The most hilarious music video of all time?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by antonkk, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebor

Trebor Forum Resident

Back in 1980 during the early years of song videos, I owned a video recording studio attached to my audio studio service and we made these same type of song videos for bands who hired us. You have to remember that it was early in video and ANY video was considered cool to make and have at the time. I'm sure Hall and Oates loved that one back then! However lame these old videos seem now, they were cool and modern at the time. I had artists that were more interested in making a song video than actually recording the tracks! The would throw a song together in a few hours and then spend days or weeks on some (now) crummy song video. It was a great time. :wave:

Also, being a songwriter as well as a studio owner, some gal recorded one of my songs (maybe in '82) and afterward she made a video to go along with it. (I didn't personally record her album or the video). I remember being so thrilled and impressed with it at the time and it was nothing more than the artist walking in a forest "singing" the song. I can't even watch it now, it's so boring. I enjoyed the song though. :righton:

2. George P

George P Notable Member

Dang! That is funny. The lead singer appears to not be the least embarrassed to shoot this, making it even funnier. :winkgrin:

3. jasn

jasn Forum Resident

There are a lot of these "shred" videos out there, and not everyone gets a charge out of them, but man I really have a hard time trying not to spew my coffee when I watch some of the better ones...

Eric Clapton Shreds with Carlos Santana

Stick with it till the end.

4. Red

Red Forum Resident

Judas Priest: Breaking the law. Hilarious.

5. Oh man, these things can be pee-your-pants funny. This one isn't quite as good as the best St Sanders ones, but it worked for me.

Here's one that shows that you don't have to be a rock guitar hero to get the treatment: Paco De Lucia shreds! This one nearly caused me to choke on my coffee the other day. That bongo player is on fire, man!

This Joe Satriani clip is probably my fave,though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vml7SwxXTI . Definitely stay away from liquids when watching this if you dig this sort of thing!

6. jasn

jasn Forum Resident

Thx DM, those are too much. I agree that StSanders is the master at this. I especially like the little snippets of applause he peppers in. These are definitely a "love 'em or hate 'em" type thing. I love 'em...

7. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

8. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

9. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

10. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

11. jasn

jasn Forum Resident

12. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

Petrucci watched them and he says he about fell out of his chair laughing.

13. bumper

bumper Forum Resident

Does anyone remember an early MTV staple that had two female lead singers singing something along the lines of "Bang Bang! Shot through the heart"? Who were they & why can't I find the video on YouTube?

While searching for it, I did come across this;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppizE0MdoI

14. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Was it "The Warrior" by Patty Smyth?

Evan

15. The Rush Fan

The Rush Fan Well-Known Member

16. bumper

bumper Forum Resident

No, it was two blonde women sharing the vocals (were they sisters maybe), and both had rough, Bonnie Tyler-ish voices.

17. Devotional

Devotional Senior Member

Hahaha! :laugh:

Thank you so much! Amazing! I laughed so hard when Santana brought out the maracas.

Here's a beautiful piece with Yngwie Malmsteen and the Tokyo Philarmonic:

Yngwie Malmsteen Shreds

18. reechie

reechie Senior Member

19. George P

George P Notable Member

Can someone explain why the shred videos are funny?

20. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

21. Spyder

Spyder Official vinyl solicitor and connoisseur.

22. Coldacre

Coldacre Well-Known Member

the late great Tommy Seebach had no shame. that prance about the forest with the girls is the finest thing ever.

I can't remember who said this but it was gold:

this is what you get when you have $1,000 to spend on a video shoot and you spend $950 of it on cocaine.

23. George P

George P Notable Member

:biglaugh:

24. Red

Red Forum Resident

25. Mudbugfish

Mudbugfish Forum Resident

That is brilliant!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.