Rubble Box Sets are Back in Print!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by child of nature, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIG ED

BIG ED Forum Resident

A fallout at Fallout?!?!?!?! :laugh:

These are still needledrops, right?
    Thanks.

2. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

If they are exact copies of the Past and Present CDs then they are.

Fallout is creating a good bit of "fallout" in the independent UK reissue scene. Not a popular company.

3. nlgbbbblth

nlgbbbblth Senior Member

yes, still needledrops. No question about that,

4. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

My second vol is the 2003 imprint...

5. nlgbbbblth

nlgbbbblth Senior Member

thanks Paul K
    is your first one 2003 too?

re the Fall Out release, Amazon should be slapped on the wrist for flogging a bootleg. Worse of two evils etc

6. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Yes it's the 2003 version...both are

7. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

Why? Past and Present were bootleggers and Amazon carried their releases. They carry all of the CDs on the new label Psychic Circle. Amazon can't check these things out, it's impossible. The labels get away with this stuff because various artists comps are extremely hard for the record companies to track. Also, it's not hard to get an offical UPC.

In some respects the reissue market needs an occassional bootlegger. Sometimes they can prompt record companies to wake up and put stuff out. The problem with Fallout and Psychic Circle is that they are slapping this stuff on the market too fast with little quality control. Great for rabid collectors and bad for people who want it done right. I know of a couple of cases where Fallout releases have killed potential legit reissues. Very sad.

8. nlgbbbblth

nlgbbbblth Senior Member

Hence my comment 'worse of two evils'

The issue I have with Amazon is that the product details for the box I ordered say that it's on Past and Present - yet they sent me a set on Fall Out. And they had a separate entry also purporting to be on Past and Present set - priced differently.

These sort of inconsistencies and multiple listings for the same title are very confusing.

Slightly off-topic.

What's even worse is when you pre-order an item - say two weeks before its release.
    In the intervening period a duplicate listing is credited for that product. Stock comes in on the release date but is credited to the duplicate listing's ASIN - not the original one.

A few days go by and I wonder why my set has not dispatched.
    I look at the listing for that product and it says 'currently unavailable' / 'not in stock' / 'available in 4 to 6 weeks' etc - i.e. going nowhere fast.

I do a search for the item by name and see the duplicate listing which says 'in stock'.

But their systems are not able to match up the two.
    Which means people who have had the misfortune to pre-order are left waiting.

9. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

how is the sound quality of these? I am fan of the nuggets box set and was wondering if this and the rubble sets were good to get into?

10. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

I've got the first one and it's pretty good. A bit variable due to the sources but still very listenable.

11. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

Has anybody else bought the vinyl pressing of this? I just got volumes 1 and 3-6. These look like resent reissues. Nice vinyl flat and quiet and SQ is very good. Plus in nice gatefold covers.

12. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

so its not as rough as they say?

13. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

The music definitely out-shines the sound quality, but it's enjoyable. Not the best source for the songs, but for the majority it's the only source on CD.

14. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I will have to think about it then..

15. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

16. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I've got the original 11 individual CDs from the early 90's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.