The Walking Dead on AMC (part 2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

There are some with big round magazines hanging off the bottom that will hold around 20 shells. Saw one at the range a couple weeks. I don't know exactly how many it carried for certain but they look completely different than what Hershel was using. They have a big tommy gun style round cylinder hanging off the bottom.

These shells are about 3/4 diameter by 3" long each (generally). 20 of them will take up some space. They won't fit in a shirt pocket and would weigh almost 3 pounds (for 20).

The shotgun Hershel was using would maybe hold 5 shells with the plug removed.

Don't get me wrong, I can suspend belief. It's a TV show. It's in the script. I get it.
    It's just one more example of how this is a fantasy with no regard for physics or common sense.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

or 7+1 at most without Mods...

3. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

I understand that he didn't reload, but it was the best scene of the season and maybe the series so far. A man holding his ground against invaders, not giving up, blowing away zombie after zombie.

None of this where is Carl, no one talking about emotions or what is right and wrong...just good old, "This is my house and I'm going to defend it!" All action no talk in that scene. Tons of zombies. Lots of shooting. Great makeup. Bring more of this please.

4. Michael

...come on now...this show is NOT about ZOMBIES! ;)

5. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

Walking Dead is a fantasy show but they still should follow the rules of their make believe world. Before this episode we haven't see any evidence of super shot guns or incredible feats of shooting.

Couldn't they have cut away from Herschel every 5-8 rounds to the others driving around in their cars shooting moving targets from moving vehicles?

Chad

6. Hagstrom

In the middle of a shoot out, I don't want to see reloading. I was already screaming "LOOK OUT HERSHEL!"

7. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

I can see Hershel with a couple of Rambo style ammunition belts across his chest. :D

I've just got to check this episode again if they rerun it someday.

8. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

See above in bold.

9. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

LOL! :righton:

10. Hagstrom

There was a certain visceral energy to the finale that I found enjoyable. So did all of my friends. Did we look past the shotgun issue and perfect marksmanship from those driving around? Yep, sure did. I found myself totally wrapped up in this man defending his home from the herd, cut off from the rest of the group. He was all alone to fend for himself. He didn't even have one of his daughters by his side. Just his shotgun and nerves of steel. I expected him to pull a Davy Crockett and smash some skulls.

I need an hour a week to have some fun and this show delivers.

11. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I'm with you. It wouldn't have been too much to have them show Hershel reload once or twice, maybe with a few zombies getting pretty close while he does this. That would have made it even more tense.

But this didn't ruin my enjoyment of the episode at all. I can overlook it.

12. Michael

OK, but will it be on DVD as well? :laugh:

they usually do a dual release to milk as much as they can....

they need to put a disclaimer on the packaging...
    ...this show is not about Zombies!

13. Michael

:laugh: Indeed!;)

14. Michael

I was sure in that scene he was a goner!

15. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

My thoughts on the final episode of the season:

The prison is an interesting setting for season 3. But I would have liked to have seen the gang on the road for a while again before getting so close to it.

I'm starting to really like the new "endless rounds" Hershel. He's a zombie-shootin', whiskey-drinkin' enigma.

16. Michael

yes, reliving his past and kicking azz! great character...:agree:

17. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Is it definitely a prison? Could it be a fort? I know Fort Benning is in Georgia, but haven't really seen pics of it...

18. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

I don't know- assumed it was a prison at first, but now that you ask I might think it is more likely a fort. I haven't been to many forts or prisons lately. :D

19. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

It's a prison, It's prison in the books, and they didn't keep it a secret during the after show that it is in fact the prison.

20. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

I smell some spoilage. :whistle:

21. Michael

yes, one has to tread lightly on this thread...especially if you have not seen the latest episode...although it really doesn't matter unless you are waiting for the DVD/BR set to watch the second season...I have a friend that will not watch it on TV...waits for the home video edition!

22. Hagstrom

The finale is coming on in 5 minutes on the east coast for those of you that want to catch it again.

23. Michael

...thanks I have DVDR of it.:)

24. Hagstrom

Hershel reloads the gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Hagstrom

In the background of the shot where the two women run out of the house he goes into his pocket and pulls out ammo.

So there folks-he reloads the gun!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.