Record Store Day 2011

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bryan, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

I just heard that last night myself. Cool!

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Really pumped about the Flaming Lips & Fleetwood Mac releases.

3. Buckyball

Buckyball Forum Resident

This Big Star release looks very cool. A reissue of the original running order of Third, and five copies will have an original 1975 test pressing inside instead of the reproduction.

4. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

This caught my attention, too. I'm a huge Adams fan, and I am not optimistic about snagging something in such a limited edition.

I HATE, HATE, HATE super-limited editions....

5. serge

serge Forum Resident

what is the ryan adams release?

6. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

2x7" of Cardinology outtakes.

7. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr. Thread Starter

I'm not a fan, but I'll be damned if that isn't one of the coolest ideas ever!:thumbsup:

8. serge

serge Forum Resident

they just found five test pressings lying around?

9. Buckyball

Buckyball Forum Resident

They belonged to a band member (Jody Stephens).

10. serge

serge Forum Resident

well thats what i want.. a big star third test pressin!

11. mixtress

mixtress Member

Gorillaz to release 'The Fall' on vinyl for Record Store Day

Gorillaz fan club download - The Fall, is now set to be released on 180gm vinyl for Record Store Day on 16th April and also on CD and digital download on 18th April 2011 by Parlophone.

The album was created throughout the Gorillaz 19 date North American Tour last autumn. Recorded on a daily basis in various hotels and venues, The Fall, is a sonic diary of that journey.

A download of The Fall was originally gifted to members of the Gorillaz fan club on December 25, 2010. The 15-track album produced by Gorillaz and Stephen Sedgwick.

Full track listing for The Fall:

1. Phoner To Arizona
    2. Revolving Doors
    3. HillBilly Man
    4. Detroit
    5. Shy-town
    6. Little Pink Plastic Bags
    7. The Joplin Spider
    8. The Parish of Space Dust
    9. The Snake In Dallas
    10. Amarillo
    11. The Speak It Mountains
    12. Aspen Forest
    13. Bobby In Phoenix ' featuring Bobby Womack
    14. California And The Slipping Of The Sun
    15. Seattle Yodel

12. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Very, very cool. Looks like I'll be getting to J&R quite early that day.

13. Bryan

The big day is about a month away and the list of US releases still hasn't been announced. Obviously we know a bunch of them already, via the international lists and artist announcements, but it would still be nice to have the official list.

14. Spyder

Spyder Official vinyl solicitor and connoisseur.

Lots of gray area on what is an "official" RSD release, or what's a commerical release coming out on April 16, etc. Every one-stop and distributor will have different releases. For example, this is the list my company has (we are not carrying at least half of what is coming out):

13th Floor Elevators - Wait For My Love / May The Circle Remain Unbroken [7''] (Green Vinyl, limited to 1000)
    Architecture in Helsinki - Places Like This [LP] (Pink 180 Gram Vinyl, includes download of album plus 3 bonus videos, limited to 500, indie-exclusive)
    Bad Brains - Pay To Cum! / Stay Close To Me [7''] (Limited to 1500, BB's debut 7 inch from 1980)
    Beady Eye (Oasis) - Beady Eye Exclusive [3x7'' Box Set] (includes download, poster, limited to 2000)
    Belle Brigade, The - The Belle Brigade [LP]
    Bibio/Clark - Willenhall/Baskerville Grinch [split 12''] (limited to 500)
    Black Angels - Phosgene Nightmare [10''] (White Vinyl, limited to 5000)
    Black Angels, The - Another Nice Pair [LP] (Red Vinyl, includes download, limited to 3,000 for indie-retail only)
    Boris - Attention Please [LP] (includes poster, in gatefold, limited to 3500)
    Bouncing Souls - Live At Generation Records [LP] (limited to 1000 - URP is only getting 12 copies!!)
    Busdriver - ATM [7''] (Baby Blue Vinyl, includes download, limited to 1000, 2 new tracks, indie-exclusive)
    Caribou - Swim (Remixes) [12''] (Limited to 1000, includes remix by Gold Panda, plus 14-track download)
    Civil Wars, The - Dance Me to the End of Love [7''] (limited to 1000)
    Clouds - B Chuggas May Be Logging [LP] (includes download, limited to 200)
    CSC Funk Band - A Troll's Soiree [7'']
    Daedelus - Tailor-Made [12''] (limited to 150)
    dB's - Picture Sleeve [7''] (first new material from the band in over 20 years!!!)
    Deerhoof - Friend Opportunity [LP] (Clear Green 180 Gram Vinyl with bonus track, includes download, limited to 1000, Deerhoof's best-selling album, indie-exclusive)
    Deerhoof / Xiu Xiu - Almost Xiu Xiu, Almost Deerhoof [7''] (Orange Vinyl, includes download, limited to 2000, indie-exclusive)
    Discordance Axis - The Inalienable Dreamless [LP] (limited to 300)
    Eric Clapton - Unplugged [2 LP] (180 Gram Vinyl)
    Fan Modine - Gratitude for the Shipper [2 LP] (150 Gram Vinyl, silkscreen artwork, limited to 100)
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [2 LP] (180 Gram 45 RPM, original analog masters, limited to 3500)
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [LP] (180 Gram Vinyl)
    Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma Alt. Takes [LP] (limited to 750)
    Freddy King - Wash Out / Butterscotch [7''] (Red Vinyl, Limited Edition of 1000, alternate takes)
    Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger, The (Sean Lennon & Charlotte Kemp Muhl) - La Carotte Bleue [LP] (Limited to 500, in tip-on sleeve, includes download)
    Glassjaw - Worship And Tribute [LP]
    Glenn Jones / Black Twig Pickers with Charlie Parr - Even to Win Is to Fail / EastMont Syrup [Split LP] (limited to 1000, includes download and insert with lyrics and recipes)
    Head And The Heart, The - The Head And The Heart [LP] (tip-on gatefold)
    Iggy and The Stooges - Raw Power LIVE: In The Hands Of The Fans [LP] (180 Gram Vinyl, live at All Tomorrows Parties in Sept 2010)
    In Tall Buildings - Warm Rock [7'']
    International Submarine Band feat. Gram Parsons - Safe At Home [LP+7''] (Limited Edition of 1000, 180 Gram MONO Edition, includes bonus 7'')
    Javelin - Canyon Candy [10''] (hand-printed and embossed jacket, limited to 750)
    Javelin - Coleridge/Colleagues [7''] (Clear Vinyl in mylar sleeve, limited to 400)
    Jimi Hendrix - South Saturn Delta [2 LP] (180 Gram Vinyl)
    Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - I Love Rock & Roll [LP] (Clear 180 Gram Vinyl, includes Download Card, limited to 1000)
    Joan of Arc presents - Don't Mind Control [LP] (Blue 180 Gram Vinyl, download for album plus bonus live show album, poster, limited to 500, gatefold, indie-exclusive)
    John Mayall and Eric Clapton - Lonely Years / Bernard Jenkins [7''] (Limited Edition of 1000, rare 1965 recordings, in mono)
    Kate Bush - Hounds Of Love: Collector's Edition EP [10''] (Pink 120 Gram Vinyl, Limited to 1000)
    Kode9 & The Spaceape - Otherman / Love Is The Drug (ft Cha Cha) [12''] (limited to 100)
    Mates of State - Team Boo [LP] (Dark Red 180 Gram Vinyl, includes album download plus 5 bonus tracks, limited to 500, indie-exclusive)
    Midlake - Am I Going Insane [12''] (limited to 1500)
    Mighty Clouds - Mighty Clouds [LP] (180 Gram Vinyl, includes album download plus bonus sampler, limited to 500, first time available to retail, indie-exclusive)
    Mitchell and Manley - Norcal Values: Guitar Solos [EP] (includes download, limited to 1000, feats. Phil Manley of Trans Am)
    Nada Surf - The Moon Is Calling [7''] (limited to 850)
    Neurosis (with Steve Albini) - Sovereign [LP] (limited to 600)
    of Montreal - The Past is a Grotesque Animal [12''] (180 Gram Black Vinyl, includes download, limited to 700, indie-exclusive)
    OFF! - Live At Generation Records [7'']
    Omar Rodriguez Lopez - Telesterion [4 LP] (Box Set includes 20pg book, bonus track, download, limited to 500)
    Os Mutantes - Everything is Possible: World Psychedelic Classics 1 [LP] (180 Gram Vinyl, limited to 750)
    Oval / Liturgy - split LP [LP] (limited to 1000, includes download)
    Owen - O, Evelyn... / Girlfriend in a Coma (Smiths cover) [7''] (includes download, limited to 2000, indie-exclusive)
    Oxbow - King Of The Jews [LP] (includes download, limited to 300)
    Pink Floyd - London 1966/1967 [LP] (180 Gram White Vinyl, limited to 1500, in gatefold)
    Polvo - Celebrate The New Dark Age [LP] (Autographed 180 Gram Vinyl, includes download, limited to 400)
    Prurient - Many Jewels Surround The Crown [7''] (limited to 300)
    Red Krayola, The - Hurricane Fighter Plane / Pink Stainless Tail [7''] (Yellow vinyl, limited to 1000)
    Right Now, The - If I Wanted To b/w I Am Who I Say I Am [7''] (limited to 300 for retail)
    Ryan Adams & the Cardinals - Class Mythology EP [2x7''] (one Yellow one Orange Vinyl, includes poster, limited to 2500)
    Shuggie Otis - Inspiration Information: World Psychedelic Classics 2 [2 LP] (180 Gram Vinyl, limited to 1000)
    Skysaw - No On Can Tell / Serated [7''] (new band from Jimmy Chamberlin of Smashing Pumpkins)
    Smoke Fairies - Strange Moon Rising / Hotel Room [7''] (Colored Vinyl, limited to 500)
    Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Broom [LP] (White 180 Gram Vinyl with 3 bonus tracks, includes download with 2 bonus tracks, poster, limited to 500, indie-exclusive)
    Steve Gunn / Ilyas Ahmed - split 7 inch [7''] (limited to 800 of which 200 random copies will be on clear vinyl, includes download)
    Superchunk - Here's Where The Strings Come In [LP] (180 Gram Vinyl, includes download of never-before-released bonus materials)
    Therapies Son - Over The Sea EP [10''] (limited to 400)
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers [LP] (White Colored Vinyl)
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - You're Gonna Get It [LP] (Blue Colored Vinyl)
    Urge Overkill - Effigy b/w The Kids Are Insane [7''] (limited to 1000)
    Various Artists - A Tribute to Guided By Voices: Sing for Your Meat [2 LP] (Mixed Color Vinyl, bonus 6 song digital EP, poster, gatefold)
    Various Artists - Kill Rock Stars [LP] (screen-printed, hand-numbered limited to 2000)
    Various Artists - Parlophone Record Store Day [4x7'' Box Set] (numbered and limited to 3000)
    Various Artists - Portable Shrines Magical Sound Theatre Vol. 1 [2 LP] (includes download, limited to 1000)
    Velvet Underground - Foggy Notion / I Can't Stand It [7''] (Limited Edition of 1000, lost sessions tracks)
    Vivian Girls - I Heard You Say / I Won’t Be Long [7''] (includes download, limited to 2000, includes exclusive b-side, indie-exclusive)
    Wavves / Trash Talk - Thorns / TV Luv Song [split 7''] (limited to 500)
    White Mystery - Blood & Venom [LP] (Limited to 1000)
    Wild Flag - Future Crimes [7''] (includes download)
    William Elliott Whitmore / P.O.S. - Split [7''] (limited to 1500, URP is only getting 75 copies)
    Wiz Khalifa - Rolling Papers [2 LP] (includes the hit ''Black & Yellow'')
    Yardbirds, The - Goodnight Sweet Josephine / Think About It [7''] (Limited Edition of 2000, the band's final single from 1967)

========================

I believe this is the official list (or close to it) for the US:

13th Floor Elevators - Wait For My Love - 7" vinyl
    A Day To Remember - All I Want - 7" Colored Vinyl - Limited to 2000
    AC/DC - Shoot To Thrill / War Machine - 7" Vinyl
    Adele - Rolling in the Deep (Jamie XX Shuffle)/Rolling In the Deep (Live at World Café) - 10" vinyl
    Amberlin - Cities - vinyl - Limited to 1000
    Architecture In Helsinki - Places Like This
    Bad Brains - Pay To Cum - 7 " vinyl
    Bad Brains - God Of Love (RSD Exclusive)(w/Bonus 7") - Limited to 2,000
    Beach Boys - Good Vibrations/heros & Villians - vinyl single - Limited to 5000
    Beady Eye - Beady Eye Exclusive 7-Inch Vinyl Box Set - 3x 7" Vinyl Singles - Limited to 2000
    Belle Brigade - The Belle Brigade (Vinyl) - Limited to 1,000
    Between the Buried and Me - The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogs - 12" Vinyl EP - Limited to 1000
    Bibio/Clark - Willenhall/Baskerville Grinch - Split 12 inch - SI - Limited to 500
    Black Angels - Phosgene Nightmare - 10" white Vinyl - Limited to 5000
    Black Angels - Another Nice Pair - 12" Vinyl
    Black Twig Pickers/Glenn Jones - Split LP - LP - Limited to 300
    Blitzen Trapper - Maybe Baby b/w Soul Singer
    Boris - Attention Please - LP - Limited to 3500
    Built To Spill - Ripple (Picture Disc)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,000
    Busdriver - ATM
    Caribou - Swim Remixes
    Case, Neko - Record Store Day T-Shirt Mens Brown (Large) - Limited to TBD
    Case, Neko - Record Store Day T-Shirt Mens Brown (Medium) - Limited to TBD
    Case, Neko - Record Store Day T-Shirt Mens Brown (Small) - Limited to TBD
    Case, Neko - Record Store Day T-Shirt Mens Brown (X-Large) - Limited to TBD
    Case, Neko - Record Store Day T-Shirt Womens Brown (Large) - Limited to TBD
    Case, Neko - Record Store Day T-Shirt Womens Brown (Medium) - Limited to TBD
    Case, Neko - Record Store Day T-Shirt Womens Brown (Small) - Limited to TBD
    Circa Survive - Appendage (Oxblood Colored Vinyl)(Web, Tour and RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 2,000
    Circa Survive - Appendage (Web, Tour and RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 2,400
    Civil Wars - Dance Me to the End of Love - 7" Vinyl - Limited to 1000
    Clapton, Eric - Unplugged (2LP 180 Gram Vinyl) - Limited to 3,500
    Clouds - B Chuggas May Be Logging 12" - LP - Limited to 200
    Country Joe & The Fish - Electric Music for the Mind and Body - LP - Limited to 1000
    CSC Funk Band - A Troll's Soiree - 7" Vinyl - Limited to Unlimited
    Cults - Abducted / Go Outside (remix) - 7" Vinyl
    Daedelus - Tailor-Made - 12 inch - SI - Limited to 150
    dB's - Picture Sleeve - 7" Vinyl - Limited to Unlimited
    Death Cab For Cutie - Atlantic Records Presents: Death Cab for Cutie In Living Stereo! (RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,200
    Decemberists - Live at Bull Moose - cd - Limited to 2500
    Deerhoof - Friend Opportunity
    Deerhoof / Xiu Xiu - Almost Xiu Xiu, Almost Deerhoof
    Deerhunter - Memory Boy
    Deftones - Covers (RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 2,465
    Dengue Fever - Cannibal Courtship - LP
    Dennen, Brett - B Side To The D Side
    Dennis Coffee - Uniquitous - 7" Vinyl - Limited to 250
    Derek & The Dominos - Got to Get Better/Layla - 7" - Limited to 2500 in US
    Dio - Killing the Dragon - 12" Vinyl LP - Limited to 2000
    Discordance Axis - The Inalienable Dreamless LP - LP - Limited to 300
    Ditto, Beth - Side A: I Wrote the Book/Good Night Good Morning Side B: Open Heart Surgery/Do You Need Someone - 12" EP
    Doe, John & Jill Sobule - A Day at the Pass - CD - Limited to 2000
    Dom - Things Change/Jesus - 10" vinyl - Limited to 1000
    Doors - Riders On The Storm(Stereo)/Riders On The Storm(Mono) (RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 2,500
    Duff McKagan's Loaded - The Taking - LP
    Duran Duran - Girl Panic - 7"
    Dylan, Bob - Bob Dylan In Concert: Brandeis University 1963 - LP
    Earle, Justin Townes - Move Over Mama b/w Racing In The Streets
    Earle, Steve - I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive - 7" Colored Vinyl - Limited to 2000
    Esben And The Witch - Chorea EP
    Fan Modine - Gratitude for the Shipper - 12" Double Vinyl (150 g) - Limited to 100
    Fela Kuti & the Africa '70 - Monday Morning In Lagos Parts 1 & 2 - 7" Vinyl - Limited to 1500
    Fistful of Mercy - Fistful of Mercy - 12"
    Fitzsimmons, William - Gold In The Shadow
    Flaming Lips - All We Have Is Now Book Vol. 1 (RSD Exclusive)
    Flaming Lips - Heady Nuggs: The First 5 Warner Bros. Records 1992-2002 (RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 5,790
    Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues b/w Grown Ocean
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (Vinyl 33 & 1/3 RPM) - Limited to 3,000
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (Deluxe)(2LP 180 Gram Vinyl 45RPM) - Limited to 2,000
    Flogging Molly - Don't Shut 'Em Down - 7" Vinyl - Limited to 2000
    Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma Alt Takes - LP - Limited to 750
    Foo Fighters - Medium Rare - LP 120 gram
    Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand Record Store Day Exclusive
    Freddy King - "Wash Out" - 7 " vinyl
    Frustrators - Griller
    ****ed Up - Town Comp
    Glassjaw - Worship And Tribute (Vinyl) - Limited to 1,000
    Gordon, Mike - Moss Remixes
    Gordon, Mike - Inside In
    Gorillaz - The Fall - LP - Limited to 2000
    Grateful Dead - Grateful Dead (Mono)(180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,000
    Green Day / Hüsker Dü - Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely (Orange Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,790
    Grinderman - Palaces Of Montezuma
    Grinderman - Evil
    Gucci Mane - Ice Cream Face T-Shirt Black (XS)(RSD Exclusive)
    Gucci Mane - Ice Cream Face T-Shirt Black (S)(RSD Exclusive)
    Gucci Mane - Ice Cream Face T-Shirt Black (M)(RSD Exclusive)
    Gucci Mane - Ice Cream Face T-Shirt Black (L)(RSD Exclusive)
    Gucci Mane - Ice Cream Face T-Shirt Black (XL)(RSD Exclusive)
    Gucci Mane - Ice Cream Face T-Shirt Black (2X)(RSD Exclusive)
    Gucci Mane - Ice Cream Face T-Shirt Black (3X)(RSD Exclusive)
    Gunn, Steve and Ilyas Ahmed - Split 7 inch - 7I - Limited to 200
    Hank III - Damn Right Rebel Proud (2LP 180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 340
    Hank III - Lovesick, Broke & Driftin' (180 Gram vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 340
    Hank III - Rebel Within (180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 340
    Hank III - Risin' Outlaw (180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 340
    Hank III - Straight To Hell (2LP 180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 340
    Head And The Heart - The Head And The Heart - Limited to 7,500
    Head And The Heart - The Head And The Heart - Limited to 1,000
    Hendrix, Jimi - "Fire"/"Touch You"(previously unreleased) - 7" Vinyl
    Hendrix, Jimi - "Fire"/"Touch You"(previously unreleased)/"Cat Talking To Me - CD single
    Hollywood Undead - American Tragedy - 12" picture
    In This Moment - The Promise - Cd single - Limited to 1000
    International Submarine Band *w Gram Parsons * - Safe At Home LP plus:/"Truck Driving Man" b/w "The Russians Are Coming" - vinyl LP plus 7" single
    Jackson, Michael - "Hollywood Tonight / Behind The Mask" - 7" Vinyl
    James Blake - James Blake - LP
    Javelin - Canyon Candy - 10 inch - LP - Limited to 750
    Javelin - Coleridge/Colleagues - 7 inch - 7I - Limited to 400
    Jenny And Johnny / Gram Parsons & The Fallen Angels featuring Emmylou Harris - Love Hurts (Light Blue Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,450
    Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American (Zia Coachella Store Exclusive)(3LP) - Limited to 100
    Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American-Deluxe (3LP) - Limited to 1,500
    Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - I Love Rock & Roll (Limited Edition) - 12" Clear Vinyl 180g + Download Card - Limited to 1000
    Joan Of Arc - Presents: Don't Mind Control
    Job for a Cowboy - Ruination - 10" Green Vinyl LP - Limited to 1000
    Job for a Cowboy - Ruination - 10" Orange Vinyl LP - Limited to 1000
    Job for a Cowboy - Ruination - 10" Red Vinyl LP - Limited to 1000
    John Fahey - Requia & other Compostions for Guitar Solo - LP - Limited to 1000
    John Hammond - So Many Road - LP - Limited to 1000
    John Leguizamo - Freak - DVD
    John Mayall/ Eric Clapton - "Lonely Years" - 7 " vinyl
    Joy Formidible - Whirring/Chwyrlio (RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 2,000
    Kate Bush - Hounds of Love - 10" colored vinyl - Limited to 1000
    Khalifa, Wiz - Rolling Papers (2LP) - Limited to 3,000
    Kills - Satellite
    Kings of Leon - Holy Roller Novocaine - 10" Red Vinyl
    Kode9 & The Spaceape - Otherman / Love Is The Drug (ft Cha Cha) - 12 inch - SI - Limited to 100
    Lady GaGa - Born This Way - 12" picture
    Lamontagne, Ray - Live Fall 2010 - 12" Vinyl (180 gram) - Limited to 3000
    Lower Dens - Deer Knives b/w Tangiers
    Machine Head - The Black Procession (10" Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 1,000
    Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math / The Plan - 7" Vinyl
    Manhattan Murder Mystery - Manhattan Murder Mystery
    Mars Volta - Octahedron Puzzle (RSD Exclusive)
    Mastodon - Live At The Aragon (2LP 180 Gram Vinyl w/Bonus DVD)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,000
    Mastodon / ZZ Top - Just Got Paid (Yellow Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,540
    Mates Of State - Team Boo
    Matt & Kim - Block After Block - 7" Vinyl - Limited to 1000
    Matt Costa - Songs We Sing - LP
    Midlake - Am I Going Insane - 12 inch - SI - Limited to 1500
    Mighty Clouds - Mighty Clouds
    Mississippi John Hurt - The Immortal - LP - Limited to 1000
    Mitchell and Manley - Norcal Values - LP - Limited to 300
    Mona - Listen to Your Love/All This Time - 7"
    Mumford & Sons - Dharohar Project, Laura Marling and Mumford & Sons - 10" Vinyl EP - Limited to 3500
    My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) (Record Store Day Exclusive)(7" Picture Disc)(Limited Edition) - Limited to 2,000
    My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges - 12" Double Vinyl Picture Disc + Download Card - Limited to 400
    My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves - 12" Double Vinyl Picture Disc + Download Card - Limited to 400
    My Morning Jacket - Z - 12" Double Vinyl Picture Disc + Download Card - Limited to 400
    Nada Surf - The Moon Is Calling - 7 inch - 7I - Limited to 850
    Nathaniel Rateliff - Shroud - 7"
    Neurosis - Sovereign LP - LP - Limited to 600
    New Pornographers - Moves
    New York Dolls - Dancing Backward in High Heels - LP
    New York Dolls - Fool For You Baby - 7"
    Nickel Creek - Nickel Creek - LP - Limited to 2500
    Nickel Creek - This Side - LP - Limited to 2500
    Nickel Creek - Why Should The Fire Die - LP - Limited to 2500
    Nirvana - Hormoaning - LP - Limited to 6000 worldwide
    Of Montreal - The Past Is A Grotesque Animal
    Off! - Live at Generation Records - 7" vinyl
    Opeth - The Throat Of Winter (RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 1,000
    Orbison, Roy - Only The Lonely (mono)/Oh, Pretty Woman (live from Holland) - 7" Vinyl
    Os Mutantes - Everything is Possible: World Psychedelic Classics 1 - LP - Limited to 750
    Osbourne, Ozzy - Blizzard Of Oz - LP
    Osbourne, Ozzy - Diary Of A Madman - LP
    Osbourne, Ozzy - Flyin' High/I Don't Know (Live) - 7" Vinyl
    Otis, Shuggie - Inspiration Information: World Psychedelic Classics 2 - LP - Limited to 1000
    Oval/Liturgy - Split LP - LP - Limited to 400
    Owen - O, Evelyn
    Oxbow - King Of The Jews - LP - Limited to 300
    Panda Bear - Tomboy Vinyl/T-Shirt Bundle Blue (Large) - Limited to TBD
    Panda Bear - Tomboy Vinyl/T-Shirt Bundle Blue (Med) - Limited to TBD
    Paul Simon - So Beautiful Or So What - LP
    Pearl Jam - Vs. - LP
    Pearl Jam - Vitalogy - 2 LP
    Pearl Jam - "Immortality" bw/The Frogs "Rearviewmirror" - 7" Vinyl
    Phish - Phish: Two Soundchecks
    Piebald - Vol I-III Triple Gatefold 3LP Special Edition
    Pink Floyd - London 66/67 - vinyl LP
    Polvo - Celebrate The New Dark Age
    Prurient - Many Jewels Surround The Crown - 7 inch - 7I - Limited to 300
    Queen - Keep Yourself Alive - 7"
    R.E.M. - R.E.M. THREE: First Three Singles from Collapse Into Now (RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,250
    Rancid - Let The Dominoes Fall - Collector's Edition
    Red Hot Chili Peppers / The Ramones - Havana Affair (Red Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,585
    "Republic Tigers - Merrymake It With Me/
    Whale Fight (RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 1,500"
    Republic Tigers - No Land's Man EP (Record Store Day Exclusive) - Limited to 1,500
    Rise Against - Join the Ranks - 7" Vinyl - Limited to 800
    Rival Schools - Wring It Out/Choose Your Adventure (RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 1,500
    Robbie Robertson - How to Be Clairvoyant - 2LP
    Rodriguez Lopez, Omar - Telesterion - CD - Limited to 2000
    Rodriguez Lopez, Omar - Telesterion - LP - Limited to 500
    Roky Erickson & The Black Angels - Night of the Vampire - DVD
    Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar - 7" - Limited to 5000 in US
    Rush - Caravan/BU2B (RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,000
    Russell, Arthur - World of Echo
    Ryan Adams & the Cardinals - Class Mythology EP - 7" Double colored vinyl - Limited to 2500
    Saddiq, Raphael - Radio / Can't Jig Anymore - 7" Vinyl
    Sennen - Age Of Denial
    Silverstein - Support Your Local Record Store
    Skip James - Today! - LP - Limited to 1000
    Skysaw - No On Can Tell / Serated - 7" Vinyl - Limited to Unlimited
    Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Broom
    Sonic Youth - Whore's Moaning: Oz '93 Tour Edition - LP - Limited to 6000 worldwide
    Soundtrack - TRON Translucence - 10" picture
    Spektor, Regina - Four From Far (Powder Blue Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,350
    Springsteen, Bruce and E Street Band - Gotta Get The Feeling / Racing In The Street - 10" Vinyl
    Submarines - Love Notes / Letter Bombs
    Superchunk - Here's Where the Strings Come In - Limited to 1,500
    Superchunk - Here's Where the Strings Come In - Limited to 1,500
    Syd Barrett - An Introduction to Syd Barrett - LP - Limited to 3000
    Television - Live At The Old Waldorf (2LP 180 Gram White Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 3,000
    The Cars - Sad Songs - 7"
    The Dodos - All Night - 7" Vinyl - Limited to 1775
    The Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon & Charlotte Kemp Muhl" - La Carotte Bleue - vinyl LP
    The Naked and Famous - This Machine/No Light - 2 CD EP
    The Red Krayola - Hurricane Fighter Plane - 7" vinyl
    The Toadies - Dia De Los - 7"
    The Velvet Underground - "Foggy Notion" - 7 " vinyl
    The Yardbirds - "Goodnight Sweet Josephine" - 7 " vinyl
    Therapies Son - Over The Sea - 10 inch - LP - Limited to 400
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (Record Store Day Exclusive)(White Colored Vinyl) - Limited to 2,500
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - You're Gonna Get It (Record Store Day Exclusive)(Blue Colored Vinyl) - Limited to 2,500
    Tosh, Peter - "Legalize It"/bw "Equal Rights" Colored Vinyl - 7" Vinyl
    Transit - Promise Nothing.
    Trey Songz - Bedroom Eyes Juniors T-Shirt (S) (RSD Exclusive)
    Trey Songz - Bedroom Eyes Juniors T-Shirt (M) (RSD Exclusive)
    Trey Songz - Bedroom Eyes Juniors T-Shirt (L) (RSD Exclusive)
    Trey Songz - Bedroom Eyes Juniors T-Shirt (XL) (RSD Exclusive)
    Trey Songz - Bedroom Eyes Juniors T-Shirt (2X) (RSD Exclusive)
    Urge Overkill - Effigy b/w Smokehouse - 7 inch - 7I - Limited to 1000
    Var Art - Follow Me Down: Vanguard's Lost Psyhedelic Era - LP - Limited to 2500
    Var Art - Vorwarts - LP - Limited to 1000
    Var Art - Blur,Hot Chip,Eliza Doolittle,Kylie Minogue & Tinie Tempah - Parlophone 7" box set - Limited to 3000
    Various Artists - Rough Guide To African Guitar Legends (180 Gram LP + Download Card)
    Various Artists - Rough Guide To Desert Blues (180 Gram LP + Download Card)
    Various Artists - No One Got Hurt
    Various Artists - Rhymesayers Vinyl Picture Disc
    Various Artists - Save The Music - A Compilation For Record Store Day
    Various Artists - Save The Music 12" #1 - Shawn Lee Exclusives
    Various Artists - Save The Music 12" #2-Groove Merchant Exclusives
    Various Artists - Save The Music 12" #3 -BTS Exclusives
    Various Artists - A Rekords Records Record
    Various Artists - Guided By Voices Tribute: Sing for Your Meat - CD - Limited to Unlimited
    Various Artists - Guided By Voices Tribute: Sing for Your Meat - 12" Double mixed color vinyl - Limited to Unlimited
    Various Artists - Kill Rock Stars - LP - Limited to 2000
    Various Artists - Cee-Lo Green, Santana, Robert Randolp - Jimi Hendrix Tribute: Cee-Lo Green/ "Foxey Lady", Santana /"Spanish Castle Magic", Robert Randolph/"Purple Haze" - CD single
    Villagers/Charlotte Gainsbourg - Memoir/Set The Tigers Free
    Vinyl Shirt - Face Pollution
    Vinyl Shirt - Vinyl Lover
    Vinyl Shirt - Vinyl Junkie
    Vinyl Shirt - The Vinyl Frontier (Black & White)
    Vinyl Shirt - The Vinyl Frontier (Colored)
    Vivian Girls - I Heard You Say
    Waka Flocka Flame - Go Flock Yourself T-Shirt Black (S)(RSD Exclusive)
    Waka Flocka Flame - Go Flock Yourself T-Shirt Black (M)(RSD Exclusive)
    Waka Flocka Flame - Go Flock Yourself T-Shirt Black (L)(RSD Exclusive)
    Waka Flocka Flame - Go Flock Yourself T-Shirt Black (XL)(RSD Exclusive)
    Wavves / Trash Talk - Thorns / TV Luv Song - 7" Vinyl Split - Limited to 500
    Wild Flag - Future Crimes b/w Glass Tambourine
    Wiz Khalifa - WK Logo Drip Mens Slim Fit T-shirt (S)(RSD Exclusive)
    Wiz Khalifa - WK Logo Drip Mens Slim Fit T-shirt (M)(RSD Exclusive)
    Wiz Khalifa - WK Logo Drip Mens Slim Fit T-shirt (L)(RSD Exclusive)
    Wiz Khalifa - WK Logo Drip Mens Slim Fit T-shirt (XL)(RSD Exclusive)
    Wiz Khalifa - WK Logo Drip Mens Slim Fit T-shirt (2X)(RSD Exclusive)
    Young The Giant - Apartment (RSD Exclusive) - Limited to 1,000

15. buran2011

buran2011 New Member

Whats the best way of getting the stuff you want on RSD? I would assume noting down all of the items you are interested in and then contacting the local participating stores to see if they will be getting any stock of the releases you want, then basically being there before the store opens, in a queue.

I would hope you could just go in to the counter and hand the list in and they give you everything that you have listed, makes it easier than having to run around trying to find all of the stuff and then it's done more equally, one item per person and first come, first served if it's a 'limited' item.

16. Spyder

Stores don't know what they are getting until pretty much their various shipments arrive and that could be maybe as late as the day before. There is NO "best way". Each store will have different product. Also, since you are in the UK, the UK will have different releases than in the US (some will overlap).

17. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

What's in this box? The Beatles, Blur, Pet Shop Boys & Hot Chip 7" singles from last year?

18. Spyder

This was actually a RSD-Black Friday leftover that we never had that EMI had extra stock on and ofered us for the first time. So technically it's not a RSD2011 release.

Tracklist
    BLUE - FOOL'S DAY
    Recorded especially for a Record Store Day release, this single is the first new material from the band in 8 years.
    A Blur - Fool's Day 3:28
    B (No Music)

ELIZA DOOLITTLE - PACK UP / ROLLERBLADES
    This is Eliza's current breakthrough single Pack Up which has sold in excess of 300K in the UK and also includes the enw single ''Rolerblades'.'
    C Eliza Doolittle - Pack Up 3:10
    D Eliza Doolittle - Rollerblades 3:04

HOT CHIP - I FEEL BONNIE (FEAT. BONNIE'PRINCE' BILLY) / BEAR WITNESS
    A Bonnie P.B. collaboration that also includes the previously unreleased track ''Bear Witness.''
    E Hot Chip - I Feel Bonnie 5:29
    Featuring, Vocals [Additional] - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy*
    F Hot Chip - Bear Witness 4:52

KYLIE MINOGUE - ALL THE LOVERS / LOS AMORES
    ''All The Lovers'' is the first single from Kylie's latest release ''Aphrodite'' and also features the non-album B-side ''Los Amores.''
    G Kylie Minogue - All The Lovers 3:22
    H Kylie Minogue - Los Amores 3:22

TINIE TEMPAH - PASS OUT / PASS OUT (SBTRKT REMIX)
    This is the only physical release of the biggest single from the UK's bigest breakthrough artist of 2010.
    I Tinie Tempah - Pass Out 4:29
    J Tinie Tempah - Pass Out (SBTRKT Remix) 4:47

19. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

But it says it's 4x7"

Plus there was a PSB release & Paperback Writer on 7" for RSD in 2010

20. Spyder

typo - it's 5x7"

21. Bryan

The official US Record Store Day site now has this graphic on their front page:

[​IMG]

They must've realized people are getting anxious.

22. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Forum Resident

I SOOO wanna get that Pink Floyd live in London record (finally hear it in analogue!), Country Joe and the Fish and that 13th Floor Elevators single.

The Good Vibrations single looked awesome, too ... until I found out it was 78 RPM. Great for a collector, but if you don't have the money and can't play the speed, may as well save up on something else.

The Syd Barrett compilation would be great if one has extra money, but without Rhamadan, I don't feel as much excited about it, and I do want to get the original albums on vinyl at some point.

I wonder if that Country Joe record is a repressing of the one Steve Hoffman did. Perhaps he can chime in on this? It would be fun to get this on Record Store Day but we buy records, after all, for the sound. I wouldn't want to be getting something inferior....

23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I hate Record Store Day. A lot of us don't live any where near a record store, so if we want to buy any of this stuff we have to pay inflated online prices.

Deos anyone know if you can buy this stuff online reasonably?

24. Spyder

Retail stores are to sign a pledge in order to participate in RSD that says they can not offer these items online until after RSD. They are not supposed to hold back selling any RSD products within their physical store so they can sell them later online. They are not supposed to inflate their prices with any leftover stock that they sell online. They are also not supposed to offer any leftover stock on any auction site, such as eBay, for at least one month after RSD. Any store that violates this signed pledge can possibly lose all future RSD participation.

25. PatrickO'Donnell

PatrickO'Donnell Active Member

My understanding is that this year stores had to make a pledge that involved not selling online before a certain date, not marking up items sold online and not holding back items to sell online. So unfortunately, for the "hot ticket" items the answer is pretty much "no."

EDIT: Looks like Spyder beat me to the punch by a few minutes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.