Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jblock, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Add Dimebag Darrell,Sebastian Bach, Garth Brooks, Slipknot, Foo Fighters, Rob Zombie, Lenny Kravitz, Motley Crue, Poison, Anthrax, Megadeth, Nine Inch Nails, Weezer, Stone Temple Pilots
    Mike McCready - Pearl Jam "I started playing because of Kiss. I was 11. I had the Kiss lunchbox, everything"
    Kim Thayall - Soundgarden "Kiss is the reason I started playing guitar"
    Jason Newsted - Metallica "On my 14th birthday I wanted a bass guitar. I wanted to be Gene Simmons"
    Comments can be found on Kiss Kollector Online.........

2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I'm not famous like those guys, but I dressed up in Kiss makeup to perform "Beth" at the second-grade talent show, and my college band covered "Rock and Roll All Nite." :righton:

3. Emberglow

Emberglow Senior Member

What a load of bollocks. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is so NOT Rock and Roll. It's just corporate back-slapping and ****-licking.

4. Jackstar74

Jackstar74 Forum Resident

Truth be told Kiss belongs in the HOF (FACT). Need to put your feelings aside that you don't like them

5. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

+1!
    Jann Wenner. 'Nuff said.

6. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

Crap! I knew I should have double-checked before spouting off at the mouth. I remember reading about that too!

Again, thank you for correcting my stupid misinformation. It has been so long since I read about the "She"/"Alive" connection in a mid-90's Guitar Player interview, I just blanked.

I'm not usually this sloppy. I don't know what went wrong (I don't even have anything against Kiss). It's especially embarrassing since I pride myself on being a pretty big PJ fan!

Regardless, I definitely feel I've lost my privilege to comment any further in this thread. I am fairly sick at the moment, but that's still no excuse for not bothering to check my facts.

Sorry...

7. louisville

louisville Peel Slowly and See

Finally, something I can agree with you on.

8. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

As I mentioned earlier, if the Beatles were never on Ed Sullivan, would they have influenced a fraction of the artists that came after them? Possibly not. And many of the artists who cite that specific appearance as an influence (and there are many) don't sound anything like the Beatles whatsoever. Tom Petty and Little Steven are the first two that come to mind and I won't even waste time searching for the rest. And neither of them sound anything like the Beatles at all.

Even if KI$$ were "ordinary" (which most find them not to be), there are plenty of "ordinary" artists in the RNR HOF as it is. Even if you didn't like KI$$, the bar for getting in has been dropped so low, that they would be a shoe-in under any circumstances.

9. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

Well, triple check it because Ace also jammed with them at the Borgata in Atlantic City, NJ on Oct. 1, 2005 on Neil Young's "Rockin' In The Free World." Mike McCready brought Ace onstage and introduced him by saying, "I never would have picked up a guitar if it wasn't for Ace Frehley."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=42501

I would say that props from the guitarist in one of the biggest rock bands in the last 20 years is worth something. And the late Dimebag Darrell from Pantera - the biggest metal band of the 90s (just behind Metallica if you still considered them metal at that point) - had not only Ace's face tattooed on his body, but had his real autograph tattooed as well. I remember the interview they did together for Guitar World in the early 90s vividly when Darrell mentioned he was going to get Ace's autograph tattooed next to the exisiting tattoo of his face in makeup. Who the hell is going to get a tattoo of a band member - and an autograph - if he doesn't love their music?

10. zipzorp

zipzorp Senior Member

Redd Kross, Green Day, Motley, Lenny Kravitz, Weezer, Garth Brooks, Replacements, Goo Goo Dolls, Nirvana, Foo F., Jellyfish, Melvins, STP, Posies, King Diamond, Sonic Youth, more...

11. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Well, for all the arguments about Kiss being in the Hall of Fame, a bigger argument can be made for Alice Cooper, imo. :thumbsup: :cool:

12. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

And as far as Jewish kids being in heavy metal and punk, don't forget the big man, Leslie West.

[​IMG]

13. GMav

GMav Senior Member

I was doing some internet surfing and discovered this info. According to the source I was looking at they seem to say that neither Tony Hicks or Bobby Elliot from the Hollies are going to be at the RnR HOF induction on the 15th of March. They even went on the wonder if Terry Silvester was even going to make it.

Seems that Tony, Bobby and the "current" version of the band have a gig at the London Palladium that same night. I checked the Hollies "official" website and they are playing the Palladium show the day before, on the 14th, then have a break until their next show on the 17th. Could be the source is inaccurate, or the boys just can't find a way to get to the US quickly to make the induction ceremony? Anybody else have any other info that might be more acurate or up to date. I didn't read this whole thread. Sorry. Would love to see the whole gang there. :righton:

14. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Just a reminder that the induction ceremony is being broadcast on FUSE tonight live at 8:30 Eastern/5:30 Pacific.

FUSE and FUSEHD are available in our area on Comcast.

15. Vrinda

Vrinda New Member

The Hollies are not a minor '60s band. They were very influential and commercially successful back then and into the '70s and '80s. In 2010, they still exist and are still touring and recording music.

16. Vrinda

Vrinda New Member

They don't suck, but your negative comments about them in other posts do. They deserved to be in the Hall of Fame, and were highly respected in the music industry and were very talented, verdsatile musicians. Just because they never did hard rock or r&B, that does not mean they are not a rock group and were not influential in rock history. Just go over to YouTube and type "the hollies" in the searchbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.