Sony/Legacy Announces Upgraded "Sly & the Family Stone" Catalog W/ Unreleased Tracks

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Finally! I've been waitng for these forever. Supposedly there is an enourmous quality of unreleased Sly from the classic '68-'72 era. I hope we get the original 45 mixes as well as the more recent remixes..

2. Wonderful! I got the 2 CD Essential collection, but I'll go for the albums. They should make a boxed set with all of them.

3. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

Story was,it was a mistake & was caught quickly,but some managed to get out.They're pretty rare nowdays.

4. bodine

bodine Senior Member

Actually that unreleased Sly Fillmore concert album has been over on the Wolfgang's Vault site, available on two separate streaming files, both from 10-5-1968

5. ivor

ivor Senior Member

Re: Sony/Legacy Announces Upgraded "Sly & the Family Stone" Catalog W/ Unreleased Tra

I don't think the British version was ever corrected. I ordered one a few months ago, and it was the alternate mix.

6. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Re: Sony/Legacy Announces Upgraded "Sly & the Family Stone" Catalog W/ Unreleased Tra

No doubt. I'm in the same boat.. I replaced "Anthology" with "Essential" and was extremely happy with my purchase. All but one song from "Stand" and all but 2 songs from 'Riot' (I think).

I think I'll definitely buy "Stand" and probably "Riot".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.