The Beach Boys original SMiLE to be released on CD and vinyl LP...(part 11)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olsen

olsen Senior Member

Clarification? The vinyl in the box and the vinyl stand alone will have different inner sleeves, is that correct?

2. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Yo.

3. olsen

olsen Senior Member

Whoa.

4. Jon Busey-Hunt

Jon Busey-Hunt Forum Resident

What's the diff between the two??

5. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

One has more Yo than the other :)

6. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Says Yo!?! :shh: :angel:

7. mr.schneider

mr.schneider Active Member

Brian: "Thanks for taking all of these great session photos, Jasper. I've written a dumb song... would you sing it?!"

Attached Files:

8. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'm going to harbor a guess that the standalone LP uses it's inner sleeves to give the buyer further session info, while the one in the box is probably arty, like mid-60's Capitol record replicas. This is just my guess.

9. Daniel Plainview

A Jasper Dailey solo album on Brother Records would be THE BOMB, and I mean that in a good way. I kneel and pray before bed each night that more Jasper sessions are recovered.

10. olsen

olsen Senior Member

It almost doesn't matter does it? If I'm asking the question I probably gotta have both..

11. JustNadav

JustNadav New Member

Concerning "Speeches":
    It's in the right speed. As we also hear in SOT 17, the key of Speeches is F. It's the fan-mixers who "speed-corrected" it to F sharp to match She's Going Bald. I agree that Brian's lead sound somewhat strange, but you can tell by the backing vocals and the studio chatter that the speed is dead right.
    Oh, and on the studio chatter - I will pay generously to know what excactly Brian had in his head when he said "It's gonna be SO great..." after the take.

12. mr.schneider

The Pickle Brothers album is out next year as well!

13. Daniel Plainview

Fred Vail's country album not far behind!

btw...if you haven't bought Stephen Kalinich's CD of crazy poetry with Brian Wilson accompanyment, you're missing out.

14. Marzipan

Marzipan Forum Resident

Almost Unrelated:
    I listened again to American Spring last night on vinyl and wow, the production on that is so inviting. Arguably the best Brian Wilson production display from the 1970's?
    Anyway, its a fine item to prep your palate for arguably the best thing he ever made.

15. Jon Busey-Hunt

Jon Busey-Hunt Forum Resident

I totally agree. I think "Teeter Totter Love" is the BEST, at least the 45 seconds I've heard. I know he doesn't have a "traditional" voice but it's FUNNY! As it was meant to be!

16. Daniel Plainview

David Sandler deserves a lot of credit for this album as well (maybe more than Brian, honestly).

17. olsen

olsen Senior Member

Ok wait, this just hit me in the head, sorry if I'm the only ignorant one: The 'bicycle rider' parts in DYLW were cut after they were already designated as part of H&V? All of them?

18. Buddhahat

Buddhahat Forum Resident

SU 67 - The way Brian phrases the last mmm going into the tag (I think the Leila Guy described it as a miaoww). It really is amazing - and he echos it with the piano. Just incredible. I feel like I'm dreaming, that they have found such a thing!

19. Daniel Plainview

No, the parts in the DYLW track on GV box were cut with it in '66.

The "completed" Bicycle Rider track that opens H&V sections was cut in 1/67 as part of H&V.

20. olsen

olsen Senior Member

Ah thanks.

21. mr.schneider

Your review, I'm guessing: "Surprisingly Brilliant Collection of Madness and Beauty"
    Is that Brian on the sample of "Be Still"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.