Post photos of your systems/rooms here! Part 6

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Gary, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

@Fabian
    Those are Lumen Whites ? I like the way your new speakers look, but also liked the Thiel's you got before. Looked a lot more impressive in your photo - room than on pictures in magazines.
    I heard nothing but sensational things about LUMEN WHITE's - they are ranked always among the very best reference gear. The writers at LP magazine use those LUMEN WHITE' as their working horses for the best systems they review.... So I am a bit surprised to find them within this set-up, which is very very good but not at the ultimate HIgh End level. I may be wrong of course since I haven't read the exact set-up details of your system. Whatever, I bet it sounds really good. How much are they selling them for in Switzerland ? In germany they are around 20.000 Euro as far as I know; but maybe there are 2 or more different models. If yu don't mind telling the price , please let us know...

Anyway thumbs up and enjoy your hobby.....

What did you do with the Thiel's ?

2. Baron Von Talbot

Attached Files:

3. Fantastic set up - love the pics. The CD shelf looked very familiar, wish I had gotten a few more while I still lived in Oz.

[​IMG]

4. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

Thanks Miles. That is an insane CD collection, you could keep W&K in business all by yourself!

5. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

Great set-ups and love that TT

[​IMG]

6. fabinho85

fabinho85 Member

Yes, the new speakers are Lumen White Silverflame. In Germany they retail for EUR 26.000, in the States for USD 33.850. I don't know what they go for in Switzerland.

I agree that my gear is definatly not top of the line high end, but IMHO the Audionet SAM V2 and Audionet ART G2 are both excellent pieces of equipment for their money. The only integrated amp i liked a lot better was the KR Audio Kronzilla SXI, which costs five times what my Audionet costs. My turntable and phonopre of course aren't quite "worthy" of the Lumen Whites ;) If i could afford it i would like to go with C.A.T. JL3 or KR Audio Kronzilla Monoblocks and a nice preamp like Audionet, Hovland, or Lamm.

My old speakers aren't Thiels but Focal Micro Utopia BE VS, i put them in their crates and i'm not sure what i'll do with them. I might sell them to fund a nice phonopre. But i really adore the look and sound of the Focals so i'm reluctant.

And yes, the Lumen White Mystere turntable looks awesome but i think it costs between 60k and 70k Euros... Unfortunately i never heard it. My Lumen White dealer "only" had a Bauer Audio DPS hooked up.

:edthumbs: on all our hobby

7. ... and I would but the shipping cost is just prohibitive. :shrug:

I'm thinking about asking a cabinet maker to build a double sided one for me - free standing and modelled on the W&K. :cheers:

Your TT is a work of art. :righton:

8. vintage_tube

vintage_tube Enjoying Life & Music

Very nice Simon -- would love to hear those ADAM's.

Bob

9. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I saw the ADAMs at Munich, but the big ones were not playing. A small pair were playing in a reasonably priced system and I was surprised by the rich, open sound.

10. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

[​IMG]

11. Baron Von Talbot

My mistake. Of course that gear listed en detail is absolutely worth to fire up those grand Silver lines. Seems you changed some electronic gear together with the speakers,.
    Ah those were Focals. I was surprised a the large size The Thiel book shelves are much smaller
    http://www.audio.de/Testbericht/Thiel-SCS-4_6504654.html
    in reality and on pictures it seems. if you like the Focals keep them ! You might miss them later on.

Attached Files:

12. I might have to borrow that smiley for this thread more often.

13. Lontano

Lontano Forum Resident

You are not called Miles "Smiles" for nothing.

14. An excellent user name for sure ... MilesDrools just wouldn't be the same. :winkgrin:

15. Might be old age but I catch myself doing it here and there. :laugh:

16. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

Very nice Miles! :righton:

17. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Looks good. :cool:

18. klonk

klonk Forum Resident

Thank you for this piece of information. :)

19. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I agree, I use a Promitheus Audio TVC and was able to compare it to EAR's top of the line line-stage and the Promitheus won out in transparency and detail.

20. Stump

Stump Forum Resident

My system has evolved further since l last posted some photos, the rather superb Kuzma Stabi XL2 has made a grand entrance and killed off my interest in CD almost entirely

Dam Mondie
    One hell of a set up .Ill keep a eye out in the SNA for sale section for your CD collection(haha) Hope to catch you at the VAF GTG mid June...
    Eamonn

21. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

Hi Stump,

Good to see you here mate. No chance of selling the CD's, they aid in dispersion :D

Cheers,
    mondie

22. filper

filper Forum Resident

My revamp. Bad photography...

The colours ain't right.

Attached Files:

23. filper

filper Forum Resident

Let's try it in greyscale...

Attached Files:

24. alfeizar

alfeizar Active Member

Maybe you converted it from RBG to CMYK at some moment that's why the colours went wrong. It happened to me when I uploaded an image to imageshack yesterday. Nice looking setup by the way!

25. filper

filper Forum Resident

Cheers. :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.