The Walking Dead on AMC (part 2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

He also reloads the gun right before Rick saves his hide.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

how many shots between reloads?

3. Hagstrom

Not many from what I can tell. It's on again-they are playing it back to back.

4. Michael

IIRC, the most is 8...7+1...
    although there may be others that hold more.

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I've made off-handed comments to directors before: "gee, how many bullets are in that gun?" Usually, they'll shrug and say, "if the audience is counting the bullets, then our movie has a much bigger problem than just accuracy with guns." So they're more concerned with the overall story and characters than the little details.

Then again, I know of some directors and producers who are absolutely crazy about the most subtle minutia going on in the background. Famously, Stanley Kubrick had the cast members of Barry Lyndon wear 1844 underwear, even though nobody would ever see it. So it depends on the time, money, and craziness (or perhaps, creativity) of the director and project. I worked on another made-for-TV movie 10 years ago where they went to the trouble to get period ammunition in a box, precisely accurate to the film. How they found packaged 1888 bullets, I'll never know.

Speaking of ammo, the Walking Dead characters need to get a lot more of it for their ongoing survival. They need to drop by some gun store or something and strip it clean. Police stations, too.

6. Gregory Earl

Gregory Earl Senior Member

They do have deep pockets it seems.:D

Well, they are getting ready to discover a prison so I'm guessing there's a ton of ammo there.

7. Hagstrom

Seems like he reloads at least twice during his stand off and pops off about 4-5 rounds before running out. The first time I watched the episode I was too wrapped up in the drama to notice. After viewing it, it did seem like he never reloaded. It seems like nobody on any forum noticed it. This scene has been getting killed all over the place regarding this. But he clearly reloads.

The image that now stands out in my mind from the finale is when the two women run out of the house, you see Hershel in the background taking ammo out and reloading as the herd is coming down on him.

GREAT scene.

8. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Best line of the season. It's a reflection of how little the writers have actually engaged our interest in the characters that my wife and I can't remember anyone's name during the show (except Rick and Shane). The former Skinnymom is now Olive Oyl, though - that will stick. Andrea is still Blondie, Carl is still Kid, ex-Dale was Old Guy, Sophiamom is still Sophiamom, you can guess T-Dog.

9. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

??

It's not hard to remember anyone's name at all. If you aren't paying attention, I don't think the writers are to blame.

10. ringosshed

ringosshed Forum Resident

The nit picking here is ridiculous.

11. Michael

we called him the whiner...Blondie was Diane...:D

12. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Nah, nobody's asked yet where the flies are :)

13. Michael

...how appropriate and convenient...:righton:

14. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I plan to rewatch it at some point. Maybe just for this.
    It's going to be a long summer so I saved it on the DVR just in case.

15. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

Another thing I thought about last night, if the kid who was leading Shane to the other group had a broken neck how could he have walked as a zombie? Wouldn't he have been a quadriplegic zombie?

Chad

16. Gregory Earl

Gregory Earl Senior Member

No. I don't think so.

Their hearts don't beat. They have no blood flow. Nothing fits logic in a zombie.

17. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Did you see how fast they were going after Andrea??? They were flying for being dead...

18. Michael

and no digestive system...where does the meat go?

19. Michael

must have been the athletic Zombie...

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

stop nitpicking!! ;)

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

One could ask about blood with vampires, too. I think beyond a certain point you have to accept it as magic. I believe in Anne Rice's lengthy Vampire Chronicles novels, there was a line that said that the supernatural energy that powers them also consumes the blood. But creating "logic" for this stuff is specious, except for at least staying consistent in each episode.

22. Michael

my post was tongue in cheeky.:D

23. Michael

...chick a boom, boom, boom, don't ya just love it!:laugh::thumbsup:

24. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

But their brain stems work and they have some gross motor skills so if his neck was broken, how where the impulses getting to his legs?

Chad

25. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

You're right it make no sense, and would not be possible.

Or

Made up stupid scientific explanation that no would buy and just argue about.

Or

Zombie Magic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.