The Smiths - Complete box set coming from Rhino in October (part2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

I wonder if we will ever get the second box of singles on CD....

2. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

That would be acceptable as well :agree:

Smiths22 likes this.
  3. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Just took delivery of the complete vinyl box from Pop Market. $152 with the code I believe. Great price and the set looks great. I haven't had a chance to play any of it yet. My only complaint would be the use of paper sleeves at this point. They may still have some for anyone who may be interested.

4. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

the big box with cds, singles vinyl albums etc... for $152? or just the box with vinyl?

5. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

The popmarket deal was the LP box

6. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

I don't think so.

7. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Just the vinyl. Still, I think it's out of print and about the cheapest I saw it anywhere else was on EBay for about $250. In my case, the vinyl is all I wanted anyway.

8. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Code?

9. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Popmarket10 usually gets you another 10% off the already low price. I sound like a commercial, I know. No connection with Pop Market here. I do like some of the deals I've found there though and so far I've never been burned.

10. rob303

rob303 Forum Resident

That's a real good price. I paid $156 shipped last summer and thought I was stealing it!

11. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

PopMarket is owned by Sony Music Entertainment, so I don't think there's any danger of getting "burned"

12. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

By burned I mean damaged or subpar product or poor service which others have complained of. So far, so good for me.

krlpuretone likes this.
  13. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

Was this one of their daily deals? I don't see it there anymore... :( I've been looking for a replacement for my set since EVERY LP sleeve, inners and outers, in my set is split at the seams. And I hate looking at them. lol For that price I'd have bought...

14. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Try a Google search under "The Smiths Box Pop Market". It should still pop up.

BeardedSteven likes this.
  15. rallizes

rallizes Forum Resident

Anyone get the Mastered for iTunes?

16. rallizes

rallizes Forum Resident

Anyone?

17. Daycare Nation

Daycare Nation Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one here noticed what appears to be some sort of glitch or mastering error in the song Unloveable. It appears on this song in both the Complete box set and the singles box set. You have to be listening with headphones to really make it out.

18. bhasenstab

bhasenstab Forum Resident

All I know is I was skeptical, and all that made me do is pay a higher price than I might've. If you see a good price on a CD set or that fancy, all-singing, all-dancing vinyl box, just buy the darn thing. I ended up getting a UK CD product from a Marketplace seller in Japan, and despite a hearty mark-up, I am completely happy with my transaction.

To those who bark about the lack of obscurities, welcome to my life in the '80s! As an American -- even one with access to records stores in Boston -- I still missed out on most rarities until Louder Than Bombs. (Yes, I have the Panic 12" and Shakespeare's Sister 7" on Rough Trade, etc.) When it comes to albums, I still have my Smiths vinyl from those days, as well as many Sire CDs from the '90s, but nothing makes me happier than this set. Nothing!

Just buy it if you want it! I'm certain the sound will impress all but the most stuffy listeners, because Johnny Marr can do no wrong. And Frank Arkwright knows what he's doing, as well. Really! It's that good. Highly recommended.

Lost Monkey and Spaceboy like this.
  19. What do you reckon the value of this is now, mine is mint condition the seal is off but I've never played the contents, I'm thinking of selling it

20. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

I wish I bought it when it came out :(

21. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Me too, the CD box was only £25, I just assumed that it would always say in print.

22. elvissinatra

elvissinatra Forum Resident

The CD box is out of print already? I haven't even opened mine yet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.