Statement from Capitol Records on THE BEATLES "The Capitol Albums Vol. 2" set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wollensack, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bogus orphan

bogus orphan New Member

don't forget, if it wasn't for the "bitching" in this forum, capitol would never have taken responsibility and would still be attempting to foist defective product on consumers

oh wait - "no-comment" capitol still hasn't taken responsibility and is still attempting to foist defective product on consumers!

2. bogus orphan

bogus orphan New Member

please tell us what so-called "conspiracies" you are referring to

3. munson66

munson66 Forum Dilettante

:laugh: Or use the wrong stock. I can see it now...

[Cue the harp music as the picture dissolves to:]

"Gents, I hate to break it to you, but they've done it AGAIN! I compared the booklet in the CD box set with my Jacksonville-pressed first-pressing mono, and the paper is WAY TOO OPAQUE!"

"How could Crapplophone allow a printing on acid-free, super-calendared 110-pound ultra-bright with a 45-percent post-consumer recycled fibre content? Don't those twits know that WE know that that kind of paper didn't even EXIST in 1967?"

"I read somewhere that was Paul's idea. So were the soy-based inks."

"QUOTE: Don't those twits know that WE know /QUOTE :righton: I know you know what you know but you should know by now that you're not me. "

"In the interests of historical accuracy, photo-mechanical transfers of the 1967 printers' film should have been used. ANY IDIOT can recognize these as DIGITAL scans made in 2007 from the 4-by-5-inch transparencies."

"Yes, but Bruce Spizer says the originals were lost in 1976, when Parlophone put out its own MMT album. :("

4. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

That is NOT TRUE. Capitol was alerted to this mistake by one of our own members BEFORE it was made public. Also, another prominent personality told Capitol about the mastering error at about the same time. Based on these reports, Capitol immediately halted production and started manufacturing the corrected version. Nothing else is true, "our bitching" had nothing to do with Capitol "fixing" the mistake.

Has there been confusion regarding the defective return policy? Of course, there has been. Is this indicative of some conspiracy to sell as many "bad" units as possible? We dont know yet. STOP MAKING UP THINGS PLEASE!!!! Ron

PS Why should Capitol give ABC, or any other news agency a comment? When they have something of substance to announce they will do so.

5. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Nothing new has been said here for several days, except for veiled insults. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.