Stones SACDs - the verdict on the mastering quality?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vonwegen, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdiament

bdiament Producer, Engineer, Soundkeeper

Hi Ed,

I think jitter is but one component of several involved and perhaps only a relatively minor one in the long run.

Also, in my experience, it isn't an "if". I've never heard two CDs from the same master, pressed at different plants, that sound exactly the same. And neither sounds exactly like the master.

In my view, folks tend to get mired in "jitter" and "errors" because these are things that have been identified as potential sources of what is heard. I am confident that time will reveal other, as yet unidentified sources.

Can we please take this into another thread?
    I sympathize with the folks who want this to remain the Stones thread it was intended to be.
    Let us not have Heart(s) of Stone, lest any fans suffer a 19th Nervous Breakdown. I can see how they feel these discussions are turning into Yesterday's Papers. So let's get On With The Show.

For my part, I'll refrain from any further non-Stones related posts in this thread.

Best regards,
    Barry
    www.soundkeeperrecordings.com
    www.barrydiamentaudio.com

2. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Thanks Barry!
    Yes, please let's get back on track here. Please feel free to open a thread with the topic of Jitter, Bits, Lasers, EFMs, etc!
    Thanks!

3. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Per above, why don't you just split these posts out to a new thread?

4. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

The Rolling Stones: Remastered Series

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/musicreviews/334/the-rolling-stones-remastered-series.html

5. SiriusB

SiriusB New Member

replace 'will be' with 'can be and should be' and you've got it right.

If it doesn't, then something is wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.