Record Store Day 2011

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bryan, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spillred

spillred Forum Resident

Thanks for the 2011 list...looks like I'll be after the Built To Spill and Deftones releases

2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I agree with everything you say, but I will get sucked into trying to procure a copy of the REM 3x7" release. :sigh:

3. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Agreed. As tempted as I am by the Phish, Springsteen, and Beach Boy releases, I know it will end in nothing but frustration. I know I have no shot at Phish, and maybe Springsteen and Beach Boys I'll pick up in due time. Not worth the aggravation just to end up disappointed, though.

4. Mastodon, William Elliot Whitmore split and Flaming Lips boxset sound good to me...

5. I'm not really sure what this "Record Store Day" business is. What is it?

6. All Rights

All Rights Senior Member

A few from the 7" list

Attached Files:

7. All Rights

All Rights Senior Member

and back covers.

Attached Files:

8. Catywampus

Catywampus Forum Resident

Numero Group had a few pointed words about RSD.

They posted a clarification a few days later:

9. Bump. What is so special about "Record Store Day"? Is it just a day that a lot of these new releases come out?

10. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Many releases are "Record Store Day" exclusives, meaning that they're released for Record Store Day, and sold only at participating record stores. The idea behind Record Store Day is to get people to go out to their local record shops, buy some of the Record Store Day releases, and maybe pick up some other things. It's an attempt to create some business for the independent shops. Unfortunately, a lot of these releases are released in very, very limited quantities with many stores only getting a few copies of each, if any.

[rant]And, unfortunately, it leads to some dishonest record store owners holding back and then selling the more exclusive, in demand releases to collectors for extraordinary prices on eBay.[/rant]

11. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Great Ozzy cover!

12. Inertiatic-Wrist

Inertiatic-Wrist Forum Resident

Woohoo!

13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Wow, that's a pretty cool tracklist.

14. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Well...it appears that Audio Fidelity is getting into the Record Store Day festivities too! And as a Platinum Subscriber, I don't have to take part in the morning scrum!!! :D

Just got this e-mail from Audio Fidelity....

On Saturday, April 16th, the music community comes together and honors the independent record retailers on RECORD STORE DAY.

This is a one day event and last year 1,400 retail outlets around the world participated in this special day.

Audio Fidelity will be participating this year with a special 10" colored vinyl Collector's Limited Edition of Kate Bush's "Hounds Of Love".

This 10" colored vinyl will have 4 tracks and will retail for $14.98. As this is a special collector's limited edition, with Kate's blessing, we will only be manufacturing 1,000 copies. Once those are gone, we will manufacture no more.

[​IMG]

AFZEP 001
    ................................................................................................
    Platinum and 24K Subscription Club Members

For our Platinum and 24K Club Members, we will be offering "YOU" an opportunity to purchase this very special VINYL Collector's Limited Edition and you'll receive your usual club discount.

Limited availability! Act now...
    We will be offering this title only to our subscription club members and through independent retailers. Online retailers, such as Amazon, will not be able to carry this special title.

You will be able to purchase only one (1) copy per club membership should you choose to purchase this title.

We need to have your order in ASAP to reserve your limited edition collector's copy. As I mentioned, we are only making 1,000 copies and the demand from retail far surpasses that number.

If you'd like to reserve your copy of this special Collector's Limited Edition Kate Bush "Hounds of Love" 10" colored vinyl, please let us know ASAP by responding to this email.

Gloria, our club membership director, will then put your name on our reserve list and contact you to let you know when this title will be available and when your payment will be processed.

If you have any club member questions, please contact Gloria at [email protected]

Visit our website now for more information.

Visit our Website

Marshall Blonstein
    Audio Fidelity/Morada Music

(805) 445-6464
    Email Us

15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Oh man... awesome. Any idea what the four tracks are?

16. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

Which is exactly why I don't patronize my local record store, which hoarded copies of the Harrison LP last time around...this whole thing reminds me why I'm not a record collector, but a music collector...

17. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

At this point, no. I have no idea.

18. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

This one caught my eye...wonder what this is?

19. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Audio Fidelity is releasing a 10" vinyl "LP" version of Kate Bush's "Hounds of Love". It only has four songs and will be pressed on colored vinyl. Only 1,000 are being pressed. I got this information from an e-mail as an AF subscriber. The cost is supposed to be $14.98. (The 4 songs that will be included are not mentioned in the e-mail - but it is mentioned that Kate Bush approved the pressing of 1,000 of this 10" collectible issue.)

As a subscriber I was already allowed to order only one copy, which I did.

Just an FYI to add this to the list of items coming out for RSD.

EDIT... Duh.. I didn't see this was already posted in this thread... sorry. Well anyway..

20. gmoney80

gmoney80 Forum Resident

I probably know the answer to this but does anyone know when that flaming lips colored lp box set will appear on there site?

21. englandmademe

englandmademe Forum Resident

It would be cool if they used some rare or unreleased stuff.

e.g. 'Video' mix of Cloudbusting. I also think there is a proper 'extended' version of Hounds of Love that ended up somewhere obscure. Whereas the normal 12" has the still great 'alternative' Hounds of Love.

By the way am I right in assuming that if you are in the UK - as I am - there is no chance of getting hold of this?

22. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Why would anyone want a 10" version of Hounds of Love with only four songs from the album? Yes, I understand the novelty factor, and that collectors will buy anything, but turning an (excellent) full-length album into an EP doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

23. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

$$$

24. englandmademe

englandmademe Forum Resident

I just like the fact that Kate Bush is actively engaging with something interesting and doing something with her neglected back catalogue.

I'm aware she's going to reissue soon, but this is a nice idea in the meantime.
    She must have a good relationship with Audio Fidelity.

On further thought, my guess is that the four tracks will be the singles.
    ie RUTH, Cloudbusting, HOL and The Big Sky but we'll have to wait and see!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.