Rolling Stones Vinyl Box Sets Nov 2010

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mr5D, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

LOL!!! I guess with the same logic Shakespeare's kind of out the window and let's not even talk about that popular black book (first and second editions).......... :)

2. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

Guys, this is what I wrote on this thread last December. I bought the box back then for about $15 per LP. I would recommend the '64-69 Abkco box to anyone. Even to those who have UK originals. It's that good. I ended up selling the duplicates I had on 180 gm 2003 DSD LP.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=6063536&postcount=518

3. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Random related Q: whatever happened to the releases of the individual titles in the 1971-2005 box? I was hoping to pick up Voodoo & Bridges just to complete my Stones vinyl shelf, since I'll never find affordable copies of the originals, but I haven't heard anything about this since last winter.

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I'm wondering if the individual releases will appear after they sell a few more of the boxes... perhaps after the holiday buying season?

5. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I'm hoping they do so that I can pick up Voodoo and Bridges and also others can cherry pick some great sounding titles from the 60's.

A true story about present-day ABKCO and customer service.

I got the 60's box set last year from Europe and had a defective copy of 'Let It Bleed'. I contacted ABKCO's NY office and was put in contact with a kind person from the marketing team. I introduced myself and told him about the situation. I explained it would be very difficult to return the entire box and eventually get a new one (it was only 1 record out of many). I asked would it be possible to maybe stop by the office (I live in the city) to make an exchange for a clean copy of 'Let It Bleed' or is this even reasonable to ask. He was wonderful. He asked for my contact details and sent me a new copy over night (same pressing from the box with a kind note). Great customer service.

I've been enjoying their releases since they started the revamp in 2002.

6. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

True that. I've got a couple of beautiful original Decca Stones LPs, but they didn't come cheap.

7. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

The 64-69 box is great as others have said. And I have all(in some case multiple copies of various titles) of the original UK and US versions of all the titles. Those are great as well. And frankly anyone who is complaining about the box and hasn't actually HEARD IT has zero credibility. Those that are still on the fence after all this time should simply ignore useless comments by those with no basis(what Abkco was years ago again has no relevance whatsoever to the present day) and listen to those of us that have bought the box, especially as many of us with favorable comments also actually own the originals.

8. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Couldn't have said it better!

reddyempower likes this.
  9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Well this is one way to bring back the well deserved praise for this set!

10. schelti

schelti Forum Resident

Maybe it's because the Lp's were pressed by GZ in the Czech Republic, a neighbour country of Germany.
    U2's Achtung Baby 4Lp set is also pressed by GZ and is also cheaper at Amazon.de than at Amazon.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.