Rolling Stones to remaster post 1970 albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Doug Schiller, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyS

BobbyS Forum Resident In Memoriam

If Mick Taylor is involved I am more than OK with that!

2. George P

George P Notable Member

In the case of Sticky Fingers, I suspect it's the missing bass from the CBS CDs.

3. Bradock

Bradock Forum Resident

I would like to see a SACD release of Exile on Main Street. ABKCO did a brilliant job on the remastered SACDs of their early catalog. They were a huge improvement over the earlier cds of the same albums. If the Stones would do the same with Exile, it would be fantastic, but probably too much to hope for. Apple / EMI did not want to go the extra mile by putting the remastered Beatles catalog on SACDs, which was a shame.

Extra material included on the release isn't a big deal with me. I just hope they put some effort into improving the audio and then releasing it on a high resolution format. This album deserves it, it is one of their best works.

4. Fatman

Fatman Senior Member

I agree. As I mentioned a few hundred posts back, the Stones on CD is a big reason I got back into vinyl.

5. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I've always thought CDs sound worse than vinyl as a rule. So the Virgins which I like were never expected to sound as good as those Stones albums on LP.

6. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

Would you care to qualify this?

As in, "with all else being equal,"...

7. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

No, CDs are not equal to good vinyl to me, never have been.

8. Greg(ory)

Greg(ory) Some Stupid With A Space Gun

I tried making my way through this entire thread to see if anyone discussed the DSD vinyl remasted by Bob Ludwig and reissued in 2003, so sorry it I missed it. I got Between The Buttons used for real cheap and it sounds really good. I've never heard it on vinyl before however.

anyone care to opine regarding these 2003 reissues?

9. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

They are not a part of the post 1970s Stones LPs, that is why not much mention of them in this thread.

They are however well regearded as a good second best (after expensive UK originals) option well worth the money, reported as being very high quality pressings with nice sound. If you never heard an original UK, you might thing these are pure perfection!

10. Greg(ory)

Greg(ory) Some Stupid With A Space Gun

doh! thanks, the vinyl is silent, thick & flat so it'll do for me

11. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.