Roxy Music "Complete Studio Recordings" 10 CD Box (part2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

I’ve listened to those SACDs for years and never found the highs fatiguing. YMMV

SinisterGinger and Plan9 like this.
  2. strippies

strippies Forum Resident

This is incorrect info. All tracks were shifted by the same 1.2 dB.

3. djwkyoto

djwkyoto Forum Resident

Do you know if the "non-PDO" EGCD 20 contains the same mastering as the one made in the UK, with the repaired intro?
    Roxy Music - Siren

I just purchased a copy of the UK PDO-pressing, but it is unfortunately unreadable due to heavy bronzing...

Thanks!

strippies likes this.
  4. strippies

strippies Forum Resident

Yes, purchasing a PDO UK disc is a risky business.

The EG/Virgin you linked to, probably a PDO WG disc, has the same matrix as the 1984 EG/Polydor Polygram WG: 823 020-2 01. So it likely contains the first mastering with the injured 'Whirlwind'.
    Roxy Music - Siren

It's possible there's a Nimbus UK pressing floating around with the corrected mastering. Nobody submitted it to Discogs but there exists a Nimbus EGCD 50 of 'Avalon'.
    Roxy Music - Avalon

djwkyoto likes this.
  5. djwkyoto

djwkyoto Forum Resident

Thank you, I suspected that too.
    Luckily I found another confirmed "Made in UK by PDO" pressing in the meantime. Let's see if this one is fine and un-bronzed.

Thanks again!

strippies likes this.
  6. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

Are the complete studio box remasters for s/t and For Your Pleasure available on single CD releases?

For s/t there is the 2018 2CD Digibook version with the session extras. Am I right in assuming this is the 2012 remaster? Is there a single CD version?

Seems like with For Your Pleasure the only post-2012 releases are three Japanese CDs, and at least one of those is a Japanese re-remaster stated as flat transfer from DSD. The other two are unclear with regards what mastering they use.