Sony Legacy Pop Market

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hutlock, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

Johnny Cash - At San Quentin
    Free Shipping

The uncut version of the legendary live show at California’s infamous prison.
    • 31 songs
    • 13 unreleased tracks
    • Documentary DVD

Original Price: $29.98 USD

$15.99 shipped in US.

Amazon price: $16.88

2. bw

bw Forum Resident

2nd Jazz Guitar box shipped. Same packaging as before, but nothing came loose this time.

At least they made it right.

3. GroovinGarrett

Today (Thursday 12/9):

Janis Joplin -Box of Pearls
    Free Shipping

Multi-disc collection from the late, great blues belter.

* 55 songs
    * Rarities EP
    * Remastered sound

Original Price: $49.98 USD

$19.99 shipped in US.

Amazon price: $19.99 :laugh:

4. MichaelSmith

MichaelSmith Forum Resident

yes - most of these have been discounted for years... still a good set. I won this years ago in a promotion when it was new and $49... since then all of the discs are sold separately for cheap - but $19.99 shipped seems like a good deal... Amazon charges unless you are Prime

5. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Amazon is running a lightning deal for this today -- marked down to $21.99, still not as good as Pop Market's price earlier this week.

6. GroovinGarrett

Today's offer (December 10):

Pearl Jam - Ten (Deluxe Edition)
    Free Shipping

Newly reissued expanded edition of Ten, the debut album that sold 12 million copies and introduced the world to Pearl Jam.

* 2 CDs + DVD
    * The remastered version of the original album, PLUS a remixed version w/ six BONUS tracks
    * DVD of Pearl Jam's previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance w/ never before seen footage in 5.1 surround sound audio.
    * Packaged in hard-back book w/ 36 page booklet and rigid slipcase

Original Price: $39.98 USD

$16.99 shipped in US. (good price, IMO)

Amazon price: $34.88.

7. GroovinGarrett

Today's offer (December 13):

Miles Davis - The Genius of Miles Davis
    Free Shipping

The Genius of Miles Davis ... 30 years of recorded masterpieces from 1 musical genius.

* Individually numbered, exact replica of Miles Davis Trumpet Case houses the collection.
    * 43 CDs include 384 recordings documenting the history of his years at Columbia Records.
    * Custom designed Trunk Ltd. t-shirt.
    * Previously unpublished fine art lithograph of one of Miles's most striking paintings.
    * Exact replica of the "Gustat" Heim 2 mouthpiece used by Miles during his career.

Original Price: $1199.00 USD

$399.99 shipped in US.

Full Content List

* Miles Davis and Gil Evans: The Complete Columbia Recording Sessions (6 CDs)
    * Miles Davis Quintet 1965-1968 (6 CDs)
    * The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions (4 CDs)
    * Miles Davis and John Coltrane: The Complete Columbia Recordings, 1955-1961 (6 CDs)
    * The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions (3 CDs)
    * The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions (5 CDs)
    * Seven Steps: The Complete Columbia Recordings of Miles Davis, 1963-1964 (7 CDs)
    * The Complete on the Corner Sessions (6 CDs)

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If you needed affirmation that no one is buying the trunk, here you go...

I guess this is a good deal if you don't already have some of those boxes...

9. MichaelSmith

MichaelSmith Forum Resident

On the Corner is hard to find now... thats a good price for all 8 sets... they sold for around $100 each when they came out but could be had from music clubs (except on the corner) for around $40-$50

10. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing Thread Starter

That's a GREAT price, but yeah, I'm sure most big Miles fans have the majority of these already... that and the price tag definitely explains why it hasn't moved.

But for that price, I'd bite on this if I didn't already have them all.

11. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

That's still a good chunk of change considering you get no new music. As stated, it's a good deal if you missed some of these box sets the first time around. I have them all, and I don't need the trumpet case, mouthpiece, or T-shirt.

12. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

:whistle:

13. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

Proof positive they didn't get many buyers for that set. Even I'm not enough of a sucker to go for a trumpet case, t-shirt, and mouthpiece for however many hundred bucks they want for 'em. Although I wouldn't mind being able to pull the trumpet out of the closet, plop that baby in, and see how it sounds. Ah, who am I kidding . . . I know how it sound.

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

:winkgrin:

15. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I went for it, though I'm really going to regret it when I get hit for the VAT:( I have most of the metal spines already, but my brother only has two and will take the others, so with a bit of luck selling on Amazon I may end up with the trumpet case for no additional money, or if I'm really lucky make a little.

16. PetSounds

PetSounds Forum Resident

Just for the individuals in Toronto who would be interested in this, Giant Tiger has the same set for $9.99. I saw a few copies about a month ago.

17. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm tempted by the Miles set. I don't have any of the metal spine sets, but really don't need a trumpet case, T-shirt, or mouthpiece.

18. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

wow ! $399 for that miles set , in a few weeks it will be $99 :D

19. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing Thread Starter

Even if you don't need any of that, you're still getting 43 discs for $400 -- I'm not sure what the metal spines go for these days, but I sure know they sold for way more than that when they were new.

20. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I realize it's a terrific deal for the metal spine sets alone, but it'd be far easier to hide those from the spouse than it would be to hide a trumpet case.

"Hey, I've never seen this case before... "

"It's an investment for the future, I'll never have to buy another Miles Davis CD again!"

21. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Well, this had better turn up as I've just listed the boxes my brother doesn't need on Amazon and even being by far the cheapest on there I should get at least what they are costing with the tumpet case, though import duty and VAT will make a big difference. Likewise if I charge my brother the same as these are costing he will still be getting them a lot cheaper than they are listed at on Amazon, "On The Corner" is £94 used, I see this as trading up.:righton:

22. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

23. Tjazz

Don't forget to use promo code Legacy10 for another 10% off.

24. Tjazz

25. Tjazz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.