Roger Waters to tour The Wall

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GLUDFSSR, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

2. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Pardon me if it has already been posted. What musicians will be in this band besides Roger Waters?

3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

4. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Which I'd like too.

5. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Which I fear as well.

6. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Probably...can't even remember how I got to it. :laugh: The Vancouver show is not on ticketmaster.ca yet so I don't know what the actual prices are.

What's Roger's voice like these days anyhow? I don't want to shell out good money and have him whisper "Run Like Hell".

7. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

It is for certain a broker i.e. scalper, they are synonymous to me. That really p-sses me off that they already know where the seats are that they are selling. A--H--es!

:realmad:

Anyway, back to what matters. The music.

8. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Which I fear as well. Personally (barring new music and a real new "concept" tour) I'd like a pretty straightforward live presentation of the original shows. You can update the lighting, the projections could be digital projectors rather than film, but mostly the same. It's because I couldn't see the spectacle in 1980-81, that I'd like to see it now. As you say, I'll be there, either way.

My worst fear for this tour, would be that he uses a new LED big screen behind the band for new animations, in the style of the animation on the web site, and that no actual Wall is built across the stage. Would he do that? Hope not. I'd pass if he did.

9. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

In lower and mid registers, his voice seemed fine last time I saw him. On high register stuff, he may well be lip synching.

10. rjp

rjp Senior Member

what is this, the third time he's toured for "the wall", or the fourth?

can anyone say "cash cow"?

11. axnyslie

axnyslie Forum Resident

uh, never. Pink Floyd toured The Wall in 1980 in 4 cities. Waters played one Wall show at Berlin in 1990. He was never done a Wall tour until now.

12. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Honestly, it's only the second time it has really been TOURED. In 80 and 81, Pink Floyd did it. There may have been two seperate legs, but it was basically the only times it was played until Roger did the show in Berlin. Then he did the Berlin show, which was only one time, and it was for charity. Now the new tour. It is a cash cow, but, as a live show, it hasn't really been done to death.

13. Toka

Toka Active Member

I've never seen him so I will be sure to attend this tour...looking forward to it!

14. csblue

csblue Forum Resident

I was at that show. It was awesome. Maybe the best live show I have ever seen. It still sticks with me to this day. When the 30-40 foot animation characters came out of the Sports Arena floor and then inflated when they got to full height was just the utmost. The crowd became unglued!
    I was so stoked, at the end of the show I walked down to the stage, grabbed one of the large bricks of the Wall and drug it right out the door with me, never looking back to see if anyone was gonna stop me. I still have it to this day. Just another brick in the Wall! :D

15. csblue

csblue Forum Resident

I don't see Oregon on that list...:sigh:

16. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Isn't there 20-25 states missing?

17. What are you talking about?

18. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Will we be playing something else or just The Wall?

I mean, the live presentation of the album is about 100 min. That's way short by Roger Waters solo standards! :shake:

19. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Sure, he'll do something unusual and play the "Dark Side Of The Moon" album for an encore.

20. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

He's performing it twice at each concert, first in English, then in German.

21. genesisfan

genesisfan Forum Resident

What is David Gilmour doing these days?

22. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Locking his door and turning his phone off.

23. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

24. RemarkablyInsincere

RemarkablyInsincere Active Member

I wonder if Gilmour feels any pangs of jealousy or wanting now that Waters is out there doing arena tours in 2010 while Gilmour hasn't done anything on that scale or larger since 1994.

25. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Any recent word on Rogers plans for a Broadway Wall? Maybe he's doing this partly to convince potential backers that there is still a market for this material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.