited time.

I tried different versions of the URL and they all came back with a notice from Push Entertainment saying "We're sorry but this promotion has now expired".

14. I would keep trying. Maybe it will pop up again.

JAuz likes this.
  15. GRC

GRC Senior Member

Same problem. I bought the Blu ray three weeks ago and have been unable to get the downloads. Just tried again - PUSH entertainment expired. PUSH entertainment received my email complaint but never came back and has not been helpful. Looks like the offer expired - maybe go to a another tom petty website? wanted the flac downloads......oh well..

16. David P. Hill

I also have been trying to download this myself when it was first released. I messed around and forgot to download it. That's weird Rick K. downloaded it July 30th and now its expired again. I just clicked on the "tompetty.com/torpedoesdownload" and the Push Entertainment expiration came up, ugh! GRC, any word from your email sent to PUSH?

17. GRC

GRC Senior Member

Nothing yet - the weekend maybe. Forget about PUSH entertainment - they seem helpless.
    I sent an email in June to [email protected] and someone named Katie replied who seemed like she could assist. She asked for my download code, I sent it to her on June 24th and I never heard back from her. I sent her another message yesterday. If you could do the same thing perhaps that will help. Send an email to [email protected] and ask what's up - another person could up the pressure a bit.........it is strange that Rick K. was able to download the FLACs July 30th.

18. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Thanks GRC. I'll email them with my code as well.

19. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Any update on this GRC? I emailed that address and got an response back from Katie too. Unfortunately she wasn't much help. I think she also confused by purchase with the DtT Classic Albums documentary on Blu-ray. I'll try to reply to her that this refers to a blu-ray audio disc, not the video disc (I admit this is not helping in the confusion).

I was hoping you might have heard something else.

Here's her response:
    ---
    Sorry for any frustrations.

If you go to tompetty.com/torpedoesdownload it redirects tohttp://www.pushentertainment.com/expired.cfm?promotion=544&language=en&endDate which states the promotion is expired.

The Blu Ray for this album was put out by Eagle Rock so you would need to contact them.

http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Petty-Heartbreakers-Torpedoes-Blu-ray/dp/B003RIBQE6

Here is Eagle Rocks contact info:

http://www.eagle-rock.com/contact/#.U-P6pM4lpeA

Hope that helps.

Thank You,

Katie
    Tom Petty - [email protected]

20. GRC

GRC Senior Member

JAuz - I just got the same message 10 minutes ago. Oh brother - this doesn't look good.

21. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Yup, here's one more response from here after I explained that I was talking about the audio Blu-ray disc:
    ---
    Thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately, we just didn't handle any part of that promotion. I'm so sorry that I'm unable to be of help.
    ---
    Oh well. At least she was prompt!

22. David P. Hill

GRC I will send an email too! At least we have a start.
    Rick K. , when you first downloaded the file, what came up after you got on the PUSH site, did a code box appear so you could put your code in? And so you put in the code, and then it started downloading?

23. The first time I tried it, it said that the offer had expired. I retried a few times and then it came up to enter the code and I then downloaded it. Maybe I just got lucky.

24. GRC

GRC Senior Member

I can't get to the webpage to enter the code......."we're sorry the promotion has expired"

25. randy9700

randy9700 Indian MC Rider!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.