The Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour German Hörzu - You were right!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by axeugene, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Yep, he did... but, his was the U.K. No.0000001 mono copy of "The BEATLES".
    Highest record ever sold at an auction $790.000 USD.

My friend had the U.S. 0000001 copy .. I saw it, and held the album.

NOTE: there were copies printed at the different pressing plants as well.
    i.e., the variations in the States .. I have a 'black dot' before the number, also an 'A'
    before the number, etc..

The Ringo U.K. mono promo album:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  2. jo234

jo234 Forum Resident

I've just finished my first listen to that "different animal" (got myself a NM-copy a few days ago) - and wow! I think I've never heard a Beatles-song with that much bass boost like "Baby, You're a Rich Man" on that issue. The "wow" is not only to be understood in a positive way. It really is way too much bass here.

Nevertheless, the rest of that "+"-issue was actually a great listen. Maybe with a little exception about "Strawberry Fields Forever" because at the beginning of the song the volume is just too low (especially after the quite loud "Hello, Goodbye"). I think it has already been mentioned here in the thread that it starts too quiet and the volume is suddenly raised when the instrumentation sets in - so, a few seconds into the song. That sounds quite off although the rest of the song is balanced very well.

Ben Sinise likes this.
  3. Octavian

Octavian Forum Resident

I just got mine in the mail today. I ordered a NM, + C (bass boost) version.

The seller listed it on the wrong one and I got the Apple German normal non-C version. I don’t really blame the seller, the info is wrong on Discogs and can certainly be confusing.

...and I am so glad he did!

Wow oh wow. The Beatles in stereo ladies and gentleman. The hype for this record is justified and then some.

The vocals on Fool On The Hill just sound like from another world. Strawberry Fields sounds so much better than my 2017 RSD remix single. The bass in Baby You’re A Rich Man...

Only bad part is the fake stereo at the end of I Am A Walrus, but I believe that was only fixed on Love and the MMT 5.1 remix (so far hopefully).

Get this record if you don’t have it yet

4. Octavian

Octavian Forum Resident

Also it seems that the code is different on my packaging and label.

On the package it says C 062 while the label on the record says C 072. Is this normal? I don’t really care since it sounds so good but I’m just curious.

Edit: Okay so it seems this is the one I got.
    The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour Plus Other Songs

Seems like this is the best deal to get this pressing. There is a mint version for $23 from France.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Gumboo likes this.
  5. Serenity Now

Serenity Now Forum Resident

Just received a bargain copy of this on Apple. It's a German sleeve but the vinyl is "made in France" and the stamper numbers are 04449-A1 & B3 (no sign of a +C). Anyone else have a copy of this pressing? hoping to give it a play this evening

audiotom likes this.
  6. Ben Sinise

Ben Sinise Forum Reticent

I have one and it sounds the same as a German copy, as well it should, being pressed from export stampers.

audiotom likes this.
  7. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Yep, got mine when I got serious in 1974...
    I ordered it from the Penguin Feather record store in northern VA ..There was a note attached from one of the biggest collectors when it arrived... started the whole shebang!

8. Angel66

Angel66 Forum Resident

The Horzu is cheap and easily available in almost every Beatles record bin I went through in Paris.

Gumboo likes this.
  9. Gumboo

Gumboo Forum Resident

Following the information in this thread, I scored a German Apple A-1 / B-3.
    Wow! The hype is true! Truly sounds great!

TimWare likes this.
  10. Travis726

Travis726 Active Member

indeed. I scored a nm copy for $25 about a month back (the latest 072 A1/B3 copy from the late 70's I believe). Even expecting it to be great, I was impressed when I first played it.

Gumboo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.