The 3 songs Pink Floyd will play at Live 8 are (SPOILER ALERT!)....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Norbert Becker, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm getting worried the British concert won't be broadcast in Canada, and I'll be stuck watching (or rather not watching) the desperately boring Canadian show.

2. My Tivo guide shows 8 straight hours of MTV coverage. There is also a 2 hour, prime time recap on ABC,a nd I think another on VH1. I don't recall exact start time of any of those.

Surely, Floyd is the biggest news (musically speaking) of the entire day, and will go on last.

I would not be bummed at all if they pass on playing "Money". Its like the "Stairway to Heaven" of the Floyd catalog, IMHO. Not that it would drive me from the room or anything, but I am pretty happy with the 3 tunes listed.

Brian

3. Steve G

Steve G Senior Member

So I guess there's no Wots...uh, the deal? or Cymballine then? oh well...

4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

But when the show ends in the UK it will still only be early evening in the U.S. The Philadelphia show will still have a long way to go.

What I don't know is, are they flipping back and forth between the different concerts again or are they just showing the one concert in each country?

5. Matt Levy

Matt Levy Forum Resident

xm radio is broadcasting live 8. Look at its website for details.

6. Matt Levy

Matt Levy Forum Resident

7. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

I was almost apprehensive to ask when Pink Floyd was performing. It kinda seemed like I was the only one who was totally clueless about all this. :laugh:

I went to the pile of useless news that is mtv.com and got nowhere as to who was performing when. Very general information about Live 8 is everywhere, but specifics are proving pretty elusive to me.

Here in Dayton, OH, our TV book lists MTV coverage from 12:00 PM-8:00PM, but that's it. Our ABC affiliate is airing Toy Story at 8:00 PM, though our TV book that comes with the Sunday paper every week can be inaccurate at times.

I'm all for the cause, but I'm really not interested in watching all 8 hours. Frankly, I just want to see Pink Floyd. As was mentioned, the time difference between London and the eastern time zone of the US is another factor.

It's amazing how they won't stop trumpeting about how global this all is and how so many people are going to see it, yet nobody seems to know who's performing when. All I know is the latest roster of acts for each city. You'd think if they really want to maximize their TV share, they'd be announcing everywhere when Pink Floyd is playing. Not to sound too pro-Floyd, but I'd be willing to bet they're the biggest attraction of this whole thing by far.

If they want maximum attention, they really oughta be playing up the Pink Floyd thing as much as possible. Just my humble opinion...

8. Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman New Member

I'm getting the same info on my Tivo schedule for 12pm-8pm EST Saturday and the ABC 2 Hour Prime Time special from 8pm-10pm EST.

I assume MTV & VH-1 are sharing the same video feed? They won't conflict coverage between the various other countries Geldof added. Right?

My wife asked me if any Pay-Per-View deal was announced anywhere?!?

That's not going to happen! Bob Geldof has been anti-$ from the getgo. I heard all about the eBay ticket scalpers pissing on the event.

9. Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman New Member

Well it was bound to happen at some point. Moscow is now part of the events. I wonder what acts they are adding?

10. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Autograf reunion! :biglaugh:

11. Greatest Hits

Greatest Hits Just Another Compilation

I wish they'd open with "Vera"!

12. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

150,000 singing "Bring the Boys Back Home" would be a timely message, but maybe
    the wrong one for this convert.

Mark

13. Delta Steve

Delta Steve Forum Resident

according to schedules here in UK, about 08.56pm BST but god knows, its running so late now they will probably pull the switches, apparantly PF have paid for a LOT of fireworks out oftheir own pockets, so the darker the better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.