Rega Apheta MC Cartridge

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by rpd, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beowulf

beowulf Forum Resident

So seems like the lower the better ... does even Rega's Aria go low enough for it's own mc cart?

2. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Don't have one, but thought it was sounding excellent on a RP10 at the Hi Fi show last weekend and Rega were using their own components which probably totaled less than a single amp being used with some of the other decks I heard. Obviously you can't make a critical judgement hearing something in a hotel room playing through amps and speakers you aren't familiar with, but for me it was probably the best sounding vinyl set up I heard. I'd also add that although I own several Rega arms I'm not a fan of most of their decks or their MM carts, my one concern is that the RP10 doesn't look like a £3,000 deck, even if it sounds like one, I get it, but I'm sure some potential buyers will be tempted by more flashy offerings, as for the cart if you can get one for £600 in a package with a deck then it's a bargain.

3. rpd

rpd Senior Member Thread Starter

OK

Just ordered an Apheta to go with my Aria and P9.... Can you say Rega????

4. Mr Olsen

Mr Olsen Granddanois

I just bought a Rega rp8 store fitted with an Apheta 2 cartridge but I can't find any information on the riaa settings to use with this new model cartridge? The same as the "old" Apheta?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.