Post photos of your systems/rooms here! Part 7

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Gary, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, I'm broke for the time being - don't even wanna think about CD players (although my dealer is already pushing). :D

Only problem is that with all that new found tube power, the Sophias almost feel too small. :help:

2. Stitch

Stitch Member

3. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Stitch:

Thanks for the pic of the beautiful analog front end! The CD talk was wearing me out.

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

But analog talks wears out a lot faster. :D

5. Barry Wom

Barry Wom New Member

Do those valve amps get hot being on the middle shelf?
    I'd have them on top.

And have you tried a complete Nordost loom.
    Ie CD - Pre - Power - Speakers?

Beautiful system, yes weather is miserable.

6. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

all you need is a hole in the floor for the wires

7. :laugh:

8. Since it's only a pre-amp it does not get too hot and there is enough air to circulate around it. Didn't put it on the top shelf as the CD555 is a top loader. Checked the bottom of the top shelf a few times today and it didn't even get moderately warm.

My previous system was all Nordost, I was quite surprised when we threw the Cardas in the mix today and they just sounded better in this set up. Might go all Cardas but will play around over the weekend before I decide and finally clean the cable jungle up.

9. I'm renting the house in London, my landlord would not be amused. Once I decide on the final cable selection they will go back on the Cable Towers and it will look a lot tidier.

10. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

Wonderful system Oliver, looking good. I can imagine you are getting some great enjoyment out of your rig. :righton:

11. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Very, very nice! Beautiful set.

12. Thank you gentlemen. :)

13. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Yeah, pretty cool setup, man.

14. TONEPUB

TONEPUB Senior Member

Oliver, give the Cardas Clear a try...

I think you might really find some more magic in your system with it! I've got a full set here and it's excellent..

15. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I told him the same thing when he was in Atlanta. :D

16. I have the Clear ICs already hooked up between the 555 and the ART, my dealer will let me play next week with the speaker cables as well, unfortunately he doesn't have 15f ICs to use between the ART and the mono blocks, but if I like what I hear I'll just have to take a leap of faith.

17. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

Any pics of the rest of your system?

18. Stitch

Stitch Member

Maybe a few. I sold my Digital Camera, but in what are you interested?
    Cables? ;)

[​IMG]

19. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

@MilesSmiles : As usual only the best of the best - noblesse oblige, the problem are he cables ! I feel ya pain . Hate that cable mess myself , how many hours have I spend ducked all sweaty behind my tower and tried to mess up all that cable mess, power cords, dv-i and TV cables, feeling close to a heartattack.
    If you don't really love your system you don't know what I am talking about I bet.
    Move every thing a few inches in front or back, to the left or right and back again. The turn table on top or in the middle and the amp on top or vice versa plus all these V items and their power supplies....A never ending nightmare.
    And with a regular stereo you put it some place and that's it for years or decades to come ...lol.
    Anyway - The one thing you should definitely change is - you need a power supply next to the Mono Blocks. Why do you own 3 of them ?
    The long power cables just suck !

20. You mean power outlets? Wish I could get some dedicated mains but as I mentioned before I'm only renting the house until next year.
    Furthermore, all power cables run through the RSA Dmitri power line conditioner, so something had to give, went with the longer power cables for the mono blocks and put the Dmitri right next to the main system rack.

21. FLEMKE

FLEMKE Senior Member

A shot of my system. I just had my service upgraded to 200amp and installed 4 dedicated Shunyata outlets.

Attached Files:

22. tjward

tjward Forum Resident

OK, sorry about the poor quality (phone camera) but a couple of pics of my very humble hardware and software!

Attached Files:

23. ... that's exactly what I would need. :righton:

24. You got a nice guitar collection going. :cheers:

25. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Man, talk about transparency. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.