The Doors : 2024

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by anytimecowboy, Oct 3, 2023.

1. MinstrelOnTheRun

MinstrelOnTheRun Forum Resident

Looks like it was played a couple days later in Chicago, but immediately before The Spy. In Cleveland, it preceded LMF (with Petition The Lord and Wake Up! in between).

Really excited about a sonic upgrade for Stockholm - such a rarity-packed release!

2. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

This is a home run release. Love Street live.

:edthumbs:

3. Vanderwolff

Vanderwolff Forum Resident

Not sure this is common knowledge to all but me, but found this Doors release possibility interesting:

"Soul Savages is just part of Krieger’s current spate of musical activity, however. He’s finished another album of his own, this one featuring instrumental reggae tracks and dedicated to the memory of the late bassist Phil Chen. On the Doors front, meanwhile, is a pending live recording of the group’s penultimate concert on Dec. 11, 1970, from a tape made by a fan. No release date has been determined yet, however."

Sounds like an official 12/11/'70 State Fair Music Hall at last?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  4. Pepegafez

Pepegafez Forum Resident

Perhaps he is referring to this tape, although I highly doubt the´ll release it:

or perhaps it refers to the "lost" DAT tape

5. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

that would be really nice, but they did two shows that day, the well known early show and the "recently" available late show with palace in the canyon and some tracks incomplete. so, is there a better or complete source of the late show?

6. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Forum Resident

You would hope there to be, especially if there is a better quality show in New Orleans available. Unless they’re going the demix route, seems like NO has more value all around—assumed better sound quality and the intrigue of the last show, plus pretty much the same songs as Dallas, and from most accounts, it wasn’t a trainwreck like the myth that had been built up through the years. Dallas right now is Boot Yer Butt quality and I can’t see them doing much with what’s been heard outside of demix (which I don’t see The Doors’ camp spending for), or maybe they have something nobody knows about, who knows, but at least Stockholm on the way, first Doors release in a while I’m actually really looking forward to.

RAZORMADE, Shawn, Kat Records and 6 others like this.
  7. Kat Records

If Matrix, Bakers and Stockholm findint the way that's because the Primary Wave's Magic, they are doing a terrific job so far.
    with Dallas they can upgrade to sound as Bakers? i don't see Botnick using IA, but is Peter Jackson did to isolate channels on John Lennon, maybe some day they want to use it to upgrade audience recordings.

Robby loves to talk, and he talked about Paris Blues and some other releases in advance, so, i hope that he is correct, again

8. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Just an example of the myth around NO and the numerous false stories doing the rounds ...

"Ray Manzarek told me that they played about 5 songs and then Morrison spaced out and quit singing. He wandered around the stage, mostly talking. The band started and stopped, started and stopped. Trying to prompt him into singing. He actually tried to start singing again, but it just didn't come. Then Manzarek said that all at once HE SAID HE SAW the energy just leave Morrison's body, that you could just see it go. And with it also went The Doors.....The Doors were over at that moment. "

Source: The Doors | Dallas 1970

Compare with the NO tracklist ... The Doors | New Orleans 1970

I think the only way to REALLY know what happened that night (or as much as we will ever find out) will be a release of the tape ... Put all those myths to bed and somehow, I have always thought the Doors did not have much interest in this tape as it would destroy all the myths they have been spreading around this show ... and in the process their credibility

9. Kat Records

Actually, as theNO tape isn't in the doors vault there is no way that Primary Wave release it, so for now is out of discussion. PW bought Publishing Rights for what they have as early 2023, not further

marklamb and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Yeah, that was my understanding ... was more pointing out the refusal to make a deal ... when was it ? 90s? 2000s?

Matthew Tate and Kat Records like this.
  11. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Forum Resident

I hope this is not a repeat:

[​IMG]

Mitchy, TBos and marklamb like this.
  12. Kat Records

New book coming: "Night Divides The Day: The Doors Anthology"
    NIGHT DIVIDES THE DAY: THE DOORS ANTHOLOGY

So, book and vinyl box set. 6 LP studio albums with new books and some signatures for how much? 400? 500?

[​IMG]

13. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

That is a more creative way of selling those 6 albums all over again ... throw in a book :)

tedg65, Matthew Tate and Uzi_of_Ooze like this.
  14. Kat Records

not only book, the most expensive book in doors history

Matthew Tate and TBos like this.
  15. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

The book that holds all the Dionysus, shaman and Venice beach stories ... I am sure worth every penny :)

16. Kat Records

i'd pay 500 if include the Strange Days 50th annivversary Box set!

but, seriously, what can we expect for a Vinyl Box set? if it is a definitive book about The Doors (or an updated The Doors by The Doors)

Matthew Tate, RAZORMADE and marklamb like this.
  17. Kat Records

well, @anytimecowboy says that will be a book and vinyl box set, perhaps a 7inch o 10inch, that have more sense that what i tought

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. somebodynothing1000

somebodynothing1000 Forum Resident

I hope that book doesnt repeat the same old stories.

tedg65, Kat Records and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I'm wondering if Stockholm is a de-mix of the radio broadcast. New mix new copyright?

Not sure why the multis would exist for a band that were NOT big in Europe. The 4 track live member breakdown is also different than the Fillmore East multis. DaveD said Stockholm is one channel per members - I think FE put keyboard bass with Densmores drums.

Anthrax, Matthew Tate and marklamb like this.
  20. A regular Genesis publication book is $400-$500, let alone one with two signatures (assuming the two surviving members) and 6 LPs. I put it a touch north of $1K.

zphage, Matthew Tate and RAZORMADE like this.
  21. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

I'll buy it if Jim signs it AND if ERC presses them in folded mono.

Blackbear, Matthew Tate and Shawn like this.
  22. somebodynothing1000

somebodynothing1000 Forum Resident

i kind of like the cover. unassuming, but at least its not another "young lion" photo of morrison.

ItsNotIt's and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. anytimecowboy

anytimecowboy Groovy Thread Starter

I'd be surprised if it's 6lps, genesis publications tend to to 1 7" as a bonus. They are a publishers and book binder.

It will likely be a book and 7" like the guide to the laberynth book.

There's a fair chance it will include the 65 demos since it's for the 60th anniversary of the band forming

24. Kat Records

Words of Love

this one is 945 pounds, but is 1 record and book set, not 6 LP , as anytimecowboy suggested

zphage and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. anytimecowboy

anytimecowboy Groovy Thread Starter

I think the buddy holly one is an outlier. They claim some of the money goes to charity. Most don't go over £500

Matthew Tate likes this.