THE BEATLES "Please Please Me" original mono? Also MMT German pressing info

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MikeP5877, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

Sorry Mike, no SHZE numbers on the vinyl - just as I described. Sorry also to Mike P. for hijacking this thread - hopefully the stamper info made up for it...

2. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

Randy and Mike,
    This is the cool stuff I love to find out about different LP's and covers and pressing numbers. I mean like 6 different German "Magical Mystery Tour" variations! How cool is that??? I don't think anyone here minds about this type of hijack in a Beatles related thread!:) :thumbsup: :cool: I sure know I don't:D

3. Randy, can you provide us with a good scan of the Side 1 label, and anything on the back cover of the LP that may be different from the other more familiar Apple versions.

I think if we're reading that Beatles German LP Web page correctly, the number 4 "Club-Sonderauflage" issue with the Odeon label number was issued using the U.S. artwork. Wonder if the LP also contained the booklet too.

4. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

Attached Files:

5. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Another variation of the German MMT:

Had a look at a copy on Apple, but the disc and disc bag were printed in France. The Apple label says in (in English) Made in France by Pathe Marconi EMI, and the info around the border about unauthorized reproduction, etc. is also French (though the side numbers are German, "Seite 1," "Seite 2." The Apple jacket is all German; the catalog no. is 072-04 449, and stamper numbers are: SHZE 327 A 1 / 0449-A-1 and SHZE 327 B 3 / 0449-B-3.

Anyone heard this one?

6. peter

peter Senior Member

Those are the good stampers! But only a playing will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.