Steve Hoffman/Kevin Gray to do YES "FRAGILE" on 180 gram vinyl for Analogue Prods.!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Re: Steve Hoffman/Kevin Gray to do YES "FRAGILE" on 180 gram vinyl for Analogue Prods

That would have to be negotiated separately but the redbook layer (or probably any digital release) would put you back into competition.

2. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

Re: Steve Hoffman/Kevin Gray to do YES "FRAGILE" on 180 gram vinyl for Analogue Prods

Great idea. I wonder why nobody has thought about it. :laugh:

3. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I'd go for a single layer SACD. By not being a hybrid the disc would not be in direct competition with the redbook edition.

I've never listened to a single redbook layer of the dozens of hybrid SACDs in my music collection.

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

No mystery; plating accident.

5. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Thanks for the reply.

6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yeah, yeah, I know, but Sony did say that they considered SACD a niche market and an audiophile label like AP falls into that catagory. We need a "kicking a dead horse" smiley on here":)

7. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

How's this? :D

Attached Files:

8. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

No, that's beating a dead horse. We need one for kicking. :D

9. I asked the question back at post #47.
    Steve?

10. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Perhaps this question should be asked of AP and not Steve who is probably not in charge of this project.

11. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I just cut 'em...

Questions about the YES/Fragile LP reissue should be directed towards Acoustic Sounds (link on my homepage)!

12. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

The explanation next to the icon for why a green alien woman was beating that horse in a rather erotic fashion would take waaaay to long. :winkgrin:

:cheers:
    Cat

13. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Ok, that's good. Now we just need to animate so that it can be used in all threads mentioning SACDs.:agree:

14. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Craig? :)

15. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

Great, another rare Yes record to add to my want list. I thought I had scored the rarest UK release just a few weeks ago. The ery first pressing of Time and a Word with the wrong song order on side two. I WILL GET THEM ALL.:uhhuh:

16. claypool

claypool New Member

Thanks :thumbsup: I'm so excited about this release it's something I don't want to wait too long to get my hands on.

17. Matti Saari

Matti Saari Senior Finn

I'm gonna order it too.:)

18. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Ouch!

19. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

No doubt about it, I gotta get this LP! But, I hope they look at doing "The Yes Album" soon!

20. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I understand that, but I had to ask. :) I knew not to ask about an SACD since it's a Warner title, and it's out on DVD-Audio.

21. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Steve, I asked in an earlier post, but maybe you missed it. I would love to hear how you located the actual master tape to this project. What condition is it in?

22. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Try these - not exactly kicking, but they kind of make their point...

Attached Files:

23. WHitese

WHitese Senior Member

i just ordered a couple myself...I hope its a profitable venture that may ensure that other get the same treatment.:righton:

24. johnborzatti

johnborzatti Senior Member

Well, I just plowed through the whole thread and may be totally ignorant of the obvious but I was wondering where the LP was going to be pressed at. I assume RTI ? These projects of famous titles are RARE and when they come along DO NOT pass them up. This is why it still pays (although not the only reason) to own analog equipment, and the finer the better ! ! By the way, should the announcement on the home page of this site for Steve's current projects be updated to include this to increase awareness ( and sales ! ) I only stumbled upon it by a random review of topics and this is already several pages deep on the forum. Just a suggestion to easily spread the news.

25. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Guys, flogging a horse is not funny, whether it be animated or live--and please, no flames.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.