To Steve H, or anyone else! Favourite Allman Bro's versions.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by snowman, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowman

snowman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Very informative post...thanks for all the replies.
    Jeffrey I think that 'Grateful Dead' disc is excellent. The production is very good for a 'boot', and it's nice to hear different versions of those available on 'Peach' and 'Live at Fillmore'.
    I heard there was a problem with 'Stormy Monday' on the 'American University' disc....guy had to turn the tape over or something during the Solo!?

Claus, what is it you don't like about the Mofi version of 'Eat a Peach'?

Snowman.

2. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Yeah, thats where it came from really good show, Email me.

3. hoboken lad

hoboken lad New Member

I though I read somewhere, but I could be wrong, that MoFi took the Quad mixes of "Live At..." and remixed them to two-track stereo for their CD. Again I stress, I could be wrong.

My only problem with the "Fillmore Concerts" package is that it deletes the single greatest audience response in rock and roll: when Duane Allman (rest his slide guitar soul) addresses the crowd, an audience member screams out "Whippin' Post!!" to which Duane replies "That's right...you got it" (I think) and into Berry Oakley's bass intro. Classic!!!! I agree with Steve and others, the Dennis Drake mastering of the original version is the best.

The Grateful Dead Merchandising Allman Bros. disc is also outstanding. It states in the liner notes that the recording was a fluke. The GD sound guy just wanted to test out the equipment for the GD recording he was going to do (FYI, a GREAT Dead show). Another example of a brilliant rock and roll accident.

4. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

Can someone supply me with the catalog numbers of the Dennis Drake Allman Brothers remastered CDs.

Thanks,

Ed Hurdle
    HeavyDistortion

5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi,

There are more of these "fluke"s in the Grateful Dead's vault.

-Jeffrey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.