Revival Audio Atalante 5...my take

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by mreeter, Jun 16, 2023.

1. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

Never trust a Billionaire. Stan Kroenke, born and raised in Missouri….son went and played for Mizzou. Lied about STL and cheated to move Rams back to LA. Hunt also voted with Kroenke to move Rams so he could get more market for his Chiefs. Seems it worked. St.Louis has adopted the Chiefs as their team…I doubt Hunt will leave and it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. If St. Louis sat in a county Like Kansas City sits in Jackson County, the Cardinals would have never left back in the day.But St. Louis and St. Louis county are separate.

mreeter and jonwoody like this.
  2. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

I don't think that either team will be leaving Kansas City, MO. But if something bizarre causes things to go south...I think both teams will end up on the KS side.

jonwoody and mreeter like this.
  3. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

They are only emulating the original 60s design, though grills off the new versions are 100 times better looking. Not so bling with grills on which is how they are designed to be used according to the designer. £2.2K with stands in the UK with a bass driver near as large as Atalante 5. More usable in small to medium sized rooms.

4. struggler

struggler Well-Known Member

I d/l this program from android phone (Resonance - vibration analysis) . To measure vibration.

[​IMG]

And use 2 tracks in order at nights to burning woofers. These are the tracks

[​IMG]

Using the 20hz tone had this result.

[​IMG]

And the second one, this

[​IMG]

The method was to put the phone on the speaker and press record button while play these tracks.

I don't understand fully what this results mean, but I must say that when those tracks playing I feel vibrations if I put my hand on the top of the speaker. Maybe it's the stands, should have that vibrations....? If anyone knows let's explain me.

jonwoody likes this.
  5. struggler

Where are you guyssss 2 weeks?

6. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Since we're back to the top with this thread, I'll chime in regarding my recent experience with the A3's...

Before last week, I would've told you that I don't find them overly sensitive to placement. That is until @mreeter came over and helped me get things dialed in. Now, I'm loving the sound more than ever!

7. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident Thread Starter

Happy to help :righton: we all love good sound, the A3's are providing just that :agree:

8. SBaradaran

SBaradaran Forum Resident

Very odd that the A5s were at AXPONA and were placed on the floor in a room. No Stand, not even the little floor stand that tilts the speaker on an angle.

9. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

I could have sworn they were on some angled risers at least. I just did an image search and there wasn't a very clear picture but I think you're correct. That is strange.

jonwoody likes this.
  10. SBaradaran

Here is the picture that avanti posted:

[​IMG]

jonwoody and mreeter like this.
  11. mreeter

The A5's come from the factory with a large diameter Dowell attached to the lower front of the cabinet, the 5's pictured are on the Dowells. To attach the stands you have to remove the Dowell. The factory stands bolt directing to the cabinets for a very solid foundation.

jonwoody and aorecords like this.
  12. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Dowells appear to be missing. Speakers should tilt back a little to fire upwards from the floor.

jonwoody, Rick58 and mreeter like this.
  13. mreeter

I believe you could be right, I just assumed they were on the stock dowels as that's the only way I've ever seen them setup without stands.

jonwoody likes this.
  14. SBaradaran

Yeah my point was they didn't even use the factory supplied dowels. If they did you would would see them in the photo and the speaker would be angled up slightly.

Kyhl, jonwoody, Rick58 and 1 other person like this.
  15. mreeter

I hadn't noticed this until after taking a closer look at the pic :shh: You don't suppose the vender thought they had everything loaded, but forgot the stands? Or just didn't have enough room in the truck and said "oh, what the hell" :winkgrin:

jonwoody likes this.
  16. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

Very strange and very, very disappointing if that was the case. They don’t look like the dowels are there. I would’ve really been pi$$ed if I had gone all the way to Chicago for this and they were set up like that.

did anyone else have the A5s set up?

(was this in the Tone Imports room?)

PS/edit: it looks like they are on the dowels at least in this picture …
    Favorite AXPONA Rooms

I still haven’t figured out what room this was, maybe tone imports had the only pair there?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    mreeter and jonwoody like this.
  17. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Hey struggler not sure how a phone could accurately measure vibrations? Are you liking the sound your getting? And what stands are you using?

18. mreeter

This the same room as the pic that looks as if the dowels are not in place. Must just be the angle of the picture was taken. I have to admit I've never listened to mine off the Stands, maybe I'm missing out.

jonwoody and Rick58 like this.
  19. struggler

I have the original stands, yes of course i am. but always there is a better sound to achieve.....

jonwoody likes this.
  20. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I just wish I could hear these speakers.
    No dealers anywhere near here

jonwoody, Rick58 and mreeter like this.
  21. SBaradaran

Yeah you can see them in the picture. Maybe the original pic was misleading, or they added them later.

jonwoody, mreeter and Rick58 like this.
  22. Real playback

Real playback Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. At first I thought I was missing some treble only to realise that it is true to the recording but never sounding harsh.

23. Real playback

Real playback Well-Known Member

Have you tried placing them slight more forward and a little closer together to the outer edge of the rug with a less toe-in ? also try swapping the speakers around so the tweeters are on the outer most part. Placement is not to critical but dialing them in will improve things. The stands also could do with some damping which helped me a little as they do ring slightly. You may should also try having one speaker (left) slightly more to the left almost in line with the edge of the T.V because your ceiling has a sharp angle rake to the right hand side of your room.
    Let me know what you think.

24. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

That's Tone's room and they did have the dowels in place on the A5s (just an odd angle on that picture to make them look like they are flat).

I actually like running the A5's in "floor" mode here. If you have a large space, it does seem to increase the low end presence a bit this way.

25. SBaradaran

That is interesting. I've never run mine in Floor mode - I should have tried that at first. Getting the stands on was a bit of an ordeal so too much work to try it :(

GoldprintAudio, jonwoody and mreeter like this.