RCA-Victor LIVING STEREO LP thoughts. And: Just What is "Miracle Surface 317X "???

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tristan, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Japanese Contemporary jazz CD box, volumes one and two. Released a few years ago..

yasujiro likes this.
  2. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

IMO the boxes are among the very best works by Mr.Hoffman.

3. Steve Hoffman

Thank you.

4. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

A little light-hearted side-note..... remember that "shaded dog" outside of the Ststes isn't exactly the same as here at home!

[​IMG]

5. Steve Hoffman

Wow, really? That hurts my face.

Chip TRG likes this.
  6. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

it would hurt your ears even more. It is without a doubt the limpest stereo fold down I have ever heard in my life.

7. tearaway

tearaway Forum Resident

I believe in the miracle... To my ears, especially for its vintage, a cleaned miracle surface LP is significantly better in sound quality than its peers.

Starting a year or so ago I began routinely inspecting my albums with UV light. I have become convinced UV-reactive vinyl is generally poor quality vinyl, often with obvious inclusions made visible in this way.

Anyway, today I was listening to Marjorie Meinert ‎– Hi-Fi And Mighty RCA Victor ‎– LSP-2169 with 317X and it is highly UV reactive. However, it is in a smooth, even consistency that suggests the coating itself is being revealed and not anomalous elements of an inferior mixture. The glow is "on" the wax, not "in" it.

I believe it is no scam and makes a difference. I did not read this entire thread so I hope I did not miss any insider dope on the actual chemistry behind this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kt66brooklyn likes this.
  8. blingnit

blingnit Forum Resident

Miracle Surface was the real deal; RCA increased the conductivity of the vinyl to disperse charge--more carbon black, perhaps? RCA also advertised their conductive plastic for the much loved ;-) Dynagroove LPs--it's even mentioned on the sleeve info-box of some of my Dynagroove LPs. I happened to run across one of these pressings, LSC-2701, and after all these years no visible dust. Considering it's cold and dry out right now, very impressive. Too bad about the whole DSE and DSC thing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.