Steve Hoffman/Kevin Gray to do YES "FRAGILE" on 180 gram vinyl for Analogue Prods.!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Now that I think of it, the little hype sticker on my copy said that Kevin Gray cut the LP too! :doh:

2. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

Well seeing as What Records have the 2016 LP for £25 and the KG/SG earlier effort for only £5 more, it's a no brainer - I will probably pick this up and see how it fares against my original UK plum label.

vinyl diehard likes this.
  3. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

I bought the KG/SH Acoustech version of the LP from what records, they had it incorrectly dated as 2010 which confused me - it's actually on the grey AP label and dated 2006, with a heavy duty tip-on cover, so glad I paid only £5 more for this one over the 2016, which I'm sure is fine but this one is a beauty! I'm looking forward to spinning it soon.

4. Carter DeVries

Carter DeVries Forum Resident

I just came across an unopened KG/SH AP Silver label 2006 that I must have order in mid-late 2000’s and set aside and then forgot about. Playing it now. Very impressive reissue. Well done Steve, Chad et al!!

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I have 8 test pressings from RTI on this title, both cuts. I should give a few away as a neat Forum Giveaway soon. A great album. Took Kevin about an hour to get the damn Dolby A setup on this baby just right. It was very tricky.. Came out great though..

6. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

Just when I need a great copy of Fragile!

7. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

I stumbled upon a mint used copy of this AP pressing at my local record store recently. Such a sweet sounding cut!

8. Carter DeVries

I have no idea how mine got lost in the shuffle for so long, but I’m really pumped to have discovered it. No idea which cut I have but it sounds really, really great. Getting ready to play it for a third time.

9. Carter DeVries

Checking the deadwax while flipping her over....mine is the earlier A / B cut. Sweet. Not surprised based on how it sounds. Fat, warm and deep with an immense stage. Amazing bass presence.

10. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

Sadly I missed your post until today and of course I'm too late. It's now out of stock.

You did however introduce me to a site with some crazy cheap prices and I'm now £155 worse off.
    I blame you for this 100% and you should hang your head in shame!

:winkgrin:

JP Christian and Fishoutofwater like this.
  11. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Is this the same LP that has a hype sticker on it stating "cut from the original analog master tapes by Kevin gray for Cohearent Audio"?

12. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Nope, that's the 2016 Rhino. Steve's pressing has an AcousTech hype sticker with Kevin and Steve's signatures.

inperson likes this.
  13. Freezerburn

Freezerburn Spendin' Monopoly Money

I so wish this version would become available on CD.....the EQ is perfect. :waiting:

David P. Hill likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.