Stevie Wonder "I Was Made To Love Her" on CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Greatest Hits, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrice

jrice Senior Member

They are in print in Japan if anyone needs one for a lot less money.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The 1967 set will probably come out sometime in early 2007. If you want a sneak peek (with data compression), you can also get it at itunes as part of their complete Stevie Wonder collection. Unfortunately, they won't let you buy just the individual track, so you either have to go with the massive complete Stevie or the slightly less massive singles collection subset - last I checked anyway.

There's also a recent multi-artist box set on Fontana called "Express Yourself: Soul in the 20th Century" that might have the mono mix as well. Has anyone heard it?

Regards,

3. MartinGr

MartinGr Senior Member

4. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Some of his 60s albums are still available domestically as well.

6. Greatest Hits

Greatest Hits Just Another Compilation Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll have to look into that.

Thank you Steve for your help!

7. rhkwon

rhkwon Forum Resident

Got this CD on Steve's recommendation. It's a nice sounding CD. I heard instruments on "My Cherie Amour" that I never new existed. Trust Steve on this one. As Bobby "Boris" Pickett would say "Stevie Wonder Love Songs CD good!"

8. Grant

But trust me when I say the mono mix of "I Was Made To Love Her" is superior to the stereo mix.

9. rhkwon

rhkwon Forum Resident

I can wait. So when does this thing come out?

10. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Allmusic says: "In the absence of the superb three-volume set Looking Back, Motown keeps playing games with its fans by repackaging and recycling hits in numerous gimmick packages. This one features 20 Stevie Wonder love numbers, all certified classics. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them; they're wonderful. But instead of Motown constantly reissuing them, they should either reissue the three-record set, or prepare a new multi-disc box set. Instead, they're content to parcel out these partial sets that only rip off novices, gullible types, and knowledgeable fans anxious to get all the Wonder available."

Reminds me, again, of the critical importance of the detailed and reliable information you find here at your 'fingertips' every day to help gullible types like me make correct and informed purchasing decisions. "I Was Made To Love Her" is a standout.

11. Grant

They have been putting out two sets a year. Ifigure they
    ll get to the one with this song next winter or spring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.