THE BEATLES "Help!" movie to be released on DVD

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by john_frogg, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

"Let It Be" is just a lot of standing and sitting around with no plot whatsoever. :D At least the Beatles had fun shooting "A Hard Day's Night" & "HELP!" compared to the (mostly) miserable experience that "Let It Be" was for the group!

2. I take Let it be as a documentary, and musically interesting.
    Regarding the previous movies, I saw them when I was 8 at a local cinema, and back then I thought they were very silly movies.

3. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

4. turniton1181

turniton1181 Past the Audition

Aye Carumba!! Does Macca hand-deliver the thing to you at that price?

5. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Perhaps a Relativity Cadenza™ is included as part of the package?

6. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Anybody want to speculate on what the Deluxe Edition of Let It Be will cost?

(They'll probably include a reproduction of the Ethan Russell photo book and charge $200)

7. Henry the Horse

Henry the Horse Active Member

I don't know if this has been posted already, but, how much is the " standard" edition of Help!?

8. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Satisfied with my MPI VHS of Help. I want "Let it Be".

9. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

It's not listed yet, although the bootleg versions of Help and Let It Be can be found readily on Amazon.

10. Marty Milton

Marty Milton Senior Member

11. Bobo U2

Bobo U2 Active Member

Marty beat me

12. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

13. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

C'mon. AHDN and Help are **supposed** to be silly. That's the point. Silly is not necessarily a bad thing. Were you expecting The Battle of Algiers :confused:

14. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Hmm, I wonder why it's listed as being 96 minutes long, which is about 4-5 minutes longer than the old DVD, which was about 91½ minutes long? :confused: Did they add some footage or insert a montage at the beginning like they did for the MPI "A Hard Day's Night"?

15. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Yeah! What were you, some kinda 8 year old Bergman fan? :D

16. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

So, is the only difference between the regular and the deluxe edition the physical extras like the script, lobby cards, poster and the book?

17. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Apparently, yes. It does appear that the DVD content is the same in both sets. The deluxe set apparently will have a "bespoke" box. I would imagine the box itself is a relatively big part of the elaborate nature of the set.

18. balzac

balzac Senior Member

It's hard to know for sure, but I wouldn't put too much stock in the listed running time. It may be a slightly inaccurate approximate running time listed on the package, or something of that nature. I've seen enough strange running times, tracklistings, product pictures, etc. on Amazon to not trust much 100% beyond the ASIN/ISBN, etc. numbers.

19. No, actually I was into science fiction, I loved those 50's b&w movies, I still do.

20. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Which songs are heard in the movie in their entirty from first note to last without any dialog or sound effects (like fake chattering teeth) mixed in?

21. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

I wish the too-cool "Interlude" scene amongst the bluebells in bloom was expanded; it's just too short!

22. Marty Milton

Marty Milton Senior Member

Is there sound effects of the teeth chattering? I don't recall any sound effects, just the visual during You've Got to Hide Your Love Away.

23. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

you are probably correct. I often get HELP! confused with A Christmas Story. ;) :)

anyway - are there any complete without any overdubs? I'm looking forward to the 5.1 mixes.

24. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

I have to doubt that the list price will remain the same. There have been similar sets released by Warner Brothers, and Criterion(!) that haven't been more than half that price.

So much for the "Preorder links will be added in the next 24 hours" on the official site.

25. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Well, there is the sound of teeth chattering but it's when Paul's playing the organ.

IIRC, I think the only places where you hear really hear sound effects over the music are during "Another Girl", "She's A Woman" and "Help" (fight sounds at the end of movie, on the original mono mix and most likely on the new DVD). I'd have to watch my VHS of the TV broadcast of HELP! to be certain if there were sound effects anywhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.