REVIEW: my new Spin-Clean

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by action pact, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Sutter

Michael Sutter Forum Resident

If you get the rollers wet, or the slots that they sit in wit, or both, you'll find that the rollers move a lot better and won't pop out. They need some sort of lubrication otherwise the friction will make them pop out.

2. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

I will try that for my next session and report either way. Thank you

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  3. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

Will try that, but would steer away from any "lubrication" which might adversely affect the efficacy of the solution and/or leave a deposit on the brushes and LPs.

4. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

I think he was saying the water acts as a lubricant.

Rockin' Robby and marcb like this.
  5. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

What a gracious offer! Thank you! But no need....it's only one record. Preciate it though.

Bill Hart likes this.
  6. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

The only issue I had with new vinyl was the one that used the Record Doctor-V cleaning solution on. I never let cleaning fluid dry....I vacuum it off. The minty used vinyl I purchase as well as the other dirty used vinyl I spoke about earlier and clean hve no issues either.

Morbius likes this.
  7. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

In the case of the LAST you apply it with a brush while the record is on the turntable and air drying is the only alternative. With the Spin Clean its the supplied cotton cloths then an air dry in a rack. Not about to get into the vacuum thing since I believe in favor of the opinion of some authorities in the Hi Fi and vinyl record producing industries that record cleaning is way over done and I try to keep it strictly to a dry brushing before each play. Even that I keep to a minimum by applying the brush to the record and rotating the platter one revolution manually with the opposite hand. My records are always clean and quiet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.