Roger Waters to tour The Wall

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GLUDFSSR, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So expensive but I have to say if it will be the whole production this is a one in a lifetime event.

2. I don't get how some large ticket prices are already posted (as available!) by some companies for events that have not gone on sale yet. These companies must have some sort of pass to buy bulk and scalp to us plebes. The site (linked below) was my first Google hit when searching for tickets.:sigh:

http://www.concertticketcenter.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=1352611&event=Roger+Waters

3. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member Thread Starter

Looks like the average price will be around $70 - $270 service charges included, depending on the city.

4. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Got tickets to both NY shows.
    So I will see The Wall at MSG and Nassau Coliseum. :D

Good seats to both shows.
    This is a must see event.

5. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Where would be the optimal seating for a show like this? My tickets go on sale tomorrow and I'm not sure where to try for. I'm thinking once the wall is built and they have the rooms within the bricks open up for songs like *"Nobody's Home" if you're too close, you might miss it.

*At least I think it was this song where one of the bricks folded down to reveal a room where Roger was sitting/singing in.

6. hotrats2

hotrats2 New Member

This is actually kinda sad, this stuffs going on over 30 years old now, and this band is a caricature of the band who created this music. I was hoping for some new ideas from ole Rog, not a rehash of the past, post live 8.

7. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

you want to have a good view of the stage so anything way on the sides won't be desirable.

I'd shoot for center floor or first levels if I were going.

8. axnyslie

axnyslie Forum Resident

Ticketmaster is doing their usual unethical practices of offering presales of elite high end packages and Amex only sales. So by the time general public sales is availabe to fans there will be nothing left by far right & left stage. I'm getting less enthusiastic about this tour and I have a feeling I will be missing it. I miss the old days of camping outside a store and paying only $20.

9. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

looking at his dates online there seems to be many opportunities to add dates at many venues...hopefully all fans who want to go will manage to get in.

10. GLUDFSSR

Got tickets for the Staples show, not horrible on the bottom level 2nd price range, not willing to spend the $270 for the top price range to see a wall in front of the stage for half the show.

11. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

Thank God for my cousin! Scored us some tickets for the Staples show.

12. axeugene

axeugene It don't matter if yer by my side, I'm satisfied

What are the price ranges? And I'm assuming this is for the American Express presale?

**edit - Nevermind, I answered my own question. It appears to be $75, $125, and $250.

13. Toka

Toka Active Member

Well I just received notice that every single city (and it was a few) I had selected at Roger's site for the pre-order opportunity had come back negative. What a joke. I guess I should have purchased The Wall from iTunes...with AMEX, that is. :thumbsdn:

14. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I got a negatory on my two selections as well. There are $55 seats, which are in the back, of course, but will hopefully be available once the general public sales go on.

15. RipItUp&StrtAgan

RipItUp&StrtAgan New Member

Just got an email saying I'm accepted for the Ottawa pre-sale but there's no prices.

16. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I picked up seats at the $75 level for a group of my friends to see the show at the US Airways Center in Phoenix. We wanted the $99 ones, but couldn't get enough together. I was lucky a friend reminded me about this and fortunately, I have an AMEX card.

17. rb66

rb66 Member

I just picked up pretty good seats for the Vegas show. Thanks to this forum for reminding me about the AMEX pre-sale!

18. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

I've always been a big Waters fan, but I have to agree with you completely.
    Dark Side Tour, Wall Tour... old hat, really, no matter how great the sound and visuals will be.
    And Roger has been saying for years he has two albums' worth of new songs sitting on the shelf he still needs to finish...

19. I got bumped from the pre-sale group for all 5 of my chosen cities (North East). I can picture the quality seats that will be avialable on the 7th for the general public after the bulk buyers get their alottment.:mad:

20. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

Nothing for Boston here.....

21. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Same here, me and some friends were all denied for the presale for Boston. :(

22. Sam

Sam Senior Member

So, I take it you were one of the few individuals on the East or West coast who saw one of the handful of shows PF put on for the Wall "tour?" If you were, you were lucky; if not, how can you be bored at what you didn't see?

23. GLUDFSSR

I was not selected for both shows I picked in So. Cal. good thing I decided to get them on the Amex Pre-sale yesterday.
    Can't even imagine what will be available when they go on sale to the general public, after all these pre-sales.

24. Pappas3278

Pappas3278 Forum Peasant

I was able to score myself 4 tx to the MSG show during the AMEX sale yesterday. Seats are pretty good, in the 200 section, just right of center. I noticed that the price selection for normal, non-VIP seats were only $75 and $125, leaving out the most expensive $250 seats. Even with all these pre-sales, I think there's going to be plenty (well, maybe not plenty) of good seats available for the general sale.

25. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I don't think anything new from Roger would sell out like the Wall. And don't say it's just about the money-----I believe Roger is just giving the fans what they want to see and what many missed back in 1981.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.