Rediscovering Rod Stewart and FACES: Sometimes I have a fun job.....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob LoVerde

Rob LoVerde New Member

The UK poster is BIGGER than the US poster???

How is this possible? The US one is HUUUUUUUUGE!

2. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

Were can I find Steve's version of this? Is it still in print?

Thanks,

Seth

3. Rob LoVerde

Rob LoVerde New Member

Check dccblowout.com or amusicdirect.com. This goes for reasonable money, sealed. Vinyl only.

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Steve, don't think i'm ignoring any of this! I live for this mastering stuff. I would give a lot to be one! I believe I have what it takes, too!

Whatever, anyway, keep those stories and pieces of information coming! I love it! :goodie:

5. BRush

BRush Senior Member

Steve, I just checked my Import copy of "Nod" and it was pressed in West Germany. I A/B'ed it against my US White Label Promo and the German Copy sounds a lot better. Ronnie Wood's guitar sounds more nasty and Ronnie Lane's bass has more definition.

6. Rob LoVerde

Rob LoVerde New Member

I just measured the poster from the US LP issue. 4 feet high, 3 feet wide...

It's one-sided, and it appears to be "censored", but I don't know if the UK one is too.

Can anyone confirm?

Little sidebar: The artwork designer is the same guy that designed the cover of The Who's TOMMY: Mike McInnerney.

7. My copy of A Nod... is a U.S. cutout. My Snakes And Ladders LP is an original U.K. pressing, on the Burbank label.

8. Greatest Hits

Greatest Hits Just Another Compilation

Wouldn't You Know It?
    The one day I don't check out the board! :realmad: Just Kiddin' :p

9. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Check early, check often! ;)

10. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Kinney Corp.? You mean like Kinney, the shoe people?

Boy, there sure were some awfully strange corporate partnerships back then.

11. BIG ED

BIG ED Forum Resident

CLEAN!

12. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Nope, not the shoe people. But it's even more bizarre: Kinney had its roots in the funeral business! Warner was an acquisition for Kinney National Service (a conglomerate of service-related businesses), buying it from 7 Arts in 1969.

13. paulg61

paulg61 Senior Member

That's perfect - we all know that one of Rod's first jobs was a grave digger!

14. Just ask that guy (unnamed legendary engineer at Capitol) - the analog sound of those tapes keeps you from hearing the original performance! Excessive NR and EQ rocks the house! It's so 2004!!!! It's even on "audiophile" product like XRCDs and HDCDs.

I'm calm now. Only us fools on the forum seem to feel the way that you do Steve. Everybody else has to plug in every hardware and software toy in the mastering suite to get the "desired Effect" aka suck the life out of it. Friends tell me all the time I should be an engineer, not an illustrator/retoucher. I couldn't stand to be in the same room with all the "modern" engineers in today's music biz. I'd kill 'em.

15. Greatest Hits

Greatest Hits Just Another Compilation

:eek: PSYCHO :help:

jk :D

16. jonifan

jonifan New Member

OK So I'm a little confused. This Faces CD is going to be released on Gold on what label? Someone PM if there is a shot at wholesale direct from this label. Cheers fred
    PS Indeed very happy to see this being available on Gold. I am actually in the crowd on the covershot that was taken at the Sam Houston Collesium in Houston, of course, more years ago that I want to admit to remembering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.