The Doors : 2024

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by anytimecowboy, Oct 3, 2023.

1. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Forum Resident

Your skepticism is warranted. The Doors haven’t been the most transparent group when it comes to their releases and using AI and not being forthcoming about it is something I would entirely expect them to do. However, Deep Purple was also recorded in Stockholm by Sveriges Radio in 1970 and those master tapes survive and are said to be four-track as well. So it was probably just the set-up they had at the time. Bass is likely locked to either the organ or drum track.

2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Digging into the Hendrix Purple boxset has 2 Sweden 1967 tracks and only gives a tape mastering credit which implies no multitrack.

The 2nd last paragraph of the liner notes mentions the 1970 Deep Purple Sweden radio broadcast tapes that were multitrack and recently mixed. Official release liner notes. FOR THIS RECORD THE EXISTING 8(?) TRACK 1 INCH MASTER HAVE BEEN CAREFULLY REMIXED BY TOM LEADER AT ANGEL STUDIOS.

[​IMG]

Matthew Tate and marklamb like this.
  3. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Forum Resident

4. anytimecowboy

anytimecowboy Groovy Thread Starter

It's a fantastic DP show btw.

Matthew Tate and Anthrax like this.
  5. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

I wouldn’t get the info any more. So I keep quiet.

:edthumbs:

Ewan7, marklamb and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Jeferai

Jeferai Well-Known Member

7. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I've the 1991 Connoisseur 2 cd set. I like the sound of that one...great show...lots of jamming.

8. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

I love that one too, maybe because it was the way I first heard it when I got the double LP. Some years later I bought the Connoisseur CD too.

Later CD editions haven't connected with me as nicely as that one still does.

9. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Alas the strange Doors.com site with no way to register.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. They use to be quite expensive ($800- 2500) but they have issued so much of the top quality photo collections years and years ago when they use to also have a Wash DC outlet. It seems good quality collections are harder and harder to come by.

The Holly one is a strange one, for the Foundation, which possibly gave 80 rock stars a $3-5k guitar, so they would write about Buddy. Hmmm…I hope I am wrong.

11. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Mixed feelings. One one hand this may be toe dipping to get all the albums in Atmos out on physical, as I despise streaming only content.

On the other hand, these are the 3rd surround mixes on some of these songs on physical. LA Woman might be a 4th if the DVD-A 5-6 years before Perception was a unique mix. Quad mix in early 70's on vinyl and then bonus diisc on Singles comp.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. Doop

Doop Walking The Fine Line Between Stupid And Clever

@ArpMoog — Do you mean register to get news alerts, etc.? Scroll all the way to the bottom of The Doors homepage and you'll find where you can sign up for the newsletter. Then you'll get all the emails about the latest T-shirts, socks, and baby onesies that you can stand! :D

Shawn, marklamb and bluedemon25 like this.
  13. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I mean sign up to get a account to buy stuff yea , the RSD stuff in particular.
    I make my own Doors socks ;)

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

hopefully is a RHINO.com campaing, you can get it there

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Doop

Doop Walking The Fine Line Between Stupid And Clever

@ArpMoog Do you mean this? Create Account

That's the link to register on The Doors online store. That link is on the login page, but it's hard to see thanks to the rather dark image of the L.A. Woman album cover being used as the background.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    marklamb, Shawn and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Nogoodnik

Nogoodnik Celebrity Jeopardy and Mini Crossword smart

Shawn and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Thank you!!!!

fretter, Doop and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I picked up a quad lp for Best Of last week.
    Pretty neat to listen in stereo.

marklamb likes this.
  19. anytimecowboy

anytimecowboy Groovy Thread Starter

I'm gonna guess the 7" will include the sunset riders demo

marklamb and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. Kat Records

smokey the bear w/ dirty roadhouse blues

just kidding

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Kat Records

If anybody missed, they "repressed" the London Fog CD, and still is missing the 2nd reel, despite the fact was announced there a long time ago...

[​IMG]

22. kevvyg

kevvyg Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when The Doors stopped playing "Twentieth Century Fox" live? Do we think that they ever played it past 1967? I've always liked it.

fretter likes this.
  23. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Only one that is around is the Matrix, but it wouldn't surprise me if it would be on the London Fog 2nd reel :) ...

In all seriousness ... I have the seem feeling as you but with "My eyes have seen you" ...

24. kevvyg

kevvyg Well-Known Member

Yeah. "My Eyes Have Seen You" is also a great little tune. I was just listening to that song yesterday on mono copy of Strange Days. I love Krieger's fuzz guitar playing on it.

Matthew Tate and TBos like this.